Jimmy Carter

All joking aside, I'm honestly amazed that after watching America vote the first black man into the most powerful position in the world that the left is SO quick to label any dissenters as racist.

Way to overplay your hand, crackers.

politics as usual.

no different than republicans saying that not following bush and cheney blindly after 9/11 is unamerican.

each side is always looking for that little extra edge to push things past the tipping point, and its disgusting both ways

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just saw Dee Dee Meyers on Morning Joe and I think she had at least partly correct. The level of vitriol against Obama has a racial component and having the other issues people disagree with him about allows the racial nut heads to come above ground, but that isn't the only motivation. Though to deny it is a component is naive.

All though Scarborough said that Clinton had it worse and Bush in someways had it as bad as Obama from the left. Unfortunately this is part of the current way in an instant message society that people express themselves... We do it here on this board. I do think the press makes too much of it as a bad thing, as long as it doesn't rise to the level of violence. Blowing off steam on a board and arguing is a lot safer and civilized then say some other forms of political debate that currently goes on in the Middle East.

I'm sure there are many ignorant white people who would not vote for or support Obama due to racism. I would be willing to bet that the percentage of black people who voted for Obama simply because he was black is pretty high too. I wonder if Jimmy has a problem with the fact that an extremely high percentage of black people voted along racial lines? Many of whom probably did not vote in previous elections when only white people were running. How about we try to expose and end racism from all races?

so you took this:

"I think an overwhelming portion of the intensely demonstrated animosity toward President Barack Obama is based on the fact that he is a black man, that he's African American," Carter said.

No, but I do take it as a hyperbolic, divisive over exaggeration that does no good for Obama and what he would like to achieve. Comments like this, are distractions, and they do nothing to move things forward but instead we take a step back.

What a !@#$ing retard!!! This guy has got to go down as one of the worst presidents in modern times and definitely one of the biggest bumbling idiots in his post presidency.

Stupid Jack ass

I'm sure there are many ignorant white people who would not vote for or support Obama due to racism. I would be willing to bet that the percentage of black people who voted for Obama simply because he was black is pretty high too. I wonder if Jimmy has a problem with the fact that an extremely high percentage of black people voted along racial lines? Many of whom probably did not vote in previous elections when only white people were running. How about we try to expose and end racism from all races?

To answer your question %97.9 of black voters voted for B.O

Ya, I'm sure that had nothing to do with race :wallbash:

I just saw Dee Dee Meyers on Morning Joe and I think she had at least partly correct. The level of vitriol against Obama has a racial component and having the other issues people disagree with him about allows the racial nut heads to come above ground, but that isn't the only motivation. Though to deny it is a component is naive.

All though Scarborough said that Clinton had it worse and Bush in someways had it as bad as Obama from the left. Unfortunately this is part of the current way in an instant message society that people express themselves... We do it here on this board. I do think the press makes too much of it as a bad thing, as long as it doesn't rise to the level of violence. Blowing off steam on a board and arguing is a lot safer and civilized then say some other forms of political debate that currently goes on in the Middle East.

I don't think anyone denies that there isn't a component of a racism or at least anyone who thinks rationally, but to come out and say "I think an overwhelming portion of the intensely demonstrated animosity toward President Barack Obama is based on the fact that he is a black man, that he's African American" is just plain stupid and very divisive at that.

I don't think anyone denies that there isn't a component of a racism or at least anyone who thinks rationally, but to come out and say "I think an overwhelming portion of the intensely demonstrated animosity toward President Barack Obama is based on the fact that he is a black man, that he's African American" is just plain stupid and very divisive at that.

Agreed and even Obama stated as much while he was running, his race cannot be an excuse and yet Carter and the ultra left keep putting it out there and for that matter so does the right. It should be acknowledged and railed against, but it should be used as an opportunity to provide solutions, not to criticize and leave open ended. It does no good to come across as Carter did as a mean spirited Calvanist. I grew up with one and now I just tune her out, like we should do with Carter.

JIMMAH!!!

politics as usual.

no different than republicans saying that not following bush and cheney blindly after 9/11 is unamerican.

each side is always looking for that little extra edge to push things past the tipping point, and its disgusting both ways

Except for the minor detail that they never said that.

Makes some sense. And if he was polish, somebody would be calling him a dumb pollack. People are like that. But to throw the race thing out there for reason as to why opponents don't like some of his agenda makes me want to puke. Besides, he's not black, he's bi-racial. Have you not seen the pictures of his mother on the Internet? She's really white. Everywhere.