Leodis McKelvin's property vandalized

Simon

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No class Bills fans vandalizing a players personal home...makes me ashamed to be a Bills fan at times.

The guy is a good young talent and players are human and make mistakes, there is no reason on this earth as to why a decent person would even think about doing something like this to a players home.

I'd think Leodis feels bad enough about that game, and how much it meant to the team.

Now that this incident made the NFL network and all the sports pages it really gives all Bills fans a black eye.

It was spray paint on grass specifically applied by someone who specifically went out of their way to target someone they didn't know but were apparently very upset with.

That's what makes it kind-of scary. The act itself may not be significant; the attitude behind it has something of a "rabbit in the stewpot" color to it.

Wow... I missed all the fun the last couple days!

What kinda bubble do you live in?

:beer:

Maybe those dolt teens should have painted the grass on the parkway between the sidewalk and street... Technically, that is not an owner's property. :beer::)

Scary??? Try living in the real world...

:lol:

God love TO!:

While McKelvin said early Wednesday afternoon he didn’t want anyone arrested for what happened, receiver Terrell Owens(notes) had a far more defiant reaction.

“Once we make it to the playoffs, tell them to do his lawn again,” Owens said. “You just attribute that to ignorance.”

Thank you TO... You truly get it!

Unfortunately... Mitchell needs to take a valium:

Linebacker Kawika Mitchell(notes) had guessed that the vandalism was caused by “a bunch of kids,” but still noted how NFL players are concerned about their security after Redskins safety Sean Taylor(notes) died of a gunshot wound following a botched burglary attempt in November 2007 at his Miami-area home.

“It’s extremely dangerous when someone is going to come to your house and do anything that’s going to affect you,” Mitchell said.

Then there is this guy:

Harry Kozlowski, a season-ticket holder from New Hampshire, has suggested fans sign a giant card apologizing to McKelvin and deliver it to the Bills.

“The McKelvin incident is unfortunate because it tarnishes all Bills fans,” Kozlowski said. “Football fans forget that players are human beings. Ruining a player’s lawn is not going to help him play better. … A show of support would do wonders for a guy who already has the weight of letting his teammates down on his shoulders.”

WTF??

:censored::wallbash:

Maybe they should get the whole military to sign a card for Abu Ghraib... This is just unbelieveable what dolts we have all become in this country.

God love TO!:

While McKelvin said early Wednesday afternoon he didn’t want anyone arrested for what happened, receiver Terrell Owens(notes) had a far more defiant reaction.

“Once we make it to the playoffs, tell them to do his lawn again,” Owens said. “You just attribute that to ignorance.”

Thank you TO... You truly get it!

Unfortunately... Mitchell needs to take a valium:

Linebacker Kawika Mitchell(notes) had guessed that the vandalism was caused by “a bunch of kids,” but still noted how NFL players are concerned about their security after Redskins safety Sean Taylor(notes) died of a gunshot wound following a botched burglary attempt in November 2007 at his Miami-area home.

“It’s extremely dangerous when someone is going to come to your house and do anything that’s going to affect you,” Mitchell said.

Then there is this guy:

Harry Kozlowski, a season-ticket holder from New Hampshire, has suggested fans sign a giant card apologizing to McKelvin and deliver it to the Bills.

WTF??

:wallbash::wallbash:

Maybe they should get the whole military to sign a card for Abu Ghraib... This is just unbelieveable what dolts we have all become in this country.

Right on with everything you said. :censored:

By the way what do you expect from that fan? He's from New England

Then there is this guy:

“The McKelvin incident is unfortunate because it tarnishes all Bills fans,” Kozlowski said. “Football fans forget that players are human beings. Ruining a player’s lawn is not going to help him play better. … A show of support would do wonders for a guy who already has the weight of letting his teammates down on his shoulders.”

WTF??

:censored::wallbash:

Judging by the reaction I've heard from my non-Bills-fan friends around the country, the highlighted statement is entirely correct, and I'm getting tired of insisting to them that we're not all like that.

P.S.: "That fan" -- a member of this board -- is not from New England, although he currently lives there.

Judging by the reaction I've heard from my non-Bills-fan friends around the country, the highlighted statement is entirely correct, and I'm getting tired of insisting to them that we're not all like that.

P.S.: "That fan" -- a member of this board -- is not from New England, although he currently lives there.

Who cares? What are they going to do, move the franchise.

Why should you insist that that we are not like that? :censored::wallbash:

If they (other fans) don't get it, they are just piling on.

Again... I don't condone the act and if McKelvin wants to file charges, then more power to him. I totally agree with what TO said on the matter... Again, Mitchell who started all this... Needs to take a Valium.

Like Gordio said: "We are going soft." Ya, the acts get old or whatever. Like I said, mumerous times... This isn't like "leaving the lights on throughout Green Bay after a win." I just can't believe people are taking this misguided passion by children who were 10 the last time the Bills beat the Pats* (and probably cheated against after gettinf Milloy days earlier).

Having lived in Miami for 10 years and having dealt with multiple associates in New York, Washington, Dallas, etc.... the rest of the country looks at Buffalo as a city where there is nothing to do and the average person is an overweight, undereducated bozo who clings to nostalgia and elevates seemingly meaningless events and activities to high priority because there is nothing real to do or worry about.

I hate it when those clowns are proven right.

I can hear the office now.....a Bills fan in the midst of Dolphin, Steelers, Bucs, Cowboy, Jets, Giants and Redskin fans......

"Hey...really....what do you guys do in Buffalo? Buffalo....Bills....Bowling....Big Women.....Beer....Bratwurst...."

McKelvin has handled this with class. He got pissed that someone came over and did that at first....then laughed it off because he knew he goofed and it was sort of correct....then when it was confirmed it was just a few kids doing something stupid....he didn't want anyone to get in trouble. Good for you Leodis.....you made a new fan out of me.

That is what should have happened without exposing the situation. Mitchell looks like the clown for having to put this out there. Hell....Owens is a media whore and didn't say a thing at first...he gets it. "Do the lawn again when we're in the playoffs." That's the right attitude. These guys are pimped in the media 24/7...some continuing to put themselves out there unneccessarily on Twitter, reality tv, etc.....in the day and age where it is all about People getting attention, and being discovered, and having a youtube video go viral. I'm amazed these kids didn't videotape themselves doing it and then put it on Youtube. That would be par for the course.

I am sure this story will be a non-issue in a few days, but it is just such a trumped up issue that I can't tell if the fans have a chip on their shoulders or have really lost all discernment whatsoever. I would hate to see the reaction if some members of the Cal band went into the Stanford campus and took the Mascot outfit the weekend of the game. Holy Hell....breaking and entering...tresspassing....I'd shoot that 5 foot Asian trombone player right between the F'n eyes if I caught him doing that.

Having lived in Miami for 10 years and having dealt with multiple associates in New York, Washington, Dallas, etc.... the rest of the country looks at Buffalo as a city where there is nothing to do and the average person is an overweight, undereducated bozo who clings to nostalgia and elevates seemingly meaningless events and activities to high priority because there is nothing real to do or worry about.

I hate it when those clowns are proven right.

I can hear the office now.....a Bills fan in the midst of Dolphin, Steelers, Bucs, Cowboy, Jets, Giants and Redskin fans......

"Hey...really....what do you guys do in Buffalo? Buffalo....Bills....Bowling....Big Women.....Beer....Bratwurst...."

McKelvin has handled this with class. He got pissed that someone came over and did that at first....then laughed it off because he knew he goofed and it was sort of correct....then when it was confirmed it was just a few kids doing something stupid....he didn't want anyone to get in trouble. Good for you Leodis.....you made a new fan out of me.

That is what should have happened without exposing the situation. Mitchell looks like the clown for having to put this out there. Hell....Owens is a media whore and didn't say a thing at first...he gets it. "Do the lawn again when we're in the playoffs." That's the right attitude. These guys are pimped in the media 24/7...some continuing to put themselves out there unneccessarily on Twitter, reality tv, etc.....in the day and age where it is all about People getting attention, and being discovered, and having a youtube video go viral. I'm amazed these kids didn't videotape themselves doing it and then put it on Youtube. That would be par for the course.

I am sure this story will be a non-issue in a few days, but it is just such a trumped up issue that I can't tell if the fans have a chip on their shoulders or have really lost all discernment whatsoever. I would hate to see the reaction if some members of the Cal band went into the Stanford campus and took the Mascot outfit the weekend of the game. Holy Hell....breaking and entering...tresspassing....I'd shoot that 5 foot Asian trombone player right between the F'n eyes if I caught him doing that.

Bingo!

Even my overweight, undereducated co-workers in Chicago think the same thing you posted in the first paragraph... GO FIGURE!

Same thing with the neighbors north of the border (Wisconsin)...

:censored:

sure, it's possible the media would not have known about this without Kawika's tweet. though it's also possible that this would've have gotten out any way through another source.

that said, i think this episode has brought out several positives:

-- McKelvin is a good egg and gets it.

-- though initially tarnished, Bills fans I think have rallied well in denouncing what happened ... well, most of you :censored:

-- and i think this might actually serve as a lesson -- a brief one perhaps -- to any other teen knuckleheads, who might think they can get away with something like this.

kept this board busy, too.

jw

Guest dog14787
sure, it's possible the media would not have known about this without Kawika's tweet. though it's also possible that this would've have gotten out any way through another source.

-- though initially tarnished, Bills fans I think have rallied well in denouncing what happened ... well, most of you :censored:

-- and i think this might actually serve as a lesson -- a brief one perhaps -- to any other teen knuckleheads, who might think they can get away with something like this.

jw

Speaking off eggs, not giving out tricks or treats on halloween can get allot nastier sometimes. :wallbash:

(not to mention toilet paper)

jw

I agree that McKelvin has showed some class and modesty

I for one have seen ZERO SUPPORT FOR THE ACT ITSELF. Almost everyone agrees it is wrong and childish. The majority of contrarian opinion has more to do with the fact that the act on it's own was not the world-ending calamity that many here seemed to make it out to be. Smart money was on it being kids doing a prank. Over-reactive money had it being an Ex- Navy Seal who was part of the KKK and was hiding in the bushes on 20-A with a rifle and scope, waiting for McKelvin to pass by in his SUV from practice on Wednesday.

On your last point.....it looks like the NFLPA Union got to McKelvin today. McKelvin wanted nothing to do with charging the kids yesterday and brushed it off as some dopey kids. George Wilson on the other hand was on record making it out to be a big deal....and all of a sudden today we hear McKelvin went in to file a report and press charges. I would ask McKelvin if he received any pressure from Wilson or other Union Members to file charges.

Guest dog14787
I agree that McKelvin has showed some class and modesty

I for one have seen ZERO SUPPORT FOR THE ACT ITSELF. Almost everyone agrees it is wrong and childish. The majority of contrarian opinion has more to do with the fact that the act on it's own was not the world-ending calamity that many here seemed to make it out to be. Smart money was on it being kids doing a prank. Over-reactive money had it being an Ex- Navy Seal who was part of the KKK and was hiding in the bushes on 20-A with a rifle and scope, waiting for McKelvin to pass by in his SUV from practice on Wednesday.

On your last point.....it looks like the NFLPA Union got to McKelvin today. McKelvin wanted nothing to do with charging the kids yesterday and brushed it off as some dopey kids. George Wilson on the other hand was on record making it out to be a big deal....and all of a sudden today we hear McKelvin went in to file a report and press charges. I would ask McKelvin if he received any pressure from Wilson or other Union Members to file charges.

Leodis Mckelvin is a good guy, no doubt about it, and maybe all of this turned out to be a good thing because folks really jumped to defend McKelvin.

So now it's being said that McKelvin has decided to press charges after all. It's beeing tweeted and I just read an online article. However the Buffalo News says it's the DA who may press charges.

This thing needs to die one way or another...the last thing needed is a distraction like this. I wonder if Leodis tried to file an insurance claim and his company required him to go after the little bastards... or, perhaps the Buffalo News is right and the NFL beat reporters jumped the gun,

So now it's being said that McKelvin has decided to press charges after all. It's beeing tweeted and I just read an online article. However the Buffalo News says it's the DA who may press charges.

This thing needs to die one way or another...the last thing needed is a distraction like this. I wonder if Leodis tried to file an insurance claim and his company required him to go after the little bastards... or, perhaps the Buffalo News is right and the NFL beat reporters jumped the gun,

If the cops filed a report with the DA it may be out of McKelvin's hands. Would be sad if the DA takes the situation this far .... unless the parents are being stupid enough to ask for it.

If the cops filed a report with the DA it may be out of McKelvin's hands. Would be sad if the DA taskes this far .... unless the parents are being stupid enough to ask for it.

I know but it's pissing me off that Sal M and all these other NFL "news" outlets are now spreading the word that Leodis flip-flopped. I tweeted back to them with the link to the Buff News article, but heaven forbid they check it out. One of them stated "gee I talked to Leodis and he said he wouldn't press charges but now he is", which is tantamount to calling the guy a liar, the way it was written.

Media. There is a special place in hell for some of them...(and it's called PPP :censored: )

I know but it's pissing me off that Sal M and all these other NFL "news" outlets are now spreading the word that Leodis flip-flopped. I tweeted back to them with the link to the Buff News article, but heaven forbid they check it out. One of them stated "gee I talked to Leodis and he said he wouldn't press charges but now he is", which is tantamount to calling the guy a liar, the way it was written.

Media. There is a special place in hell for some of them...(and it's called PPP :censored: )

Is it possible there is more to the story? Maybe there was more than just spray paint on the lawn.