QB - Trent Edwards

WR - Lee Evans

Defensive:

LB - Kawika Mitchell

LB - Paul Posluszny

Special Teams:

P - Brian Moorman

S - George Wilson

*Personally, I like them a lot more than any of our recent past Captains. I am happy to see Chris Kelsay didn't get it this year, kind of speaks volumes about what his teammates think of him. I don't think there is anybody better on the Offensive side of the ball, than Edwards and Evans, to carry the title. Trent has been here for 3 years now, has grown into his role, seems to be trusted by his peers, and he shows the qualities to be a good leader. Lee Evans is a very good leader in my opinion, and I think he is most deserving of the honor. I can't think of anyone else on Offense who is in ready to carry these responsibilities right now, for this season. Poz is a young up and comer that to me, is the face of our Defense. He is the Middle Linebacker, the guy who calls the plays and directs the "D." I think he could be a great Captain for years to come, he minds me of Zach Thomas. Who else would be better to be the other Defensive Captain than Kawika Mitchell? The guy plays with a lot of heart and has been to the Super Bowl. He is a Veteran and has shown he can lead a ball club. I would say he is our "Top/#1" TEAM Captain. The only other person on Defense who I could see with the "C" on their jersey is Marcus Stroud, but he is still fairly new. Whitner seems like a decent leader, but he needs to show more on the field. As far as Special Teams goes, I think those 2 players are the most obvious selections. Moorman is by far our best "Special Teamer," if not our best player overall. He shows passion and heart, every time he is on the field...see the Pro-Bowl a couple years ago (gettin jacked up by Sean Taylor on a fake punt). Last, George Wilson he probably one of, if not the best, Special Teams ace we have. He has proven to be a valuable player on Defense as well and could probably step in at Wide Receiver if the club needed him to.

Overall, I think the selections made by the team for Captains are all excellent and quality choices. I cannot think of a better group of guys to lead and represent this franchise, on and off the field. ;)