Leodis McKelvin's property vandalized

Simon

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another thread got me thinking.

Since Coach Dick stupidly didn't even bother giving instructions for McKelvin to be sure to bring out anything fielded cleanly, would we be nearly as pissed if somebody had spray-painted cusswords on Jauron's lawn?

Since Coach Dick stupidly didn't even bother giving instructions for McKelvin to be sure to bring out anything fielded cleanly, would we be nearly as pissed if somebody had spray-painted cusswords on Jauron's lawn?

Depends if I deserved the critique or not... If I did, would say: "spray away."

they should be warned about the nightly turds I leave there...

Depends if I deserved the critique or not... If I did, would say: "spray away."

Actually I wasn't wondering if you'd be pissed, I was wondering if BillsNation would be as pissed. And I was also wondering more about that reaction in regards to the painting of Dick Jauron's yard as opposed to yours.

they should be warned about the nightly turds I leave there...

If you just lived nearer to McKelvin's property than Jauron's we could have tracked these perps.

I find this to be quite ridiculous. Not only is it completely classless, but it also paints a picture of bills fans to the rest of the leauge of a fan base of hooligans. That if you don't play well you'll pay for it. Now this is clearly one (or a few) bad apple(s) and we all know that. However players around the leauge don't know that they will just read the headlines and make thier judgement. This incident while even if it is completely isolated only furthers to hurt our changes in the FA market. Now we have bad weather, a reputation for not making the playoffs, an extreamly frugal owner, and now to top it off players are under the threat of vandalism. UNREAL. As a fan what runs through your head? How can this help change anything. Oh well. :wallbash:

Actually I wasn't wondering if you'd be pissed, I was wondering if BillsNation would be as pissed. And I was also wondering more about that reaction in regards to the painting of Dick Jauron's yard as opposed to yours.

If you just lived nearer to McKelvin's property than Jauron's we could have tracked these perps.

:wallbash: Bleed over from my last post... Sorry.

Anyway... I think it would be the same (reaction) on this board. This place is a tad different than the rest of BillsNation. ;)

I appreciate the class you show by actually admitting you agree with me.

The guy who did this is an idiot, and if I see someone doing that to my lawn....I scare the kid to death....but for anyone to be shocked or outraged by this is a joke.

i think the time we as people become so desensitized that the instinct to muster outrage is gone, is the time to start folding tents and saying prayers. just my opinion.

jw

i think the time we as people become so desensitized that the instinct to muster outrage is gone, is the time to start folding tents and saying prayers. just my opinion.

jw

Well said.

jw

You just gave Dwight some much needed KoolAid.

jw

I totally agree. Yet, it is a two way street. Do we want to morph into what the rest of the league has become? Or do we handle our douchebage fans ourselves and still keep our unique old school passion.

I know, I've been working at it for months but I can't quite reach it.

So if somebody did it to your lawn, you'd be pissed. But it's a joke for anybody else to be pissed because it was done to somebody else's lawn?

The joke is the overreaction from the media/fanbase. That is what I am taking issue with.

From some of the reaction here, you would think there was a burning cross on his front lawn and his kids were being held hostage.

McKelvin made a mistake.....he's a nice and talented kid and I hope he runs back 3 TDs next week. However....in the Real World before Twitter and all this other BS, this would not even be a story and you wouldn't have a clue. This stuff has gone on for ages....by Kawika having to scoop it to the world, he is only inviting more attention seekers to see if they can top this.

I totally agree. Yet, it is a two way street. Do we want to morph into what the rest of the league has become? Or do we handle our douchebage fans ourselves and still keep our unique old school passion.

be yourself. do what you think's right. isn't that what makes Buffalo unique? or is it still how this town is judged by others that makes it tick?

hey, just asking.

jw

The bigger question is how can we communicate to Leodis that there are THOUSANDS of Bills fans that realize it's a game and support him completely?

For what it's worth the option I came up with was and email to Chris Brown asking him to convey my apologies for those real numbnuts and let the kid know that he's OK by me.

Deerball actually has a good idea! :w00t:

Morely likely a couple of middle aged guys with fat wives who beat them down on a daily basis and kids who hate them. It was their chance to go on a beer muscle power trip. Nice job dip sh-ts, your parents would be proud.

...and their fat and psychopathic wives would thrash them within inches of their lives!

So the Perp/Perps want to paint....when caught make them repaint every piece of playground equipment at public parks in Hamburg...

:wallbash:

We all just have to wait a couple of days to let this whole thing play out. Anybody dumb enough to do sh-t like this likely bragged about it to all their retarded friends. Now that the national media picked this up, you better believe resolving this will be job one for the the local police. The cops will be knocking on your door soon dumb ass....enjoy.

That's the sick part. Somebody probably thinks this is funny. ;)

Lynch....hits a girl with his car and speeds off, gets arrested with contraband firearm and drugs in the car

Hardy...hits his girlfriend while holding his infant son, pulls out a gun while confronting his father

Whitner, Parrish, Simpson, Hargrove....all arrested for various violence and alcohol induced tirades.

This in the course of a little over 12 months.....

But some yuppie kid who was decent enough to voice his displeasure on a renewable canvas without vulgarity is what pushes the fanbase over the edge when it comes to the image of the city and it's people.

You're wrong about the vulgarity. Here's the difference as I see it. Those situations weren't perpetrated by fans. There's been A LOT of chatter about those situations with the players here and so I can reasonably assume that the fanbase is angry about all of those things. This was done by a fan to a player. Those other things were done to others in the player's personal lives and not against any fans. That doesn't make it right by a longshot but the players personal lives aren't in the control of the fans. What is in control of the fans is their civility.

You have to remember these guys have a lot to worry about from strangers. That's why a lot of them have hired bodyguards for when they go out. If it were me I wouldn't be taking it lightly. This could very well have been done by someone who lost a big bet on the game and is angry. Next time it might not just be painting on the lawn.

The person who did this is obviously disturbed. Are they disturbed enough to turn to physical violence? Probably not, but you or I or anyone cannot tell Leodis they definitely aren't going to take it to the next level.

I appreciate the class you show by actually admitting you agree with me.

The guy who did this is an idiot, and if I see someone doing that to my lawn....I scare the kid to death....but for anyone to be shocked or outraged by this is a joke.

IMO, it's a joke not to care about it.

I am really, really hoping the obscenity on Leo's lawn wasn't a racial slur. This situation is bad enough as it is.

I was thinking the same thing. BS had a little problem with that while he was here, IIRC.