Runyan feels "great" after Bills workout

DrDawkinstein

Five posts before yours Whites Bay.

Guilty as charged, SJBF! I'm on wireless up here at the lake, and "3G" isn't always what my provider tells me it's going to be! I was first to pick it up, but just couldn't get the stupid comment out on time. I feel so inadequate.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, stop worrying about something over which you have no control.

Take money out of the equation. If you were Runyon, where would YOU go? Exactly.

If you were Runyan and you had the option of being a back-up on the Eagles or a starter on the Bills it's not at all a no brainer or easy answer. This is his last year or two. If I were him, I would definitely want to play on a different team rather than be on the bench on my old team that didn't want me. The Eagles RT is out for one game but expected back. Runyan won't play if Shawn Andrews is healthy.

Guilty as charged, SJBF! I'm on wireless up here at the lake, and "3G" isn't always what my provider tells me it's going to be! I was first to pick it up, but just couldn't get the stupid comment out on time. I feel so inadequate.

I'll trade my super fast internet connection for your place on the lake and your boat. If you want to make this trade, pm me. ;)

If you were Runyan and you had the option of being a back-up on the Eagles or a starter on the Bills it's not at all a no brainer or easy answer. This is his last year or two. If I were him, I would definitely want to play on a different team rather than be on the bench on my old team that didn't want me. The Eagles RT is out for one game but expected back. Runyan won't play if Shawn Andrews is healthy.

If he really only has a year or two left, he grabs the cash from Philly because this is likely his last chance to grab it. Even if it means sitting on the bench for a team that IS going into the playoffs and needs depth, versus a team that is being run by Dick Jauron.

Take money out of the equation. If you were Runyon, where would YOU go? Exactly.

And for those of you thinking the Bills should pick up Runyon's current contract instead of waiting, forgive my pessimism but while Runyon would clearly be an upgrade, it's not like his presence on the line will mark the difference between getting to the playoffs and getting DEEP into the playoffs. This team has more problems than a Runyon signing at full contract is going to address. If you can get him inexpensively, great, but otherwise let the rooks get the reps this year and hope, somehow, that we can bring in a coaching staff next year that knows what to do with the young'ns.

[/quote

Any team signing him now would not be "picking up his current contract". He does not have one. The difference is that if you sign him now, his entire 2009 salary is guaranteed. If you sign him after week 1, it is not. So if he is not working out, you can cut him during the season and save money.

I'll trade my super fast internet connection for your place on the lake and your boat. If you want to make this trade, pm me. ;)

Only if you drink Molson's. A man's gotta have rules. No limp-wristed-nancy-boys up here in the North Country. What's on tap in San Jose tonight?

"Because" - The Beatles (the old stuff)

If he really only has a year or two left, he grabs the cash from Philly because this is likely his last chance to grab it. Even if it means sitting on the bench for a team that IS going into the playoffs and needs depth, versus a team that is being run by Dick Jauron.

Even though we hate Jauron, and rightfully so, players LOVE Jauron.

And for those of you thinking the Bills should pick up Runyon's current contract instead of waiting, forgive my pessimism but while Runyon would clearly be an upgrade, it's not like his presence on the line will mark the difference between getting to the playoffs and getting DEEP into the playoffs. This team has more problems than a Runyon signing at full contract is going to address. If you can get him inexpensively, great, but otherwise let the rooks get the reps this year and hope, somehow, that we can bring in a coaching staff next year that knows what to do with the young'ns.

^^^

What he said.

Only if you drink Molson's. A man's gotta have rules. No limp-wristed-nancy-boys up here in the North Country. What's on tap in San Jose tonight?

"Because" - The Beatles (the old stuff)

Giants-Dodgers on the plasma...and some of the best herbage money can buy. Wife and I are having grass fed ribeye steak for dinner. But we miss the Empire State. Can't get Molson's up here.

Sailed and raced out of Wilson, NY for many years. I know Lake Ontario very well including the Canadian ports. Not so much your neck of the woods though. Went fishing near Pulaski once.

BTW, watch out for those flannel shirted loggers up your ways. My buddy went to the NY State Forest Rangers School in Wanakena. Some of those "manly men" might surprise you...and not in a good way.

Sailed and raced out of Wilson, NY for many years. I know Lake Ontario very well including the Canadian ports. Not so much your neck of the woods though. Went fishing near Pulaski once.

The best boating on the lake is in the Eastern Basin. Islands, inlets, peninsulas, rivers, embayments. The rest of it is uneventful and (at some times) unnerving.

Young spouse, steaks and "herbage"? Oh, you lucky, lucky bastard.....

"Slave to Love" - Brian Ferry

what you fail to factor into your equation is that by going back to Philly, Runyan would be passing up the opportunity of a lifetime to be coached by the imminently renowned genius of Sean Kugler. ;)

problem is that the Bills have to wait until after Monday night's game to sign him...other teams can sign him immediately after the game on Sunday.

The Bills CAN sign him now they would just need to guarantee his whole salary. That might be a nice thing to do to calm the fan base and show they are serious about not getting Trent killed. Of course that could risk Ralph's money...

Sign him, .... just sign him... No brainer do the deal. Common Ralph, are all the other guys on the roster more important?

Jeez, remember when we use to pick up guys like Leonard Smith, James Lofton, hell even "recently" like Lawyer Malloy.

Those days seem to be long-gone, I'm afraid. :doh:

He'll re-sign with Philly on Monday afternoon when The Bills are in Foxboro doing their pre-game warmups.

Why would he want to come here and learn a new Offensive Line blocking scheme?

Why wouldn't Philly re-sign him especially with the current starting ROT's back problems?

Philly will likely lose to the Panthers and the boo birds will be out in full force.

Reid signing Philly phan phavorite Runyon will placate the masses for a few days better than a cheez widt and a side of fries.

JMHO

Jeez, remember when we use to pick up guys like Leonard Smith, James Lofton, hell even "recently" like Lawyer Malloy.

Those days seem to be long-gone, I'm afraid. :doh:

The Bills would need to overpay Runyan to get him. At 35 and coming off microfracture surgery, plus having missed all of the off-season and pre-season, he's not worth it. They should have started Bell at LT and kept Walker at RT from the beginning. Now they have to hope that Butler develops at RT, or that someone like Jonathan Scott does.