Jimmy Carter

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a nutshell, basically said anyone who disagrees with Obama is a racist.

NBC was thrilled to put this on prime time news.

Whats worse, the nutty peanut farmer or NBC for airing this garbage?

On the other hand, as a Southern Democrat, you'd expect him to know a thing or two about the subject...

It's funny, because this morning I saw that Cracker Barrel announced some nice profits, and I thought maybe it wouldn't be a bad investment. But, y'know, a white guy buying stock in a company with the name Cracker in it. It's got racism written all over it.

All joking aside, I'm honestly amazed that after watching America vote the first black man into the most powerful position in the world that the left is SO quick to label any dissenters as racist.

Way to overplay your hand, crackers.

It's funny, because this morning I saw that Cracker Barrel announced some nice profits, and I thought maybe it wouldn't be a bad investment. But, y'know, a white guy buying stock in a company with the name Cracker in it. It's got racism written all over it.

All joking aside, I'm honestly amazed that after watching America vote the first black man into the most powerful position in the world that the left is SO quick to label any dissenters as racist.

Way to overplay your hand, crackers.

Jokers wild. They play their hand.

so you took this:

"I think an overwhelming portion of the intensely demonstrated animosity toward President Barack Obama is based on the fact that he is a black man, that he's African American," Carter said. "I live in the South, and I've seen the South come a long way, and I've seen the rest of the country that shared the South's attitude toward minority groups at that time, particularly African Americans"

Continued Carter, who is famously from Georgia: "And that racism inclination still exists. And I think it's bubbled up to the surface because of the belief among many white people, not just in the South but around the country, that African-Americans are not qualified to lead this great country. It's an abominable circumstance, and it grieves me and concerns me very deeply."

and interpreted it to mean this?:

In a nutshell, basically said anyone who disagrees with Obama is a racist.

so you took this:

"I think an overwhelming portion of the intensely demonstrated animosity toward President Barack Obama is based on the fact that he is a black man, that he's African American," Carter said. "I live in the South, and I've seen the South come a long way, and I've seen the rest of the country that shared the South's attitude toward minority groups at that time, particularly African Americans"

Continued Carter, who is famously from Georgia: "And that racism inclination still exists. And I think it's bubbled up to the surface because of the belief among many white people, not just in the South but around the country, that African-Americans are not qualified to lead this great country. It's an abominable circumstance, and it grieves me and concerns me very deeply."

Of course it's not BOs policy's that I don't like him. It's because he's black. But I Think Carter[white] sucked big time. So where do you pigeon hole me? Junk is junk.

so you took this:

Maybe not that one statement, but suddenly this issue is being bombarded in the news & blogosphere all week, and not just by Jimma. So, there appears to be a coordinated effort by someone to paint the anti-Obama sentiment in racial terms to roll back the tide of opposition which has driven his popularity ratings down.

In reality, there probably is a large component of racially motivated anger at him, but I'd guess that for most opposing him, it's because he's the most leftist President in their lifetimes.

He brought that up. Basically dismissed anyone south off the Mason-Dixon line as a racist.

So if thats a given[according to Carter] Why do people in "free" states have any issue with BO?

I've spent the last three months traveling from Texas to the Florida keys to Buffalo to Erie, Pa, and to

Cody Wyoming and believe me racism is alive and well in this country and you have to be naive, stupid or in denial

to dismiss Carters statements.

I've spent the last three months traveling from Texas to the Florida keys to Buffalo to Erie, Pa, and to

Cody Wyoming and believe me racism is alive and well in this country and you have to me naive, stupid or in denial

to dismiss Carters statements.

This is about national policy here. Not a couple guys yakking about "the colored" If I think BO is junk, am I supposed to fall in line so I look "enlightened"?

This is about national policy here. Not a couple guys yakking about "the colored" If I think BO is junk, am I supposed to fall in line so I look "enlightened"?
This isn't about you falling in line, disagree with policy to your hearts content, and it s not about a

couple of guys talking, its deep and its there

Obey Obama or suffer the consequences. I have never, and will never, given any public criticism of Mr. President because the consequences are too steep, the risks too large. I can't aford to be on his blacklist, because I have a family to feed and care for. If I have anything negative to say I either keep it to myself or whisper in hushed, measured tones - and even then only among my most immediate family and most intimate friends.

Obey Obama or suffer the consequences. I have never, and will never, given any public criticism of Mr. President because the consequences are too steep, the risks too large. I can't aford to be on his blacklist, because I have a family to feed and care for. If I have anything negative to say I either keep it to myself or whisper in hushed, measured tones - and even then only among my most immediate family and most intimate friends.

Republicans = Scared?

hmmmm.....might have to re-read that Scientific American article...