Jason Peters

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The Eagles had 267 yards of offense. Delhomme handed the Eagles that game on a silver platter.

The Eagles were up 31-10 at halftime and 38-10 halfway through the third. The offense was on maintenance mode the entire second half (plus Kevin Kolb was playing). The yardage stat isn't indicative of anything.

I predicted that all of the guys who trashed Peters would post these types of responses when people pointed out that he was playing well for the Eagles.

Very impressive, so tell me Swamee, should I ask that dark haired girl I met at the blues fest for a date? I lost my eight ball so...

Watch Peters work in his 1st game with the Eagles (they are McNabb highlights).

I think he looked damn good, especially on the Westbrook (long) run and his touchdown run...watch his blocking, he does not give up. I also think, in those limited highlights, his footwork and use of hands, is awesome. The guy is a stud and belonged at the Pro-Bowl...and in my opinion, deserved to be paid as a Top/Elite LT of the game.

On the 1st play(.06), he blocks his guy, pushes the other, and allows McNabb to buy some time for Jason Avant.

Second play (.20), he is not involved. But, he is ready and he moves. Third play (.30), he maintains his block.

Watch the play at .47 seconds. He gets his initial block, then seals off to take on another rusher. A+ on technique.

Again, on the play at 1:00, he drops back and pushes his guy out of the pocket/play...allowing McNabb to run. A+

NOW...the play at 1:14, he gets his block, McNabb throws the INT to Beason, Peters could not have stopped that by blocking him. Had Peters blocked Beason, he would have gotten an "Ineligible Receiver Downfield" penalty. But, he sees the play happen, relentlessly tracks down Beason (a fast LB), and ends up making the tackle. FRICKIN' A FRICKIN' +!

McNabb's TD run at 1:48, Peters takes his guy out of the play with a solid block. It was not HIS fault McNabb got hurt.

* And when Julius Peppers got his sack, he was on the right side...so it was not on Jason Peters.

Folks, I am sorry, but he looked very good. I know it is only 1 game, but he is an Elite Left Tackle...and we let him slip away. We should have treated him better and just paid the guy. We had the money, and a YOUNG "Franchise" Quarterback, who is fragile. If we kept him AND still did what we have done with the Offensive Line, we would be solid.

I have always been a fan of his, I wanted the Bills to get him coming out of Arkansas and I have said this long before now. I don't like the things he has said up to now, but I still want to see him succeed. I would compare the situation and my feelings about it, with the Mike Peca situation. I know many people hate the guy, but just admit he is good.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009091302/2...thers#tab:watch

***There are a few videos of """EEELITE""" Left Tackles who didn't look so good on Sunday.

OK so you wanted an over-weight TE? Interesting

You are really wrong on this one.

Moss has certainly not behaved like the 'me first' player he was prior to New England. Once he arrived, his antics were over.

You failed to address the Samuel situation, and what about Ty Law? That got ugly, and New England would have none of it.

There are way more examples of my point in New England's structure than your argument. Law, Samuel, Gay, Seau, now Seymour, Milloy, Bledsoe, etc.

Now, you may look at some of these names and scoff that age was a factor. Could be a contributing factor, but Samuel, Gay and Law were top performers at their positions with the team and league as a whole. The Patriots have a model, and refused to overpay.

The only point where you may have some validity is the comparison to the positional equivalent of LT Matt Light.

One a separate note- I know it's a business, but Peters went undrafted and was signed by the Bills as a project. The Bills reached and took a chance on him when no one else would, yet there is no loyalty or consideration of team. That doofus McGahee was the same way. He was (still is) extremely damaged goods coming out of college. The Bills believed enough in him to take a chance on the baffoon. A couple seasons in, he is bad-mouthing the team, city, etc. Good riddance to him, but whatever happened to loyalty or a simple 'thanks'?

I can remember one of the last real players of the league, waiting until the 2nd round to get drafted by the Bills, and then used that fury against the rest of the league on game day.

Oh Thurman, I wish we could have more players like ya...

Actually, everything that I posted is 100% accurate, so unless "wrong" is synonimous with "accurate", I cannot acquiese. The Patriots did indeed extend Matt Light's contract, and they did trade for Randy Moss.

You must be confused about something, because in response to my Randy Moss point, you said this:

Moss has certainly not behaved like the 'me first' player he was prior to New England. Once he arrived, his antics were over.

Ummm, dude, how is that any different than Peters' situation? Peters held out in Buffalo, nowhere near the type of "me-first antics" that Moss pulled in Minnesota or Oakland--getting arrested repeatedly, admitting to the use drugs during the off-season, leaving the field before the end of a game, etc. Then Peters was traded to Philadelphia, and what "antics" has he pulled there? Unlike Moss, who continued to act like a "me-first" player after being traded once (for two first round picks I might add) and forcing a second trade, Peters hasn't done anything wrong with the Eagles. New England also gave Moss a new deal as soon as they traded for him (making him the top paid WR in the NFL, by the way). So I supposed, in short, your response is completely aligned with my statement that New England would indeed pay a "me-first" player top dollar. In other words, you are really wrong on this one.

In regard to how many more examples from New England support your argument, name one that involves an offensive lineman...go ahead...I'm waiting...time's up. You won't find any, because they (apparently) feel that the game starts up front, and so they are pro-active in signing their o-linemen to extensions. The guys you list are all players over the age of 30, and most of them are DBs (for the record, none of Bledsoe, Seau, Gay, or Milloy EVER held out, so bringing them up to support your assertion that they only pay "team-first" guys is completely misplaced). To say that Buffalo is modeling themselves after New England by not signing Peters is a desperate attempt to justify not signing a 27-year old premier LT.

The point about loyalty is kind of crazy. It's not like the team took a big chance on him, they gave him a standard UDFA contract with a minimal signing bonus ($25k). Peters said "thanks" to the Bills by performing. As to your item about "no semblance of team", how about paying your elite players? I bet that would make other guys on the team want to play to the best of their abilities too, don't you think? In America, this is referred to as incentivism, and it's what makes any business model work.

So while you agree that my Matt Light point is accurate (and you'll surely agree on the Moss point after re-considering the facts and their total similarity to the situation with Peters), I cannot do the same for your post. I don't see a single valid point, other than that I wish Buffalo had more players as talented as Thurman Thomas. Then again, I guess those guys would just get dubbed "me-first" players when they wanted more money. Pop quiz: how many consecutive training camps did Bruce Smith hold out of for more money?

Watching highlights is definitely a balanced approach at evaluating an individual player's performance.

"See! Everytime Philly scored on Sportcenter, Peters didn't do something to eff it up!!!! I wish he were back in Buffalo." :thumbsup:

So glad you brought up New England, considering that they gave their young LT, Matt Light, a 5-year extension with 2 years left on his rookie deal. Yes, Buffalo gave Peters a new contract in 2006, but he switched positions (from RT to LT) and made 2 pro bowls since then. When Light made his first pro bowl (2007), the Patriots renegotiated his contract (again).

Also, regarding the Patriots not paying "me-first" players, I've got two words for you: Randy Moss.

You're right, maybe Buffalo should start behaving more like New England.

Lee Evans Marcus Stroud

Actually, everything that I posted is 100% accurate, so unless "wrong" is synonimous with "accurate", I cannot acquiese. The Patriots did indeed extend Matt Light's contract, and they did trade for Randy Moss.

You must be confused about something, because in response to my Randy Moss point, you said this:

Ummm, dude, how is that any different than Peters' situation? Peters held out in Buffalo, nowhere near the type of "me-first antics" that Moss pulled in Minnesota or Oakland--getting arrested repeatedly, admitting to the use drugs during the off-season, leaving the field before the end of a game, etc. Then Peters was traded to Philadelphia, and what "antics" has he pulled there? Unlike Moss, who continued to act like a "me-first" player after being traded once (for two first round picks I might add) and forcing a second trade, Peters hasn't done anything wrong with the Eagles. New England also gave Moss a new deal as soon as they traded for him (making him the top paid WR in the NFL, by the way). So I supposed, in short, your response is completely aligned with my statement that New England would indeed pay a "me-first" player top dollar. In other words, you are really wrong on this one.

In regard to how many more examples from New England support your argument, name one that involves an offensive lineman...go ahead...I'm waiting...time's up. You won't find any, because they (apparently) feel that the game starts up front, and so they are pro-active in signing their o-linemen to extensions. The guys you list are all players over the age of 30, and most of them are DBs (for the record, none of Bledsoe, Seau, Gay, or Milloy EVER held out, so bringing them up to support your assertion that they only pay "team-first" guys is completely misplaced). To say that Buffalo is modeling themselves after New England by not signing Peters is a desperate attempt to justify not signing a 27-year old premier LT.

The point about loyalty is kind of crazy. It's not like the team took a big chance on him, they gave him a standard UDFA contract with a minimal signing bonus ($25k). Peters said "thanks" to the Bills by performing. As to your item about "no semblance of team", how about paying your elite players? I bet that would make other guys on the team want to play to the best of their abilities too, don't you think? In America, this is referred to as incentivism, and it's what makes any business model work.

So while you agree that my Matt Light point is accurate (and you'll surely agree on the Moss point after re-considering the facts and their total similarity to the situation with Peters), I cannot do the same for your post. I don't see a single valid point, other than that I wish Buffalo had more players as talented as Thurman Thomas. Then again, I guess those guys would just get dubbed "me-first" players when they wanted more money. Pop quiz: how many consecutive training camps did Bruce Smith hold out of for more money?

no they didn't he became a free agent and resigned with the team do you people actually know anything or do you just make sh*t up as you go

Is either of them in the top 5 in the league at their position?
I am saying they got paid and now that Evans has TO he will be. Don't take what I said out of context to try and make your invalid point they both did their jobs and didn't hold out, and Evans is certainly paid like a top 5

move on for fuque's sake...

Watch Peters work in his 1st game with the Eagles (they are McNabb highlights).

I think he looked damn good, especially on the Westbrook (long) run and his touchdown run...watch his blocking, he does not give up. I also think, in those limited highlights, his footwork and use of hands, is awesome. The guy is a stud and belonged at the Pro-Bowl...and in my opinion, deserved to be paid as a Top/Elite LT of the game.

On the 1st play(.06), he blocks his guy, pushes the other, and allows McNabb to buy some time for Jason Avant.

Second play (.20), he is not involved. But, he is ready and he moves. Third play (.30), he maintains his block.

Watch the play at .47 seconds. He gets his initial block, then seals off to take on another rusher. A+ on technique.

Again, on the play at 1:00, he drops back and pushes his guy out of the pocket/play...allowing McNabb to run. A+

NOW...the play at 1:14, he gets his block, McNabb throws the INT to Beason, Peters could not have stopped that by blocking him. Had Peters blocked Beason, he would have gotten an "Ineligible Receiver Downfield" penalty. But, he sees the play happen, relentlessly tracks down Beason (a fast LB), and ends up making the tackle. FRICKIN' A FRICKIN' +!

McNabb's TD run at 1:48, Peters takes his guy out of the play with a solid block. It was not HIS fault McNabb got hurt.

* And when Julius Peppers got his sack, he was on the right side...so it was not on Jason Peters.

Folks, I am sorry, but he looked very good. I know it is only 1 game, but he is an Elite Left Tackle...and we let him slip away. We should have treated him better and just paid the guy. We had the money, and a YOUNG "Franchise" Quarterback, who is fragile. If we kept him AND still did what we have done with the Offensive Line, we would be solid.

I have always been a fan of his, I wanted the Bills to get him coming out of Arkansas and I have said this long before now. I don't like the things he has said up to now, but I still want to see him succeed. I would compare the situation and my feelings about it, with the Mike Peca situation. I know many people hate the guy, but just admit he is good.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009091302/2...thers#tab:watch

***There are a few videos of """EEELITE""" Left Tackles who didn't look so good on Sunday.

no they didn't he became a free agent and resigned with the team do you people actually know anything or do you just make sh*t up as you go

That's hysterical. Since there's 3 players in the post above, and you don't say who you're talking about, I'll assume you meant Light. If so, check your facts because you're completely wrong:

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...Nfl&id=1085

If you're talking about Moss, then...you're still completely wrong. New England traded a 4th rounder to Oakland before the 2007 season and gave Moss a 3-year, $27M deal. Then, they gave him a 3-year extension during this very off-season.

If you're talking about Peters, then...well, you've been in a cave the last 18 months, welcome to the outside world.

I am saying they got paid and now that Evans has TO he will be. Don't take what I said out of context to try and make your invalid point they both did their jobs and didn't hold out, and Evans is certainly paid like a top 5

Funny comment coming from the guy that uses Marcus Stroud and Lee Evans to support the notion that Buffalo follows the same pattern as New England.

Schnooks....

Thanks for taking the time to analize the Eagles game and give us that info....I think the resentment you are seeing from fans is it really does not matter how well he plays now because:

- He was not playing like that for us

- He already said in a article that he was going to play out his contract and bolt (and by play out his contract that means sit out and play just when he had to

- Therefore the bills did the best thing they could.....get something for a player they were going to lose or not play as hard for them and move on

We should do the same

He also had two false starts that were drive killers....

I told my friend who is an Eagles fan when we were watching highlights of Peters making blocks yards down the field that there would be some naive Bills fans on our boards dwelling on his penalties! Typical! That is why he "sucks" so much to the blind fans on this board as they dwell so much on any anegative play he makes and ignore the great blocks that he does make. That is why his peers voted him to the Pro Bowl not naive fans. That is also why we are stuck with a 7th round project at LT who we hope is the real deal.

Now Mike Williams was a poor player; I can see why anyone would bash him. But even he had a point in this link:

http://www.star-telegram.com/cowboys/story/1608752.html

'While he doesn’t make excuses, Williams points out he played for two head coaches and three offensive line coaches in four seasons in Buffalo. "Let’s look at any job," Williams said. "If you continue to change bosses and managers, all of whom have different expectations what they want for you and how you need to perform for them, it’s tough to adjust to. Heck, [the Bills] just fired another offensive coordinator. There are a lot of things I could have done better, but vice versa. It’s was just one of those meshes that didn’t really work."'

Peters could become the greatest LT in NFL history with the Eagles. The fact that he quit on the Bills makes him a worthless piece of garbage to me. You don't reward players who quit on your team. Period. I don't care if he felt underpaid. You do not quit on your team.

PTR

Peters could become the greatest LT in NFL history with the Eagles. The fact that he quit on the Bills makes him a worthless piece of garbage to me. You don't reward players who quit on your team. Period. I don't care if he felt underpaid. You do not quit on your team.

PTR

Let's wait til he plays the Giants and Cowboys before anointing him. They are a bigger test that Peppers, who coasts through games.

There is too much B.S. in response to this post to deal with at this time...

I will just say, I have been a Peters supporter, no I did not want an overweight Tight End...I wanted one HELL OF AN ATHLETIC football player, ya know...the types that win football games and make pro-bowls.

I have always been a Peters supporter and have not bashed him at all.

I like Bell and I support him and the move to start him, I hope he turns out better than Peters.

I am happy I started this post, even if only to see all of you that bash him, in denial. You look at my original post and those highlights, you see he did very good, and you see that I have football knowledge...so please don't bash ME. I was just simply trying to contribute, and MY POST has A LOT more to do with the Buffalo Bills, since Peters is a former Bill...than MANY more posts I have seen started here.

Like someone else said, if all you are gonna do is TRY to insult my football intelligence, B word and complain...DO NOT click on the post and put some worthless schit on here, to make it look like you MIGHT know what you are talking about.

Thank you to those who had the brains to see what I was trying to show you...even if you posted something negative towards Peters, but not me, thank you for your input. Those of you trying to put ME down, don't be jealous that I can see something that you can't...you are just grasping at ANY EXCUSE to put down Jason Peters, because he's not a Bill...and YOU KNOW HE IS A GOOD LEFT TACKLE WE SHOULD HAVE PAID TO KEEP!

2,600 views and 40 responses...I would say I did my part to start a decent discussion...I am happy with it and could care less what you non-educated football fans/bashers/haters have to say.

PTR

A - Phukking-Men! Good riddance and GREAT post. Just wait until two years from now when he wants to renegotiate again. Screw him and the poor horse he rode out on.