Jason Peters

Watch Peters work in his 1st game with the Eagles (they are McNabb highlights).

I think he looked damn good, especially on the Westbrook (long) run and his touchdown run...watch his blocking, he does not give up. I also think, in those limited highlights, his footwork and use of hands, is awesome. The guy is a stud and belonged at the Pro-Bowl...and in my opinion, deserved to be paid as a Top/Elite LT of the game.

On the 1st play(.06), he blocks his guy, pushes the other, and allows McNabb to buy some time for Jason Avant.

Second play (.20), he is not involved. But, he is ready and he moves. Third play (.30), he maintains his block.

Watch the play at .47 seconds. He gets his initial block, then seals off to take on another rusher. A+ on technique.

Again, on the play at 1:00, he drops back and pushes his guy out of the pocket/play...allowing McNabb to run. A+

NOW...the play at 1:14, he gets his block, McNabb throws the INT to Beason, Peters could not have stopped that by blocking him. Had Peters blocked Beason, he would have gotten an "Ineligible Receiver Downfield" penalty. But, he sees the play happen, relentlessly tracks down Beason (a fast LB), and ends up making the tackle. FRICKIN' A FRICKIN' +!

McNabb's TD run at 1:48, Peters takes his guy out of the play with a solid block. It was not HIS fault McNabb got hurt.

* And when Julius Peppers got his sack, he was on the right side...so it was not on Jason Peters.

Folks, I am sorry, but he looked very good. I know it is only 1 game, but he is an Elite Left Tackle...and we let him slip away. We should have treated him better and just paid the guy. We had the money, and a YOUNG "Franchise" Quarterback, who is fragile. If we kept him AND still did what we have done with the Offensive Line, we would be solid.

I have always been a fan of his, I wanted the Bills to get him coming out of Arkansas and I have said this long before now. I don't like the things he has said up to now, but I still want to see him succeed. I would compare the situation and my feelings about it, with the Mike Peca situation. I know many people hate the guy, but just admit he is good.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009091302/2...thers#tab:watch

***There are a few videos of """EEELITE""" Left Tackles who didn't look so good on Sunday.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for starting as useless, overplayed, dead-horse beaten topic...

Peters is god of all NFL LT's....we should all feel blessed to have had his fat, lazy, selfish carcas in Buffalo for a few years.

And yet you weren't there saying that in all the threads which were hating on Peters.

It's too early to judge Peters for the Eagles, either way, but thanks for the analysis, SHNOOKS DA KID.

Thanks for starting as useless, overplayed, dead-horse beaten topic...

Peters is god of all NFL LT's....we should all feel blessed to have had his fat, lazy, selfish carcas in Buffalo for a few years.

Thanks for trying to be a mature football fan/student of the game...and just trying to see my point. prick.

Did I say he was god of LT's...no, but would have helped our options now and made us better for it.

Did I say he even deserved his contract...no I just said the man deserved to get paid for his accomplishments.

Next time, try to show some knowledge or find some facts, before you open your mouth. Thanks. :doh:

I think he looked damn good, especially on the Westbrook (long) run and his touchdown run...watch his blocking, he does not give up. I also think, in those limited highlights, his footwork and use of hands, is awesome. The guy is a stud and belonged at the Pro-Bowl...and in my opinion, deserved to be paid as a Top/Elite LT of the game.

On the 1st play(.06), he blocks his guy, pushes the other, and allows McNabb to buy some time for Jason Avant.

Second play (.20), he is not involved. But, he is ready and he moves. Third play (.30), he maintains his block.

Watch the play at .47 seconds. He gets his initial block, then seals off to take on another rusher. A+ on technique.

Again, on the play at 1:00, he drops back and pushes his guy out of the pocket/play...allowing McNabb to run. A+

NOW...the play at 1:14, he gets his block, McNabb throws the INT to Beason, Peters could not have stopped that by blocking him. Had Peters blocked Beason, he would have gotten an "Ineligible Receiver Downfield" penalty. But, he sees the play happen, relentlessly tracks down Beason (a fast LB), and ends up making the tackle. FRICKIN' A FRICKIN' +!

McNabb's TD run at 1:48, Peters takes his guy out of the play with a solid block. It was not HIS fault McNabb got hurt.

* And when Julius Peppers got his sack, he was on the right side...so it was not on Jason Peters.

Folks, I am sorry, but he looked very good. I know it is only 1 game, but he is an Elite Left Tackle...and we let him slip away. We should have treated him better and just paid the guy. We had the money, and a YOUNG "Franchise" Quarterback, who is fragile. If we kept him AND still did what we have done with the Offensive Line, we would be solid.

I have always been a fan of his, I wanted the Bills to get him coming out of Arkansas and I have said this long before now. I don't like the things he has said up to now, but I still want to see him succeed. I would compare the situation and my feelings about it, with the Mike Peca situation. I know many people hate the guy, but just admit he is good.

***There are a few videos of """EEELITE""" Left Tackles who didn't look so good on Sunday.

No kidding? I'm shocked. :doh:

I've come out on every Peters thread and predicted he will continue to make Pro Bowls for the Eagles, who gladly paid more then the Bills were willing and traded a first round draft pick to get him. Thanks for validating my feelings, although one game does not a 16 game season make. It's nothing but sour grapes and hate for the Peters' bashers out here. I just thought it was smart football business to pay your best offenesive lineman and left tackle fair market value. Why not, the Eagles did.

Thanks for trying to be a mature football fan/student of the game...and just trying to see my point. prick.

Did I say he was god of LT's...no, but would have helped our options now and made us better for it.

Did I say he even deserved his contract...no I just said the man deserved to get paid for his accomplishments.

Next time, try to show some knowledge or find some facts, before you open your mouth. Thanks. :doh:

Peters is gone. Get over it. Agree that this is an absolutely useless thread. Furthermore, it doesn't matter a damn what he is doing or will do for Philly. He damn sure was NOT going to give BUFFALO that level of effort, so it is absolutely pointless to say "we could have had him at LT if only ...". He wouldn't have been the same player for us as for them. I'm glad he's gone. Bell will make some youthful mistakes, but I highly doubt anyone will have opportunity to question his effort. This team needs fighters who want to win and that's what they have in Bell.

Peters is gone. Get over it. Agree that this is an absolutely useless thread.

Uh, yessir, yessir. One suggestion, sir. If it's a useless thread, don't post on it. Don't even click on it.

This team needs fighters who want to win and that's what they have in Bell.

Yeah, fighters who want to win. Like Chris Kelsay. The guy gives everything he has every play. And Ellison. He leaves it all on the field.

Newsflash: It helps a lot if they're good. And Peters gave it all on the field too. He definitely had off the field issues regarding contracts, and I wasn't thrilled how he handled it. But he always did the best he could on the field, even if early last year, that wasn't enough.

wah, wah, wah! - quit crying.

The Bills have long been rumored this decade as favoring the New England Patriots as THE model with which to build a franchise. Now, on field success notwithstanding, one of the traits exhibited by the Pats is that of a 'team first' philosophy. After all, it was only a few seasons ago when the Pats opened with 2 rookies on their starting O-Line. Their C went to Detroit, and a G left for Cleveland (I billieve).

Now, ofcourse we know that they hit on these 2 guys (or they fit the system that was employed). Regardless, the Patriots did not overpay for the services of 2 starting offensive linemen and let them part via free agency.

You could also look at New Englands handling of CB Asante Samuel and CB- Gay. They refused to pay for talent (Samuel is pretty talented- one of the INT's in your highlight video), but to pay for his services would have placed NE out of their structure and 'team first' mentality.

Now, obviously the Bills are not the Pats. Yet. But you have to start somewhere, and offsetting your entire salary structure for a player who has proven to have a 'me first' mentality does not fit in the overall plans of the team.

So, either get over it or become an Eagles fan.

wah, wah, wah! - quit crying.

The Bills have long been rumored this decade as favoring the New England Patriots as THE model with which to build a franchise. Now, on field success notwithstanding, one of the traits exhibited by the Pats is that of a 'team first' philosophy. After all, it was only a few seasons ago when the Pats opened with 2 rookies on their starting O-Line. Their C went to Detroit, and a G left for Cleveland (I billieve).

Now, ofcourse we know that they hit on these 2 guys (or they fit the system that was employed). Regardless, the Patriots did not overpay for the services of 2 starting offensive linemen and let them part via free agency.

You could also look at New Englands handling of CB Asante Samuel and CB- Gay. They refused to pay for talent (Samuel is pretty talented- one of the INT's in your highlight video), but to pay for his services would have placed NE out of their structure and 'team first' mentality.

Now, obviously the Bills are not the Pats. Yet. But you have to start somewhere, and offsetting your entire salary structure for a player who has proven to have a 'me first' mentality does not fit in the overall plans of the team.

So, either get over it or become an Eagles fan.

So glad you brought up New England, considering that they gave their young LT, Matt Light, a 5-year extension with 2 years left on his rookie deal. Yes, Buffalo gave Peters a new contract in 2006, but he switched positions (from RT to LT) and made 2 pro bowls since then. When Light made his first pro bowl (2007), the Patriots renegotiated his contract (again).

Also, regarding the Patriots not paying "me-first" players, I've got two words for you: Randy Moss.

You're right, maybe Buffalo should start behaving more like New England.

So glad you brought up New England, considering that they gave their young LT, Matt Light, a 5-year extension with 2 years left on his rookie deal. Yes, Buffalo gave Peters a new contract in 2006, but he switched positions (from RT to LT) and made 2 pro bowls since then. When Light made his first pro bowl (2007), the Patriots renegotiated his contract (again).

Also, regarding the Patriots not paying "me-first" players, I've got two words for you: Randy Moss.

I see your points and all, but I think bringing up Moss is a bit misleading. Based on his antics in Minnesota and Oakland, you certainly could classify him as a "me first" type guy. That said, can someone please detail for me the laundry list of antics Moss has pulled since he joined the Patriots?

People who cite Peters' behavior are doing so 'cause said behavior happened while he was a member of the Bills. Not saying I agree w/ the mob mentality; I do understand where it's coming from though.

You are really wrong on this one.

Moss has certainly not behaved like the 'me first' player he was prior to New England. Once he arrived, his antics were over.

You failed to address the Samuel situation, and what about Ty Law? That got ugly, and New England would have none of it.

There are way more examples of my point in New England's structure than your argument. Law, Samuel, Gay, Seau, now Seymour, Milloy, Bledsoe, etc.

Now, you may look at some of these names and scoff that age was a factor. Could be a contributing factor, but Samuel, Gay and Law were top performers at their positions with the team and league as a whole. The Patriots have a model, and refused to overpay.

The only point where you may have some validity is the comparison to the positional equivalent of LT Matt Light.

One a separate note- I know it's a business, but Peters went undrafted and was signed by the Bills as a project. The Bills reached and took a chance on him when no one else would, yet there is no loyalty or consideration of team. That doofus McGahee was the same way. He was (still is) extremely damaged goods coming out of college. The Bills believed enough in him to take a chance on the baffoon. A couple seasons in, he is bad-mouthing the team, city, etc. Good riddance to him, but whatever happened to loyalty or a simple 'thanks'?

I can remember one of the last real players of the league, waiting until the 2nd round to get drafted by the Bills, and then used that fury against the rest of the league on game day.

Oh Thurman, I wish we could have more players like ya...

Peters is gone. Get over it. Agree that this is an absolutely useless thread. Furthermore, it doesn't matter a damn what he is doing or will do for Philly. He damn sure was NOT going to give BUFFALO that level of effort, so it is absolutely pointless to say "we could have had him at LT if only ...". He wouldn't have been the same player for us as for them. I'm glad he's gone. Bell will make some youthful mistakes, but I highly doubt anyone will have opportunity to question his effort. This team needs fighters who want to win and that's what they have in Bell.

For quite some time now the Peters haters have dutifully informed us of his every mistake no matter how tiny to justify their way-over-the-top criticism of him. From using the wrong fork to injuring his quad, we have heard it all. Any of us who have offered even the slightest praise for his abilities or regret that we lost him have been relentlessly and personally attacked. I can see why some would want to give some back to the flying monkeys.

I recently wrote a post about what I called the decisional whiplash concerning Walker, good enough to be our starting LT one minute, off the roster the next. Never mentioned Peters at all. Sure enough, one of the intertwits who has been calling Peters everything from an ignorant brute to the anti-christ for the better part of a year and a half responded with a personal attack:

"And what I find pretty amazing is the # of idiots who have pronounced Demetrius Bell a total failure, while already annointing St. Jason to Pro Bowl status - before either has played a down this season - in their frantic rush to say "I told you so!"

I swear, Buffalo's Adam Mickeiwicz Dramatic Circle (aka 'Mickey's') must be named after you. Come back and talk to us after Bell's debut, and after Julius Peppers owns FatBoy today. "

The fact that I never mentioned Peters or Bell or said "I told you so", didn't matter. These are just personal attacks that have pretty much nothing to do with fans yakking it up about their team and occasionally disagreeing.

I respect your opinion on Bell but frankly, I had no reason to question Peters' work ethic or committment to winning. I think it takes a special kind of player to rise as fast as he did, to get that good in that short a time.

But you know, all that is opinion and I don't understand why we can't hold reasonable opinions without being subjected to relentless attack that goes way beyond a simple heated debate. It seems like there are some who, for reasons I can't fathom though I am sure immaturity figures highly in it, come here primarily to insult and bully their fellow fans, somehow getting off on coming up with the coolest insult. Because really, life outside this board doesn't offer enough opportunites for jack asses to be jack asses.

Despite the specific invitation to do so, I am not here to rub that poster's face in Peters' excellent performance in not giving up a sack to Peppers. There is nothing I could say that would more thoroughly demonstrate his jack-assery than quoting his own words. Frankly, my opinion of him has nothing to do with the fact that we so strongly disagree on Peters. The problem is his inability to simply be civil with those of whom he disagrees.

You are really wrong on this one.

Moss has certainly not behaved like the 'me first' player he was prior to New England. Once he arrived, his antics were over.

You failed to address the Samuel situation, and what about Ty Law? That got ugly, and New England would have none of it.

There are way more examples of my point in New England's structure than your argument. Law, Samuel, Gay, Seau, now Seymour, Milloy, Bledsoe, etc.

Now, you may look at some of these names and scoff that age was a factor. Could be a contributing factor, but Samuel, Gay and Law were top performers at their positions with the team and league as a whole. The Patriots have a model, and refused to overpay.

The only point where you may have some validity is the comparison to the positional equivalent of LT Matt Light.

One a separate note- I know it's a business, but Peters went undrafted and was signed by the Bills as a project. The Bills reached and took a chance on him when no one else would, yet there is no loyalty or consideration of team. That doofus McGahee was the same way. He was (still is) extremely damaged goods coming out of college. The Bills believed enough in him to take a chance on the baffoon. A couple seasons in, he is bad-mouthing the team, city, etc. Good riddance to him, but whatever happened to loyalty or a simple 'thanks'?

I can remember one of the last real players of the league, waiting until the 2nd round to get drafted by the Bills, and then used that fury against the rest of the league on game day.

Oh Thurman, I wish we could have more players like ya...

Respectfully, I disagree with your belief that only the Bills were willing to take a chance on him. He was listed as a top project LT or "sleeper" that year in the draft. Lots of people had him on their radar and he could have signed as a UDFA with a number of teams. However, Buffalo, as he and his agent correctly determined, offered the best chance for making the roster given their lack of talent. They paid him, he worked for his pay and, for most of his career here, played significantly better than he was paid. I don't think he owed the Bills any more gratitude than they owed him. They didn't sign him as an act of charity, they signed him because of his potential and he did his part to make that potential count.