Magox

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

what a bunch of haters on this board

Who is hating? Cutler hasn't had a winning season since high school, acted like a child when the Broncos had the audacity to try and improve their team, and has a tendency to shrink in the clutch. Those are the facts not some random made up things.

Cutler isn't as good as some people want to him to be. He is closer to Griese and Plummer (who were studs in Denver) than Elway. Sorry.

says the person who just stated: "That is what Crabtree is foolishly counting on. I hope he suffers a career ending injury before signing his contract"

hypocrite

Crabtree is a douche who is deserves to be ridiculed. Why hate on Cutler? He doesn't play for the Bills, and we don't even play the Bears this year

He's having a phenomenal first half, and he should of only have had 5 interceptions in the first half, Not bad. Guy really is a great decision maker and I'm thinking that Bears fans are feeling warm and fuzzy about their new "franchise" QB. Maybe he'll turn things around in the second half.

If "your boy" refers to the QB I pull for because he plays for the team I love, than ya, he's my "boy". And when you say Jay is putting his team in position to win, if you are referring to the drive when they went ahead and he threw the pass that should of been intercepted and went right through the hands of the safety, or the play where there was some phantom pass interference that led to their 3 points, or nevermind the great interception on the first play to end the game, then ok.

Ya, he played great!

The Chicago media must be having a field day today and I wonder how Cutler's stable psyche will be able to handle this if he were to have another consecutive terrible outing.

Interesting, but unsurprisingly predictable from what the Chicago media would be reporting.

All though, I do have to say that Chicago's D looked tough, very tough. I imagine if Orton was in there they would of fared better, I don't see how they could of done any worse with any other QB out there. Hell, the first TD Green Bay scored was because of Cutler's Pick.

Are you talking about the drive where he threw a pass that went through the safety's hands, and the same drive where there was a mysterious illegal contact on third down that extended the drive? Is that the drive you're referring to?

Yup, that's the one. Ya, he was impressive on that drive :thumbsup:

Magox, I don't mean to pick on you, but this is eerily similar to the so-called "crusade" for which you typically rail against Alphadawg.

Cutler's a good QB that had a rough outing against a vastly improved defense in a very difficult opposing venue, and yes, he doesn't have much help at WR.

Crabtree is a douche who is deserves to be ridiculed. Why hate on Cutler? He doesn't play for the Bills, and we don't even play the Bears this year

You seriously don't think Cutler is as big of a douche? He is like a spoiled child who cried because the Broncos had the audacity to look at another option. The Redskins tried to trade Campbell like 12 times this offseason and he handled it like a man.

On top of that, he took shots at the fans after he left.

Magox, I don't mean to pick on you, but this is eerily similar to the so-called "crusade" for which you typically rail against Alphadawg.

Cutler's a good QB that had a rough outing against a vastly improved defense in a very difficult opposing venue, and yes, he doesn't have much help at WR.

I find it odd bandit (not really) that you decide to point that out on this thread. So I guess my 10 posts in total regarding Cutler constitutes the same sort of "crusade" than the same 2000 mind numbing bantered posts about Trent? But hey, I guess there is a reason to that, right?

He's never been a winner Bandit, and remember how you proclaimed how Trent has poor outings against good teams, and you had a detailed analysis regarding that matter, and it was in a Cutler thread, then I provided the same analysis on Cutler, on how he has just as bad of a record and outings as Trent did against good teams as well. Remember that? Why the double standard?

I find it odd bandit (not really) that you decide to point that out on this thread. So I guess my 10 posts in total regarding Cutler constitutes the same sort of "crusade" than the same 2000 mind numbing bantered posts about Trent? But hey, I guess there is a reason to that, right?

He's never been a winner Bandit, and remember how you proclaimed how Trent has poor outings against good teams, and you had a detailed analysis regarding that matter, and it was in a Cutler thread, then I provided the same analysis on Cutler, on how he has just as bad of a record and outings as Trent did against good teams as well. Remember that? Why the double standard?

No double standard, and like I said, I'm not picking on you. I just found the irony interesting. He's another team's QB, so what's the point of railing against him unless it's a means to an end? That end--of course--being to make a comparison to Edwards. If I'm wrong about that, then it's my bad. Like I said, I just found the irony interesting, since you're always right there to combat Alphadawg when he makes similar observations about Edwards. My question to you (or observation, I suppose), is that it seemed like a bit of a witch hunt (or "crusade" if you prefer) against Cutler...just curious as to what you believe to be the difference?

As an aside, the biggest difference I see between Edwards and Cutler is that Cutler can actually exploit the lesser defenses he faces (you've seen the numbers, it's not even close), whereas Edwards struggles to be as productive under similar circumstances.

is that it seemed like a bit of a witch hunt (or "crusade" if you prefer) against Cutler...just curious as to what you believe to be the difference?

I know your post is not directed at me, but I am reveling at the sight of the slinking Bears fans in my office today. Somehow none want to acknowledge that the NFL season has started and yet these are the same who thinly disguise their glee at every Bills loss. (let me enjoy at 1 day, tomorrow may be different :wallbash: )

No double standard, and like I said, I'm not picking on you. I just found the irony interesting. He's another team's QB, so what's the point of railing against him unless it's a means to an end? That end--of course--being to make a comparison to Edwards. If I'm wrong about that, then it's my bad. Like I said, I just found the irony interesting, since you're always right there to combat Alphadawg when he makes similar observations about Edwards. My question to you (or observation, I suppose), is that it seemed like a bit of a witch hunt (or "crusade" if you prefer) against Cutler...just curious as to what you believe to be the difference?

As an aside, the biggest difference I see between Edwards and Cutler is that Cutler can actually exploit the lesser defenses he faces (you've seen the numbers, it's not even close), whereas Edwards struggles to be as productive under similar circumstances.

If you consider 10 posts about Cutler a witchhunt, then I don't know what more to say about that. I don't see whats ironic about it at all, 10 posts compared to 2000 posts, hardly a fair comparison. Do you see the difference?

In regards to why I mentioned Cutler, I don't like him, never did, have always considered him to be a whiny overrated punk ass, who has never won anything in his life. Many people suggested on this board that we should of traded for him, and basically give up the farm to get him, my observation was that he wasn't a clutch performer, a headache to deal with, a crybaby and never played well against tough competition. After all this is a football message board, and Cutler seems to get a lot of attention, and I wanted to post something about his first performance. Is that ok?

I never said that Edwards was better than Cutler, that is something that was fabricated by a few people on this board, once again, what I had said was I wouldn't trade for him and give up the farm based on what I had mentioned earlier. But some people, will only see what they want to see. They think since I support Trent that I automatically believe he is better than other QB's such as Cutler.

I happen to believe that he has got what it takes to be a good QB. I may be wrong and this year will be a telling one. I don't believe it's his arm strength that worries me, more than anything it is his confidence. If he regresses this year, than I will be wanting a change in QB as well, but I would say that in his first full year last year, he earned the right to start this year.

you are a pretty intelligent guy, How do you not see the difference between posting about the same damn thing over and over and over than creating one single thread of Cutler's performance? I can tell you why, it's simple, because you support the repetitive criticism of Trent's peformance. Also, that is something that you do, when you have an opinion of something, you carry on and on about it, such as the Peters debate. I mean how many times have you conveyed the message of "Sacks isn't an official stat" on this message board? I get it, I don't need to read it 100 times to understand what you are saying, I understood the first time I read it. That is the point that I am making about Trent.

Now I'm not taking a shot at you regarding Peters, I know you are passionate about that subject, but it is repetative, and somewhat unnecessary. But once again, I understand, you are passionate about that subject, and I happen to agree with you regarding Peters.

I hope that answers your question

If you consider 10 posts about Cutler a witchhunt, then I don't know what more to say about that. I don't see whats ironic about it at all, 10 posts compared to 2000 posts, hardly a fair comparison. Do you see the difference?

In regards to why I mentioned Cutler, I don't like him, never did, have always considered him to be a whiny overrated punk ass, who has never won anything in his life. Many people suggested on this board that we should of traded for him, and basically give up the farm to get him, my observation was that he wasn't a clutch performer, a headache to deal with, a crybaby and never played well against tough competition. After all this is a football message board, and Cutler seems to get a lot of attention, and I wanted to post something about his first performance. Is that ok?

I never said that Edwards was better than Cutler, that is something that was fabricated by a few people on this board, once again, what I had said was I wouldn't trade for him and give up the farm based on what I had mentioned earlier. But some people, will only see what they want to see. They think since I support Trent that I automatically believe he is better than other QB's such as Cutler.

I happen to believe that he has got what it takes to be a good QB. I may be wrong and this year will be a telling one. I don't believe it's his arm strength that worries me, more than anything it is his confidence. If he regresses this year, than I will be wanting a change in QB as well, but I would say that in his first full year last year, he earned the right to start this year.

you are a pretty intelligent guy, How do you not see the difference between posting about the same damn thing over and over and over than creating one single thread of Cutler's performance? I can tell you why, it's simple, because you support the repetitive criticism of Trent's peformance. Also, that is something that you do, when you have an opinion of something, you carry on and on about it, such as the Peters debate. I mean how many times have you conveyed the message of "Sacks isn't an official stat" on this message board? I get it, I don't need to read it 100 times to understand what you are saying, I understood the first time I read it. That is the point that I am making about Trent.

Now I'm not taking a shot at you regarding Peters, I know you are passionate about that subject, but it is repetative, and somewhat unnecessary. But once again, I understand, you are passionate about that subject, and I happen to agree with you regarding Peters.

I hope that answers your question

When a subject comes up on the board (i.e. Trent Edwards, Jason Peters, etc.), I provide my opinion. If multiple threads come up regarding the same subject, I may provide my opinion in those multiple threads. If you see that as supporting repeated criticism, so be it, I don't need to defend my motives. All I'll say is that I haven't thought much of any QB in a Bills' uniform since Bledsoe, and I believe I've been more than fair in regard to my criticism of each.

People repeat themselves all of the time on this board. It happens. It's likely that they are doing so because their comments aren't necessarily intended for the same recipient every time. I don't contend to know any poster's thread-starting history, so I can't speak as to how many threads Alphadawg has started in his "crusade" against Edwards, but unless he's starting threads every day about the subject (which he doesn't--or at least I haven't noticed him doing, admittedly I haven't checked because I don't care that much), I don't see a major difference. He replies in the threads that discuss Edwards and provides his opinion. Much of the time he does so (that I've noticed anyway), you are right there to nail him for his "crusading". My reply to your posts was simply that I saw a bit of irony in your analysis of Cutler, whom I've noticed--over time--that you don't like. I never said you made as many comments as Alphadawg does regarding Edwards, I just simply pointed out that your several posts in this thread carried the same tone, which I found ironic. I tried to make my point in a non-agressive manor, but obviously I failed and touched a nerve. My bad.

Olive branch:

:wallbash:

2000 posts? LMAO Magox at how you love to exaggerate...and if you think you have only posted 10 posts on your crusade of Cutler to prop up Trent you are high as a kite. You have posted hundreds (and thats no exaggeration), in fact, it was the main topic for almost a month a while back.

If you are going to label me "on a crusade" because I am critical of Trents flaws and discuss them in threads other people create, then what exactly are you on? Not only do you bash Cutler at every opportunity, but you also start threads on it...you are on as much of a crusade as anyone my friend...

FYI: In regards to your comeback post to Bandit, you counter Bandits comment about how Trent has poor "outings" against good teams with Cutler has a poor "record" against good teams...Records and outings are two completely different things. Cutler's win/loss record against good teams has more to do with his defense not being able to stop a high school offense then his production. When we lose to good teams Trent's averages are less than 200 yards passing and almost a 2 to 1 turnover to TD ratio...in other words, we lose because of bad games by Trent...

And thats just facts...check the books. In almost every single loss with Trent at the helm, we were in a winnable situation despite him having very poor outings...just average outings might have gotten us a lot of those losses back. Den didnt lose often because of Cutler...most of their losses came because the D couldnt hold the opponents to under 21 points (which is a modest request in the NFL).