Leodis McKelvin's property vandalized

Simon

Here in Canada, during a CFL playoff game, a fan of the Saskatchewan Roughriders was so pissed at the kicker missing the game-winning field goal that he dumped manure on his front lawn.

The culprit turned out to be a 31 year old loser....

http://www.redorbit.com/news/oddities/1032...loss/index.html

This is just as classless as that.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first place I heard about this was via Kawika Mitchell and his Twitter account

@Ka_Mitchell55

A teammate of ours had his house vandalized last nite or this morn. Its def not a game to b playin. W/ all the safety issues n the NFL...

...its not funny at all. We have Fam at our homes to protect. If u show ur face on my prop Ill make sure I do everythin to keep my...

...Fam safe. So dont come around thinkin, oh we'll just leave a message on his lawn or wall, b/c Im goin to take it as a threat. Its my...

...job to protect my home as it is the job of all home owners. Dont push the limit.

Graham weighs in: Isolated stupidity shouldn't paint all Bills fans

The thing is, Buffalo's diehards have been the team's greatest selling point. The club sold 55,000 season tickets this year despite all the futility. Fans traveled to Canton in droves to see owner Ralph Wilson and defensive end Bruce Smith inducted last month.

The mark this incident leaves on the fan base will last much longer than whatever was on McKelvin's lawn.

But whoever perpetrated the sophomoric crime probably was stupid enough to brag about it. Here's hoping they get caught and receive the best punishment I can think of: having their pictures put on television so they can be humiliated in a very public way.

Maybe then they'll understand what it's like to make a mistake on national television.

As for the rest of Buffalo's fans, I have faith in them.

I'd love to see the Bills introduce their defense before Sunday's home opener against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to give the sellout crowd a chance to make amends.

This is a bad story. Last thing Buffalo needed was another black eye for the national media.

It hurt us all a lot but it is only a game after all.

I hope that the word can get back to all the players that this type of idiocy represents a very small portion of the Bills fans out there.

Everybody is slacking BFLO... But hear this... If the Bears lost to the Packers for 6 straight years... This town (Chicago) would come unhinged/unglue ten times worse. The streets of Lake Forest/Halas Hall would be burning remnants. Heck TWO years would be enough to do the trick... It is amazing people in BFLO have showed this much restraint for this long...

:wallbash:

And you know this how? Uneducated guess?

we'll , i got home from work today to find my front lawn (90X80) was mowed by an unknown person.

didn't need to be cut yet, but if i find out who did it.........

i'd buy them a case of beer!

if only they did the acre in the back.

true story.........

If someone in your neighborhood just bought a new riding mower it's probably them.

Thanks, great article Tim!

Living in another city, defending the Bills is a 24-7 job and this makes it harder. Just another example of trash ruining it for the real fans. Someone should find these vandals and send post their address so I can send a hot, streamy one for the Mrs. and kids to open and see what a man daddy is.

Wish I was going to the game, but I'm stuck out here in Denver. To those of you going, make sure you guys give McKelvin the biggest pop when he's announced if they announce the defensive starters on Sunday! Actually who am I kidding, you think the PR people will pass up a chance to introduce TO in the home opener? Either way, show him some love for sure.

Tim is absolutely correct.

I guarantee whoever did this was dumb enough to brag about it. Now that this story has been picked up by the national media, identifying the culprit will be job one for the local and state police. They'll find the moron, just give it a couple of days to play out.

To whoever did it, the police will be knocking on your front door soon. Enjoy your new found fame.

The joke is the overreaction from the media/fanbase. That is what I am taking issue with.

From some of the reaction here, you would think there was a burning cross on his front lawn and his kids were being held hostage.

McKelvin made a mistake.....he's a nice and talented kid and I hope he runs back 3 TDs next week. However....in the Real World before Twitter and all this other BS, this would not even be a story and you wouldn't have a clue. This stuff has gone on for ages....by Kawika having to scoop it to the world, he is only inviting more attention seekers to see if they can top this.

Define irony:

Mentally unstable poster who has extremely overreacted to the point of falsifying information regarding NFL players (Lynch and Hardy) complaining of overreaction by national media to a situation involving another NFL player.

Another thread got me thinking.

Since Coach Dick stupidly didn't even bother giving instructions for McKelvin to be sure to bring out anything fielded cleanly, would we be nearly as pissed if somebody had spray-painted cusswords on Jauron's lawn?

Fair enough... :wallbash:

Define irony:

Mentally unstable poster who has extremely overreacted to the point of falsifying information regarding NFL players (Lynch and Hardy) complaining of overreaction by national media to a situation involving another NFL player.

Where do I falsify information about Lynch and Hardy?

Also....you found it neccessary to START 4 THREADS that make fun of Cincinatti Bengals and Miami Dolphins getting arrested....yet you manage to be one of the biggest Bills appologists here. You are just dripping with dignity.

I guess I am mentally unstable, because I seem to be one of the few that don't want to take little Leodis to my bossom and cuddle him to sleep. Oh...the humanity of it all!!! How will he ever recover???

Here's a work project for you.....go in the lab and figure out how the estrogen level of the average Bills fan has quadrupled in the past decade.

I just can't believe what a non-story this is. The idea that this makes Buffalo look bad is just stupid, because people outside of Buffalo already have such a low opinion of Buffalo that it just doesn't matter. They're wrong, but who cares anyway.

And no offense to Kawika, but he needs to lighten up and make a play on the field. if I had Leodis' talent, made his money, made a play like he did and came home to find nothing, then I would ask to be traded to a team where the fans actually care.

Does it suck that someone damaged his property? Yes, and what a jackass for doing something like that.

That said, I will be among the fans who greet Leodis with a resounding "boo" on Sunday. I dont give a rat's ass what he thinks about Bills fans and his fumble ruined my Monday night.

Try holding on to the ball.

Where do I falsify information about Lynch and Hardy?

Also....you found it neccessary to START 4 THREADS that make fun of Cincinatti Bengals and Miami Dolphins getting arrested....yet you manage to be one of the biggest Bills appologists here. You are just dripping with dignity.

I guess I am mentally unstable, because I seem to be one of the few that don't want to take little Leodis to my bossom and cuddle him to sleep. Oh...the humanity of it all!!! How will he ever recover???

Here's a work project for you.....go in the lab and figure out how the estrogen level of the average Bills fan has quadrupled in the past decade.

I don't have enough time in the week to find your hundreds of posts claiming Hardy hit his infant son, or your posts claiming Lynch left the woman for dead. Your little lie of "Hardy pulled a gun on his dad" is a nice touch however. You seem to have a big misunderstanding of what constitutes a "fact" and what is an over exaggeration. Perhaps you can go look it up in revelations? You should have some more free time now since the world didn't end on 9/15/09 like your prediction.

i think the time we as people become so desensitized that the instinct to muster outrage is gone, is the time to start folding tents and saying prayers. just my opinion.

jw

Thank yoiu JW!

As I read the postings and reactions it is so easy to see how this could happen. We as a society have lost it ... the fact that so many responses are vaguely supportive of this criminal act just because Leodis played poorly is truly sad.

I had hoped to find this board's thread providing information on a group of people who were getting together to repair the damage for Leodis. Since I am heading up to Buffalo for the game I was expecting to see a work crew being organized to show that true fans as well as the "City of Good Neighbors" help each other rather than attack each other. But no ... there are the snow references of how we could color his lawn yellow as well as those cheering on this juvenile attack.

It appears that a significant percentage of society keeps wanting to live their lives as high school bullies rather than mature adults.

JW, make room for me at the prayer rail ... we need prayer big time!

Someone please show civility and citizenship by offering to repair the damage ...