Hey, Cutler looks great!!

Magox

It's the receivers, not Cutler that suck tonight.

You buy into that excuse ? The QB should know what the limitations of his WR corps are. That last INT was a high risk throw to an inexperienced receiver. He should not have attempted that throw at all. Granted not all four were entirely his fault but then again there were other stupid throws that should have been picked off. So, in all he deserves having 4 INTs on his record and the major reason why the Bears lost this game.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the receivers, not Cutler that suck tonight.

Collinsworth was REALLY stretching it on that last INT. Maybe if the WR didn't fall down he might have broken the INT up, but Cutler threw the ball to the CB. He also regularly threw the ball into multi-coverage.

Sometimes you have to trust your eyes, and not the announcers. Tonight they were covering for Jay.

Collinsworth was REALLY stretching it on that last INT. Maybe if the WR didn't fall down he might have broken the INT up, but Cutler threw the ball to the CB. He also regularly threw the ball into multi-coverage.

Sometimes you have to trust your eyes, and not the announcers. Tonight they were covering for Jay.

I'll agree (barely) that the last pick was Cutler's fault, but the other ones, not even close.

He's in for a long season if that's what kind of receivers he's going to be working with. Those guys sucked, bad.

I'll agree (barely) that the last pick was Cutler's fault, but the other ones, not even close.

He's in for a long season if that's what kind of receivers he's going to be working with. Those guys sucked, bad.

Or he's completely overrated because he played for the offensive coach in the game (Brian Griese and Jake Plummer were pro bowlers in Denver), one of the best olines, and one of the best receiving cores in football. Trent Edwards would be putting up crazy numbers if he played in that system.

Cutler hasn't had a winning season since high school. He makes bonehead plays and shrinks in the clutch. He is a baby and I'd say it. I'd rather have Trent.

Or he's completely overrated because he played for the offensive coach in the game (Brian Griese and Jake Plummer were pro bowlers in Denver), one of the best olines, and one of the best receiving cores in football. Trent Edwards would be putting up crazy numbers if he played in that system.

Cutler hasn't had a winning season since high school. He makes bonehead plays and shrinks in the clutch. He is a baby and I'd say it. I'd rather have Trent.

Sooooo, you don't like him, then??

? What game were you watching? He threw several directly to the Packers and several more that should have been picked, but weren't. That was a horrible outing by anyone's measurements....

Just a thought, maybe it's not a great idea to make an assessment of a player based on the first half of his first regular season game with a new team.

Or some meaningless exhibition games, especially against the same team that was catching Cutler's passes last night or the friggin' World Champions who made Tennessee's O look pretty bad on Thursday night.

The Chicago media must be having a field day today and I wonder how Cutler's stable psyche will be able to handle this if he were to have another consecutive terrible outing.

I just have to laugh... I called it before Cutler was even traded, that he would suck balls wherever he went. I just don't see how anyone could be surprised by his awfulness.

The Chicago media must be having a field day today and I wonder how Cutler's stable psyche will be able to handle this if he were to have another consecutive terrible outing.

Considering the Steelers are next on tap, we won't have to wait too long to find out. Chicago does have the advantage of being at home for that game and their D looked good - which should ensure an adequate cardio workout for Big Ben.

IMHO, the Steelers still will win.

Some Chicago media coverage:

A Blog

"A three-and-out to start, an interception on the next series -- no, son, you were brought in here because that’s what the past 10 guys did. . . ."

Another article

"The more Cutler yelled, the more frustrated of a tone he set. By the time Cutler had thrown his third pick in the first half, it was obvious the guy talking too much was trying too hard."

Some wishful thinking here:

"His final line (17-for-36, 277 yards, TD, 4 INT) isn't going to be a trend. Nothing in his past would suggest this is anything more than an aberration."

In short, many people here are getting Rex Grossman flashbacks

Cutler has never been a good decision maker. In fact, he has had the highest percentage of throws that are near-INTs or INTs of any QB in the league... for about 3 years running.

Jeff George 2.0

Cutler is the best QB Chicagos seen in long time. We should only be so lucky.

For all intents and purposes, we had Jay Cutler for the past 4 years.

Considering the Steelers are next on tap, we won't have to wait too long to find out. Chicago does have the advantage of being at home for that game and their D looked good - which should ensure an adequate cardio workout for Big Ben.

IMHO, the Steelers still will win.

Some Chicago media coverage:

A Blog

"A three-and-out to start, an interception on the next series -- no, son, you were brought in here because that’s what the past 10 guys did. . . ."

Another article

"The more Cutler yelled, the more frustrated of a tone he set. By the time Cutler had thrown his third pick in the first half, it was obvious the guy talking too much was trying too hard."

Some wishful thinking here:

"His final line (17-for-36, 277 yards, TD, 4 INT) isn't going to be a trend. Nothing in his past would suggest this is anything more than an aberration."

In short, many people here are getting Rex Grossman flashbacks

Interesting, but unsurprisingly predictable from what the Chicago media would be reporting.

All though, I do have to say that Chicago's D looked tough, very tough. I imagine if Orton was in there they would of fared better, I don't see how they could of done any worse with any other QB out there. Hell, the first TD Green Bay scored was because of Cutler's Pick.

Well you dont have to win the division to make the playoffs, but I also dont think the Vikes are a lock to win the division in the first place...

The Lions won't win it. And with Urlacher being done for the season and Tinoisamoa being out for awhile, not to mention how poorly Cutler played, the Bears don't look like they'll do much this year. I see it being the Vikes with GB being the 2nd best team.

That first half looked a lot like the first half of a game a certain QB had against Cleveland on the national stage....

Yet, that QB had the Bills in a position to kick a game winning field goal. With the game on the line, Cutler threw a INT.

He is so overrated it's not even funny.

Yet, that QB had the Bills in a position to kick a game winning field goal. With the game on the line, Cutler threw a INT.

He is so overrated it's not even funny.

and did Cutler not drive the Bears 91 yards for a field goal? The Bears defense, i recall, is the one that gave up the 50 yard touchdown to greg jennings.

and did Cutler not drive the Bears 91 yards for a field goal? The Bears defense, i recall, is the one that gave up the 50 yard touchdown to greg jennings.

Are you talking about the drive where he threw a pass that went through the safety's hands, and the same drive where there was a mysterious illegal contact on third down that extended the drive? Is that the drive you're referring to?

Are you talking about the drive where he threw a pass that went through the safety's hands, and the same drive where there was a mysterious illegal contact on third down that extended the drive? Is that the drive your referring to?

If that's the same drive that led to Chicago being ahead of Green Bay with 2 minutes left, then yes, I am.

Cutler threw 3 INTs and could have easily thrown 7. He put his team in a giant hole. Additionally, he got the ball back with a 1:30 and killed their chances.

Cutler isn't that good.