Leodis McKelvin's property vandalized

Simon

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you know the difference between being accused of doing something and actually doing it? :thumbsup:

Yeah...

there are 20 pages of posts ACCUSING A BILLS FAN of vandalism.

It could have been his next door neighbor pissed that he booms Bass at 1 AM for all we know.

Now we are holding a Tim Russert Memorial Vigil for McKelvin on Sunday......

Yeah...

there are 20 pages of posts ACCUSING A BILLS FAN of vandalism.

It could have been his next door neighbor pissed that he booms Bass at 1 AM for all we know.

Now we are holding a Tim Russert Memorial Vigil for McKelvin on Sunday......

So you're saying a Bills fan did this, just like Hardy beat his infant son...

Well said.

The NFL promotes these guys 24/7 as well as tacitly endorsed a billion dollar a year gambling industry.

The NFL promotes fantasy football, which in 99% of cases involves wagering

Twitter, UStream, et al., only encourage more un-needed exposure of these athletes, and is a minefield which is still unfolding (Hey...anyone here watch the live Ustream with Lynch, Nelson and our buddy Kawika Mitchell....where Lynch is smoking a "cigar" in the background as the smoke detector constantly beeps from a low or removed battery, Nelson refers multiple times to "White Bitches"....and Lynch holds up an Oakland Raiders helmet and tells this camera "This is what it's all about!"????)

If Mitchell doesn't Twitter...I've got $100 that says we never hear a word of this.

The Bills were 5-1 underdogs to win the game.......you think...just POSSIBLY...this wasn't even a Bills fan but someone that lost $$ on McKelvin's mistake?

Better yet...it was probably some 15 year old that was winning his Fantasy Football matchup by 4 points, until Brady threw his 2nd touchdown and lost it for the kid.

People need to stop and think sometimes. The NFL pimps these guys out on every form of media 24/7, then cries when someone receives a little "creative" constructive criticism.

I've gotta run now.....I just caught an 8 year old chalking out a Hopscotch on my sidewalk......little B word!

I'd gladly take that bet, because a report was filed. (Witness Scott Berchtold calling it a "police matter.") BuffNews may not have all the reporters they used to, but I'll guarantee that there's still someone working the cops-and-courts desk.

Lynch....hits a girl with his car and speeds off, gets arrested with contraband firearm and drugs in the car

Hardy...hits his girlfriend while holding his infant son, pulls out a gun while confronting his father

Whitner, Parrish, Simpson, Hargrove....all arrested for various violence and alcohol induced tirades.

This in the course of a little over 12 months.....

But some yuppie kid who was decent enough to voice his displeasure on a renewable canvas without vulgarity is what pushes the fanbase over the edge when it comes to the image of the city and it's people.

Agreed...WOuld i do it? No, However :thumbsup:

It was spray paint on grass specifically applied by someone who specifically went out of their way to target someone they didn't know but were apparently very upset with.

That's what makes it kind-of scary. The act itself may not be significant; the attitude behind it has something of a "rabbit in the stewpot" color to it.

This is exactly the point ... doesn't matter if it's spray paint on a renewable lawn or not. When anyone says this is ok it opens the door for the next act of violence. This was WRONG ... what Lynch, Hardy, et. al. did were WRONG too. There is nothing funny in the least about this ... and it is scary how many think this was a good thing.

But then again how many of us with kids have sat watching the game at THE RALPH as someone cursed a total blue streak towards the ref's, opposing team/coach, or Bills' players/coaches some how thinking that their elementary tirade will impact the individuals on the field never once showing respect (my there's a word that seems to have been flushed down the toilet a long time ago) towards those in their immediate vicinity. I still believe that a day at the stadium deserves to be a family experience not just one for drunk, foul mouthed guys trying to rediscover their teen years.

I'd gladly take that bet, because a report was filed. (Witness Scott Berchtold calling it a "police matter.") BuffNews may not have all the reporters they used to, but I'll guarantee that there's still someone working the cops-and-courts desk.

Lori...I hate to tell you, but I have close to a dozen stories about some of our present and previous "heroes" that never make the paper because they are allowed to slip out the back door of 74 Franklin. I am talking about some real heavy stuff. That is why I laugh when we coddle these guys at times.

I have a question.....if my car gets a window busted out at Ralph Wilson Stadium because I wear a Dolphins shirt:

A) What will the owners of the parking lot do about it?

B) What will the Bills fans do about it?

C) What will the media do about it?

A) Nothing

B) Laugh

C) Nothing

I think Leodis can afford 2 minutes with a Toro

Lori...I hate to tell you, but I have close to a dozen stories about some of our present and previous "heroes" that never make the paper because they are allowed to slip out the back door of 74 Franklin. I am talking about some real heavy stuff. That is why I laugh when we coddle these guys at times.

I have a question.....if my car gets a window busted out at Ralph Wilson Stadium because I wear a Dolphins shirt:

A) Nothing

B) Laugh

C) Nothing

This isn't about what they did, it's about the mindset of someone who takes the time to do this. As DCTom says it has a "rabbit in a stewpot" feel to it. :thumbsup:

A) Nothing

B) Laugh

C) Nothing

It is the principle here that matters. You're going ot someone's house and doing this. Violating someone's privacy. I lived in Irving, TX in an apartment complex that Emmitt Smith's girlfriend lived in and he was over there frequently. Emmitt had a bad game that week, I think a couple of fumbles and the Cowboys lost. The next day, his car was egged. (Not by me!) Two weeks later, the girlfriend had moved out. I don't know if McKelvin is renting or owning, but having your privacy violated sucks. I bet he wishes he could move now. Who knows what the next stupid Bills fan will do if he screws up again.

This isn't about what they did, it's about the mindset of someone who takes the time to do this. As DCTom says it has a "rabbit in a stewpot" feel to it. :thumbsup:

On this website alone...heck, on this thread alone....I have been slandered, accused of breaking the law, had my occupational livelyhood threatened, my Religion belittled, my mental ability and status mocked and degraded.....

Is this not a rabbit in a stewpot? If someone is willing to slander me because they don't agree with my opinion or personality, or accuse me of malace....what else are they willing to do? I've got to protect my family and myself. Maybe I should look into certain avenues of protection or recourse.

No....I don't, because I'm not a P***Y. If someone wants to act like a slimeball....I am going to assume it is because they can hide behind a computer screen....just like it is safe to assume that the spraypaint on the lawn was just some overemotional jerk and not the KKK getting ready to scout out some trees and tie some rope.

Discernment is no longer.

I saw this on SI today.

----------------------------------------------------------

"On another note, Silver said he wasn't surprised that Bills fans vandalized Leodis McKelvin's house. Silver said when he writes negative things about Buffalo, the team's fans threaten him."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/danpatric...l#ixzz0RHxRBkRe

On this website alone...heck, on this thread alone....I have been slandered, accused of breaking the law, had my occupational livelyhood threatened, my Religion belittled, my mental ability and status mocked and degraded.....

Is this not a rabbit in a stewpot? If someone is willing to slander me because they don't agree with my opinion or personality, or accuse me of malace....what else are they willing to do? I've got to protect my family and myself. Maybe I should look into certain avenues of protection or recourse.

No....I don't, because I'm not a P***Y. If someone wants to act like a slimeball....I am going to assume it is because they can hide behind a computer screen....just like it is safe to assume that the spraypaint on the lawn was just some overemotional jerk and not the KKK getting ready to scout out some trees and tie some rope.

Discernment is no longer.

You are seriously comparing a physical violation of someone's home with comments made on a message board?

Do you even know what "a rabbit in a stewpot" means?

You are seriously comparing a physical violation of someone's home with comments made on a message board?

Do you even know what "a rabbit in a stewpot" means?

Comments?

Slander, Threats, Accusations, Religious Biggotry..............

Spraypaint on a lawn with no threats or hate speech by 1 of 2 million fans in the Greater Niagara Region (Thanks Russ for coining that one!), after a guy making $20 million makes a decision a Pop Warner kid wouldn't make.

Comments?

Slander, Threats, Accusations, Religious Biggotry..............

Spraypaint on a lawn with no threats or hate speech by 1 of 2 million fans in the Greater Niagara Region (Thanks Russ for coining that one!), after a guy making $20 million makes a decision a Pop Warner kid wouldn't make.

You have repeatedly shown yourself to be pretty racist and although I think it's backward, I support your right to think what you will. I see no reason why your choice of religion should be out-of-bounds when you seem to have no problem judging others based on things that are not their choice.