Hey, Cutler looks great!!

Magox

He's having a phenomenal first half, and he should of only have had 5 interceptions in the first half, Not bad. Guy really is a great decision maker and I'm thinking that Bears fans are feeling warm and fuzzy about their new "franchise" QB. Maybe he'll turn things around in the second half.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He's having a phenomenal first half, and he should of only have had 5 interceptions in the first half, Not bad. Guy really is a great decision maker and I'm thinking that Bears fans are feeling warm and fuzzy about their new "franchise" QB. Maybe he'll turn things around in the second half.

I have some really good friends that are bears fans and rocking their "Midway Jay" shirts not so proudly tonight. I called this the moment they traded for him. But in all fairness I'll probably catch hell for the smack I'm running tonight when Brady throws for 400+ tomorrow

Just a thought, maybe it's not a great idea to make an assessment of a player based on the first half of his first regular season game with a new team.

Whoa, thats too much logic for Magox, he just wants Cutler to look as bad as possible so he can say Trent is better than him...however, at the end of the year, the Bears will be in the playoffs, Cutler will have thrown for more than a 1000 yards more than Trent and will have at least 10 more TD's and a higher passer rating depsite having way less weapons to work with...

Whoa, thats too much logic for Magox, he just wants Cutler to look as bad as possible so he can say Trent is better than him...however, at the end of the year, the Bears will be in the playoffs, Cutler will have thrown for more than a 1000 yards more than Trent and will have at least 10 more TD's and a higher passer rating depsite having way less weapons to work with...

You think the Bears will make the playoffs? The Vikes will run away with the division, so that means wildcard. Do you see them beating-out the losers of the NFC East or South?

He's starting to play better in the 2nd half.

Yes. He was lousy in the first half. He's a good QB and I'd bet on him having a very good year. Both defenses very agressive and intense. Turning into a good game.

Both coaches have decided to make life tough foer the opposing QB. We'll see if Jauron plays chicken shyt defense against NE.

You think the Bears will make the playoffs? The Vikes will run away with the division, so that means wildcard. Do you see them beating-out the losers of the NFC East or South?

That's gonna be a tough division. But you have to figure Favre is good for one or two games where he can't get his head out of his ass. I think Minn, GB, and Chi will have a really strong competition for the division.

Well you dont have to win the division to make the playoffs, but I also dont think the Vikes are a lock to win the division in the first place...

Cutler has never been a good decision maker. In fact, he has had the highest percentage of throws that are near-INTs or INTs of any QB in the league... for about 3 years running.

Jeff George 2.0

Your "near-INT" statistics are absurd. Who has measured this and how accurate could it possibly be? A "near INT" is based on opinion and opinion based stats aren't worth two schitts. Now if you want to say his INT rate is high, that would be factual. His TDs are also high, especially for a 3 year QB. The facts are that both of these numbers are inflated because of his situation. He played for a passing offense, with good weapons, and a horrific defense. Do you see how the situation might have an effect on his statistics?

Have you watched any of the second half of the first game of the season? Jay Cutler has struggled but he is on the road in his first game as a Bear. He is putting his team in position to win with a strong second half. Your boy has a tough time getting our starting offense accross mid-field.

Just a thought, maybe it's not a great idea to make an assessment of a player based on the first half of his first regular season game with a new team.

Agreed.

I'm no Cutler fan, and I think he is way overrated. But this isn't the time to make any real observation of his play. Time will tell if he can overcome his bad decision making.

Have you watched any of the second half of the first game of the season? Jay Cutler has struggled but he is on the road in his first game as a Bear. He is putting his team in position to win with a strong second half. Your boy has a tough time getting our starting offense accross mid-field.

If "your boy" refers to the QB I pull for because he plays for the team I love, than ya, he's my "boy". And when you say Jay is putting his team in position to win, if you are referring to the drive when they went ahead and he threw the pass that should of been intercepted and went right through the hands of the safety, or the play where there was some phantom pass interference that led to their 3 points, or nevermind the great interception on the first play to end the game, then ok.

Ya, he played great!

Agreed.

I'm no Cutler fan, and I think he is way overrated. But this isn't the time to make any real observation of his play. Time will tell if he can overcome his bad decision making.

It's too early to pass final judgement, no doubt. I'm just having some fun, why? Because it's fun!

It's too early to pass final judgement, no doubt. I'm just having some fun, why? Because it's fun!

I hear ya.

I'm laughing for every INT, or near INT, he throws. So I'm laughing a LOT tonight.

Of course, I admire the beautiful long passes he completes, too.