Jaws blasts the "no huddle"

Coach Tuesday

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My view is that looking at last year's tapes, the only times that Edwards was effectively running the offense was out of a hurry up set. That's my guess on why Jauron insists on running the offense full time. The big difference is that Bills ran that O against prevent Ds, and there's a question of whether it will be effective for a full game.

But the bottom line is that (duh) Bills have to score more often than they did, otherwise the entire effect of the hurry up (now that's it's not just the no huddle offense) will hurt the Bills more than it will the opposition.

So, it's certainly valid for Jaws to be skeptical at this point.

Honestly, this is shaping up to be one of the worst seasons the franchise has ever seen (and that's saying something).

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/i...e-a-big-mistake

"I think they're making a big mistake running the no-huddle."

He also said this:

"They have the weapons. I don't think they have the ability. I'm not going to knock what they're trying to do ... I guess I am."

Not sure what that means?

The biggest draw back to the no huddle would be a quick 3 and out repeatedly. The Bills have offensive skill players in ample supply. If Trent can find his nads and push the ball downfield a bit, this could be pretty exciting.

He also said this:

"They have the weapons. I don't think they have the ability. I'm not going to knock what they're trying to do ... I guess I am."

Not sure what that means?

The biggest draw back to the no huddle would be a quick 3 and out repeatedly. The Bills have offensive skill players in ample supply. If Trent can find his nads and push the ball downfield a bit, this could be pretty exciting.

When you have talent but not ability that's usually a condemnation of coaching IMO. I think Jaws is trying to say that the pieces are there, but the puzzle-doer (Jauron) is essentially 3 doing a puzzle for 5 and up....

Honestly, this is shaping up to be one of the worst seasons the franchise has ever seen (and that's saying something).

I love Jaws and think he is great but he also said JP was going to be a super star QB in the NFL.....

Maybe he meant UFL???

One of the worst seasons ever and not a single game has been played yet......do you think you may be overstating things a bit? Chill out people and let them play a game.......Jaws and the like are great but are no better at predicting an NFL season than the 10 year old kid who likes the NFL

If they mix in a hurry-up offense, which we saw a little of in the HOF game, with the no-huddle, I think it has a better chance of being successful. A straight no-huddle, which the starters displayed the last 4 games of the pre-season, is useless...

I really like Jaws to be honest, and I think he is pretty good at what he does. But that doesn't make anything he says true, it is just his opinion. Let's wait a few weeks before we call this one of the worst seasons ever. Time will tell.

The consensus opinion of most football people who follow the NFL is that the Bills are going to have a tough season. I can't recall one football "expert" predicting that the Bills will make the playoffs. (Donte Whitner is not an expert or objective). The local press whose job is to cover the team (Hamilton, Sullivan and Wilson etc) all come to the same conclusion that the Bills are going to struggle.

You don't have to be a football expert to see a looming bust of a season. Most local fans who are sober are smart enough to realize that our owner, front office and coaching staff are very mediocre. No one should be surprised. Just look at the record for the past decade. ;)