I'm not sure about you guys, but watching Fred Jackson last night

SDS

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

looked an awful lot like Thurman Thomas last night. Catching those screens, the patient running, the sliding through the holes on off-tackle runs...

Anyone else get that impression?

That's exactly what I thought, watching the game.

I got more of an impression that the Pats Dline is not very good.

If there is one thing from last night, I loved the Bills' line play, outside of the penalties.

this was more of a style observation, but clearly the production needed to be there in order to observe the style.

looked an awful lot like Thurman Thomas last night. Catching those screens, the patient running, the sliding through the holes on off-tackle runs...

Honestly I think it was the pay calling. Running the screens, draw plays, hitting receivers in stride. It was fun to watch...

I would seriously try to trade Lynch

I wouldn't, you need two good backs but I think Jackson deserves to be labeled the starter....not that it really matters though because they both will get their touches this year. And I couldn't agree more with SDS, Freddy reminds me a ton of Thurman. :thumbsup:

The plays they were running, sure. Style-wise not so much. On the other hand, some of Xavier Omon's runs that I've seen (more so in the preseason) you'd swear it was Thurman; getting sideways to slide through a crease, then using the old sideways-shuffle crabwalk type of cutback. It's definitely not the McGahee happy-feet dance, he's still moving forward while doing it, but at a 45-degree angle.

Stylewise, Jackson is more of a strider/glider. Reminds me more of an Eric Dickerson type style.

Honestly I think it was the pay calling. Running the screens, draw plays, hitting receivers in stride. It was fun to watch...

Well, yes - I alluded to that. It was the play-calling coupled with his style of running. About the only thing he doesn't do is make himself into that little ball like TT did when going through a small hole.

We've had a lot of back come through here since TT left and FJ is the one who most closely resembles him and last night was a very Thurmanesque night.

Lynch is a nice back who tries really, really hard. However, I'm not sure his results are commensurate with the effort.

I'm going to reserve judgement until I see what he does with the kind of blocking FreeJack got tonight. Lynch had, what, 1100 yards last year? And 1200 yards after first contact...

Lynch is a nice back who tries really, really hard. However, I'm not sure his results are commensurate with the effort.

Jackson was the better RB last year too. Lynch gives his entire heart and body to his every run but for such a strong guy, he dances behind the line too much. They will make a good 1-2 punch. I hope #1 is Jackson.

I've said it before: Fred Jackson is the best back on this roster.

agree completely....... and i have also stated it here before.

the bills would have to be crazy to give lynch the starting job back if freddy does this again in 1 of the next 2 games.

either use lynch exclusively as a short yardage back or trade him.

freddy has done nothing but contribute when he has gotten the chance. he doesnt dance around in the backfield, he hits the hole or makes his own IMMEDIATELY unlike lynch.

he also has way better hands, and as soon as he catches the ball he turns upfield which is why he seems to gain 8-10 yards every catch.

way better overall back from what i've seen of him.