Ugh...another classic Dick quote

Heels20X6

On playing the Patriots...

"It's not going to be easy, there's no doubt about that," Buffalo coach Dick Jauron said, "so there's a lot of worry."

http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/story/?id=291087

Just oozes of confidence doesn't it...?

Now compare that quote to what his own players like TO and Freddie say...

For once, just once, I'd like this skeleton to say something like: "The odds are stacked against us, but I believe in this team, we're going to surprise people." Even if its not true, at least inspire the team and the fans for freakin' sake!!!

"It's not going to be easy, there's no doubt about that," Buffalo coach Dick Jauron said, "so there's a lot of worry."

For once, just once, I'd like this skeleton to say something like: "The odds are stacked against us, but I believe in this team, we're going to surprise people." Even if its not true, at least inspire the team and the fans for freakin' sake!!!

SO glad Ralph extended this guy. Further proof that our "hall of fame" owner is an idiot.

Did you read any of the hoodie's comments? He's making us out to be an elite team. No coach says anything to the press that he will say in the locker room.

Good point. It's like some of us around here have just fallen off the proverbial football turnip truck.

GO BILLS!!!

Actually, that's an extremely honest and fair assessment. Jauron's a straight shooter. Say what you want about his coaching record and ability but his players respect and play hard for him. Your trying to stir up the pot and should look elsewhere besides a pregame quote.

Actually, that's an extremely honest and fair assessment. Jauron's a straight shooter. Say what you want about his coaching record and ability but his players respect and play hard for him. Your trying to stir up the pot and should look elsewhere besides a pregame quote.

Would you like me to bring up his coaching record instead? He sure is a swell fella, but I like my coaches to achieve this rare thing called WINNING.

You think Rex Ryan comes out before yesterday's game and says: "Well, we got a rookie QB and Houston has a fierce front four, golly gee willickers I'm kinda scared about today!"

Straight shooter or not, it's LOSER TALK. And after three years of this moron, I'm sick of it.

Would you like me to bring up his coaching record instead? He sure is a swell fella, but I like my coaches to achieve this rare thing called WINNING.

You think Rex Ryan comes out before yesterday's game and says: "Well, we got a rookie QB and Houston has a fierce front four, golly gee willickers I'm kinda scared about today!"

Straight shooter or not, it's LOSER TALK. And after three years of this moron, I'm sick of it.

Would you feel better if he said beating the Patriots would be easy, only to get waxed. He'd lose the little credability he has left with the media.

Would you feel better if he said beating the Patriots would be easy, only to get waxed. He'd lose the little credability he has left with the media.

If you read the end of my post, I stated it would be nice if he came out and said: "yes, the odds are stacked against us, but I believe in this team and I believe we can get it done." You think Vince Lombardi ever told the media he was worried about his opponent. It's a show of weakness.

Did you read any of the hoodie's comments? He's making us out to be an elite team. No coach says anything to the press that he will say in the locker room.

Yeah if you listen to hoodie* for the past several years you would think the Bills have been and continue to be an elite team. He says nothing but glowing things about Buffalo knowing that he has 2 automatic W-s every year that Jauron coaches against him.

Football is a game of emotion, and our coach has none.... to me that kind of says it all. The guy has no intensity and his teams play that way.

I beg to differ. While I am not a DJ supporter, the team plays hard for him. They often play hard enough to win but DJ snatches the L from the jaws of victory. See last year's 2nd Jets game, Clowns game, and Whiners games as classic examples.

I look for our guys to play hard tonight. If they get a good game plan and DJ doesn't make idiotic decisions like trying a fake field goal with us up 6 in the 2nd half we might even win.

And here is Dick afterwards if the Bills somehow pull off the upset.

"I am extremely shocked that we were able to win this game, it's so hard to win in this league, but then for us to beat NE? wow, that was just downright unthinkable".

Classic Jauron. He'll be rolling steel balls on the sidelines like Captain Queeg.

I'm trying to picture Jauron bitching about strawberries..."that's where I had them. They laughed at me and made jokes but I proved beyond the shadow of a doubt that a duplicate key to the locker room refrigerator DID exist!"

He'd just never show that much emotion.

I'm trying to picture Jauron bitching about strawberries..."that's where I had them. They laughed at me and made jokes but I proved beyond the shadow of a doubt that a duplicate key to the locker room refrigerator DID exist!"

He'd just never show that much emotion.

Beat me to the strawberry bit. Maybe it was Schonert that had the key made

I don't bother criticizing a coach's style, only his results. Just as Marv Levy said when he hired Jauron, you can win with all types of personalities. You can with with a Cowher or a Dungy; Lombardi or Landry. That being said, Jauron simply hasn't won. That's the problem.

I beg to differ. While I am not a DJ supporter, the team plays hard for him. They often play hard enough to win but DJ snatches the L from the jaws of victory. See last year's 2nd Jets game, Clowns game, and Whiners games as classic examples.

I look for our guys to play hard tonight. If they get a good game plan and DJ doesn't make idiotic decisions like trying a fake field goal with us up 6 in the 2nd half we might even win.

That's the biggest myth ever. The Bills players do not play hard for him. When the season was on the line they collapsed in 2007 and in 2008. I know it's been a long time for Bills fans, but thats the opposite of what playing hard looks like.

Bottom line: the coach needs coaching. I work with CEOs and senior managers coaching them on what to say to the media, typically in preparation for or response to a crisis. Guess what? Football is entertainment, but when you are facing the next opponent that is ready to humiliate you and beat you by 60 points, that's a crisis. Same rules apply.

Jauron is a nice guy, but I wince everytime he's standing in front of that backdrop with the Bills and sponsor logos and open his mouth to speak. If I had two hours with the guy, and about two minutes before each media session, I could fix him. Not his coaching, but he'd be a lot smoother with the media.

I'm no Belicheat fan, but someone in that organization had the insight to hire a media coach for him and his staff. First, that lockdown they have on players talking about anything isn't by chance, and it isn't BB. It's an organization-wide policy. Second, BB always sounds like the other team is going to destroy him because he's had training. However, in the midst of his, "Well, they are well-coached and present a challenge" riff, you get the feeling in the pit of your gut that he's really telling you he's going to rip your insides out and feed them to you.

Jauron's hokey, aw-shucks, brutally-honest "It's going to be very difficult" material is NOT the image a team wants to convey. If he's being himself, then he needs to be coached to change that persona. Last Thursday, did you hear the response Mike Tomlin and any Steeler gave when asked having something to prove as returning champs? To a man, they said, "That was last year. This year, we need to win games." Same with the Terrible Towel incident. Last year.

If the Bills were smart, their head coach would be saying, "The pre-season is the pre-season. We're ready for the Pats, the guys are fired up, and we're going to make sure we execute." None of this "we need to get better fast" tripe.

Get me Brandon's e-mail and I'll take care of this mess.

Mike Quinn

mike@strategiQbrand.com

45-year Bills fan

GO BILLS!

That's the biggest myth ever. The Bills players do not play hard for him. When the season was on the line they collapsed in 2007 and in 2008. I know it's been a long time for Bills fans, but thats the opposite of what playing hard looks like.

Everyone has a right to their opinion. I just disagree. Who wasn't playing hard in the 2nd Jets game last year? Or the Clowns game? Or the Patsies* Wind Bowl game?

I think we could have a winning team if we let Dick prepare the guys all week and then had someone with a little football sense making the in-game decisions.