V-Coach Bulletin

Ramius

I was thinking about where Jason Peters ended up today. Damn, if this kid can only get into the game and make some noise!

115702[/snapback]

Put him on the O-line, we'll get a line one way or another. They were playing him at guard. Would love to see this guy make it as a tight end in the NFL.

Maybe he has been making strides in practice and is improving greatly.  So the Bills are going to have Euhnus, Peters, Nuefeld and Cambell all active tomorrow night?  Power running game? Sweeeeeeeet!

115728[/snapback]

Neufeld, after showing some promise in the pre-season, has shown me nothing this year, or last. With Euhus showing a little better blocking than expected, and coming on as a receiver and dependable second TE, we have little use for Neufeld, the same kind of player. Peters could easily replace RN. Think of the jumbo package if Sam Adams and Jason Peters line up next to each other on the goalline. Yowza!

Neufeld, after showing some promise in the pre-season, has shown me nothing this year, or last. With Euhus showing a little better blocking than expected, and coming on as a receiver and dependable second TE, we have little use for Neufeld, the same kind of player. Peters could easily replace RN. Think of the jumbo package if Sam Adams and Jason Peters line up next to each other on the goalline. Yowza!

Sorry Kelly, but I respectfully disagree. Neufeld did great the first four games of the season. No one has yet given a reason why he was displaced by Euhus. I think Neufeld got caught up in the politics of what happens after a team starts of 0-4. The switch was unlike the McGahee/Henry switch because Willis has CLEARLY outplayed Travis - not the case with the TEs. Of course, if Neufeld had continued to be the #2 TE, you probably would have seen more out of him. Heck, Campbell was struggling tremendously at the beginning of the season and Neufeld seemed to be outplaying him.

No way Peters will replace Neufeld. And I'm shocked that you say we have no use for Neufeld on the team. Neufeld will be on this team at least for the remainder of the season because of his versatility (his contract is up at the end of the season). He's the back up snapper, back up FB, and does great on special teams. He's thrown some key blocks each time McGee ran back touchdowns. And Lord forbid Campbell or Euhus gets injured, he'd be able to step in with no problem. Would you really want Peters filling in for Campbell if he got hurt? Scary.

One thing that's great about all four of these guys is that the bring something different to the table, know what I mean. I think each of them can contribute in there own way.

I hope Peters can make something of himself. Even as a situational player whether is be as a TE or OL. I don't count on much on it happening this year, but maybe working with some good coaches can help him have his game up by next season.

Sorry Kelly, but I respectfully disagree.  Neufeld did great the first four games of the season.  No one has yet given a reason why he was displaced by Euhus.  I think Neufeld got caught up in the politics of what happens after a team starts of 0-4.  The switch was unlike the McGahee/Henry switch because Willis has CLEARLY outplayed Travis - not the case with the TEs.  Of course, if Neufeld had continued to be the #2 TE, you probably would have seen more out of him.  Heck, Campbell was struggling tremendously at the beginning of the season and Neufeld seemed to be outplaying him.

No way Peters will replace Neufeld.  And I'm shocked that you say we have no use for Neufeld on the team.  Neufeld will be on this team at least for the remainder of the season because of his versatility (his contract is up at the end of the season).  He's the back up snapper, back up FB, and does great on special teams.  He's thrown some key blocks each time McGee ran back touchdowns.  And Lord forbid Campbell or Euhus gets injured, he'd be able to step in with no problem.  Would you really want Peters filling in for Campbell if he got hurt?  Scary.

One thing that's great about all four of these guys is that the bring something different to the table, know what I mean.  I think each of them can contribute in there own way.

115757[/snapback]

Just an opinion. Frankly, I don't see it and I have watched him quite a bit. He seemed to not do much of anything when he has played in the two and three TE sets (excluding special teams where I agree he has played well). He has dropped two of the three passes thrown to him I believe, one of which was an important third down. The reason I think he is now expendable relates to your last statement, which I now don't believe to be true, although I once did. At first, Neufeld seemed a jack of all trades, which he is, although he shines at none of them. Euhus was looked at as the receiver of the bunch but a questionable blocker. But it is Euhus who has surprised as the blocker as much as being the receiver, and has replaced Neufeld as that H-Back type, and I think will continue to. Burns is the back-up FB. Bannan and Adams have replaced Neufeld in the three TE formations and goal line formations. Euhus is now the same kind of player that Neufeld is, only a much better prospect and potential receiver.

It is possible or even likely that Peters has been playing tackle and isn't thought of as a potential third TE anymore, although that remains to be seen, so this may be moot.

He has dropped two of the three passes thrown to him I believe, one of which was an important third down.

I know which passes you're refering to Kelly - a couple of them were really bad passes. Blame Bledsoe for those.

I agree that Euhus has got potential, but I really haven't seem him do anything Neufeld hasn't been able to do. Sure he caught a touchdown pass, but that's because Bledsoe threw to him in the endzone. Neufeld's been open a couple times and Bledsoe doesn't throw to him - I think the commentators even said so during the Oakland game.

And I have to say, after seeing Neufeld play fullback last year when both Gash and Crosby were hurt, I have all the confidence in saying that he's a better fullback than Burns.

But we'll just have to agree to disagree.

I know which passes you're refering to Kelly - a couple of them were really bad passes.  Blame Bledsoe for those.

I agree that Euhus has got potential, but I really haven't seem him do anything Neufeld hasn't been able to do.  Sure he caught a touchdown pass, but that's because Bledsoe threw to him in the endzone.  Neufeld's been open a couple times and Bledsoe doesn't throw to him - I think the commentators even said so during the Oakland game.

And I have to say, after seeing Neufeld play fullback last year when both Gash and Crosby were hurt, I have all the confidence  in saying that he's a better fullback than Burns.

But we'll just have to agree to disagree.

115775[/snapback]

1. The one I am referring to was right in Neufeld's hands in first down territory and he dropped it. There was another right in his hands where he was hit and dropped it from the hit, but I felt that he should have held on.

2. The Euhus catch was not in the endzone, he ran it in and leapt through a couple guys at the goalline to get there.

3. I don't doubt that he may be as a good a FB as Joe Burns, although I have a very strong suspicion that if Shelton were hurt the Bills brass would put Joe Burns in there and not Ryan Neufeld. Which says something. What I was really referring to was the fact that yes, Ryan is a very versatile player, something I like a lot about him. But we do have Burns on the team to play FB if Shelton goes down so it is not as if Neufeld's versatility was really needed.

4. I was not a big fan of Neufeld's last year, but I liked him a lot in the pre-season. he made a lot of plays, several catches, and looked like he was getting a lot better. But in the games this year he really hasn't produced when he got the shot, excluding special teams. If neufeld were clearly a better blocker than Euhus he would be in there in the two TE formations but the rookie has overtaken him in those packages. And they are now very similar players.

5. Hey, you may be right. It's okay to disagree. You know your football from what I have seen out of you here. Now I'm looking for you to produce on sundays! :)

5. Hey, you may be right. It's okay to disagree. You know your football from what I have seen out of you here. Now I'm looking for you to produce on sundays!

I'm too busy watching the games! LOL! I'll try to make my presence felt tomorrow night...

Somehow I knew everyone here would be creaming in their pants when they heard about Peters....

115806[/snapback]

It will be interesting to see if they activate him for this game. Last game, on the sidelines, I noticed they dressed the five starters (jennings, williams, villarial, smith, teague) plus had tucker, price, pucillo and dylan mcfarland. I wouldn't doubt if they activated Peters instead of mcfarland and put him in on the jumbo packages as a tackle or as a TE the way they used Bannan and Sam Adams. Not to mention that if Peters were out there as part of the package at the end of the first half last week, he could have been an endzone target for Drew instead of just having DLs and DTs out there on offense. And Drew may not have had to spike it. In fact, the more I think of it, this may be a reaction to just that problem and predicament.

Sorry Kelly, but I respectfully disagree.  Neufeld did great the first four games of the season.  No one has yet given a reason why he was displaced by Euhus.  I think Neufeld got caught up in the politics of what happens after a team starts of 0-4.  The switch was unlike the McGahee/Henry switch because Willis has CLEARLY outplayed Travis - not the case with the TEs.  Of course, if Neufeld had continued to be the #2 TE, you probably would have seen more out of him.  Heck, Campbell was struggling tremendously at the beginning of the season and Neufeld seemed to be outplaying him.

No way Peters will replace Neufeld.  And I'm shocked that you say we have no use for Neufeld on the team.  Neufeld will be on this team at least for the remainder of the season because of his versatility (his contract is up at the end of the season).  He's the back up snapper, back up FB, and does great on special teams.  He's thrown some key blocks each time McGee ran back touchdowns.  And Lord forbid Campbell or Euhus gets injured, he'd be able to step in with no problem.  Would you really want Peters filling in for Campbell if he got hurt?  Scary.

One thing that's great about all four of these guys is that the bring something different to the table, know what I mean.  I think each of them can contribute in there own way.

115757[/snapback]

FIRST NONE OF OUR T.E.'s ARE GREAT SO DONT USE THAT TERM SO LOOSELY...........2nd there isnt one play that Neufield has made that couldnt be replaced,his blocking is suspect ,Peters we are hereing is better,Neufeld presents no match up problems ,Peters absolutely does, the reason Euhus has replaced Neufeld is that he brings more to the table. Neufeld will follow I.Reese out of Buffalo. Damn I like This Coaching Staff because if there is a better option for the team they are not scared to use it. Heck if Travis wasnt safe no one will be safe .......The Best People Will Play On This Team....................

I too think it will be very interesting to see if they activate Peters and/or McFarland.

Has anyone been counting how many times McFarland's been active? I've been thinking he and Ritzmann are two candidates for being snuck onto the PS next year if they are still developing, instead of any draftees that will draw more attention.

For all his amazing size, speed, and hype, Peters looked pretty horrible in preseason. I hope he was just an untrained talent that can contribute in the next year or two once he gets some proper coaching. Maybe just teach him 3 or 4 different plays??

Ritzmann and McFarland have been inactive every week.  The only players I can see them deactivating for Peters are Pucillo and Burns.

115988[/snapback]

Do you, or anyone, know the rules for dressing for the game? I know for a fact that Dylan McFarland was fully dressed in pads and uniform for the game last week, but thought that if you were inactive you didn't dress. None of the other players who were inactive were dressed, excluding, of course, the #3 quarterback.

I guess, perhaps, it is the players choice, and some may want to feel more a part of the team. Others may be more comfortable in regular clothes knowing they cannot play no matter what.

Do you, or anyone, know the rules for dressing for the game? I know for a fact that Dylan McFarland was fully dressed in pads and uniform for the game last week, but thought that if you were inactive you didn't dress. None of the other players who were inactive were dressed, excluding, of course, the #3 quarterback.

I guess, perhaps, it is the players choice, and some may want to feel more a part of the team. Others may be more comfortable in regular clothes knowing they cannot play no matter what.

116076[/snapback]

I get my info from NFL.com's gamebooks. They listed McFarland as "not active" (the other categories are "lineups," "subs," and "did not play," which pretty much cover everything).

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/gamebook/NFL_20041107_NYJ@BUF

I get my info from NFL.com's gamebooks.  They listed McFarland as "not active" (the other categories are "lineups," "subs," and "did not play," which pretty much cover everything).

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/gamebook/NFL_20041107_NYJ@BUF

116101[/snapback]

I usually use that, too, and went there to look after reading your post because I thought McFarland was active. I thought this because he was standing right in front of me in my view from the stands, and he had his full uniform on, with "McFarland" on the back of his Bills uniform. :) I was surprised and just assumed he was active. I guess the players can dress if they wish.

I usually use that, too, and went there to look after reading your post because I thought McFarland was active. I thought this because he was standing right in front of me in my view from the stands, and he had his full uniform on, with "McFarland" on the back of his Bills uniform.  :) I was surprised and just assumed he was active. I guess the players can dress if they wish.

116122[/snapback]

Seems like committment to me, to dress but know you're not going to play. He also could have been helping players warm-up I guess. I don't know.

didn't a bunch of you posters say that peters would probably be moved to tackle?i am sure i read that alot on the wall.i hope he does well to have a big guy like that on the line who can also catch the ball sounds like a guy i woud like to have on the line for the next 10 years