Folks...thinking about this last night. I think D. Bell has a future

And as such I dont think we should throw him under the bus if he does not play well.......

- 7th round pick who frankly has not gotten a lot of playing time yet

- Coming off of an injury

- Unexpected thrown into the limelight on Monday Night Football

- Against the Patriots for god sack

I fully expect him to struggle and not because I dont think he is very talented

And as such I dont think we should throw him under the bus if he does not play well.......

I agree this first performance should be taken with a grain of salt but I have a feeling he will hold up fine. No Seymour and OL Kulger coached Clady at Boise State. As a rookie, Clady gave up a half of sack. That points to him receiving good coaching at the college level as well as the pros.

I agree this first performance should be taken with a grain of salt but I have a feeling he will hold up fine. No Seymour and OL Kulger coached Clady at Boise State. As a rookie, Clady gave up a half of sack. That points to him receiving good coaching at the college level as well as the pros.

Man am I glad that dude is no longer a Patsie....

no Seymour, no Harrison, no Vrabel, no Bruschi, no Seau

it's almost like it got too easy, until you remember that

• Bellicheat is still there
  • we never even get past their O-line
  • they still have enough monsters in the D (Wilfork, Mayo, Thomas)

Were I the Pats* DC, I'd spend a few plays picking on the youngster Bell early on. My DE runs wide, Bell moves out and reaches out, overextends his right arm and I send a LB to whack him in the ribs hard.

Sorry... young DBs are picked on, and so are young linemen. He's gonna have to learn when to drop that right arm.

Ok you can worry about Bell- I'll worry about Butler - try this, look at all the other teams RT, see how many you'd rate worse than Butler.

Is this from actually watching preseason or jsut parroting? Because personally (and I'm not an oline expert by any means), but most of the breakdowns have come from the left side. I think Butler has improved a lot this off-season.

Were I the Pats* DC, I'd spend a few plays picking on the youngster Bell early on. My DE runs wide, Bell moves out and reaches out, overextends his right arm and I send a LB to whack him in the ribs hard.

Sorry... young DBs are picked on, and so are young linemen. He's gonna have to learn when to drop that right arm.

You're a 100% right. Bell should expect the kitchen sink and a lot of overloaded blitzes. but this may be for the best. trial by fire. I expect a lot of tight end help and an occasional delayed release by the TE could be an effective play.

You're a 100% right. Bell should expect the kitchen sink and a lot of overloaded blitzes. but this may be for the best. trial by fire. I expect a lot of tight end help and an occasional delayed release by the TE could be an effective play.

I think they have to keep a tight end in to chip off a Pat* defender, too. I'd put that rookie in. I understand the book on him - college spread offense, not much of a blocker etc. - so toss him into the fire, too. My guess is that he can at least interfere with a rusher. You gotta to find out, sooner or later, if he's a pro player.

And you are right - he could well pop out for a quick completion.

Since Bruschi retired, God will no longer be getting sacks for the Cheats*.

GO BILLS!!!

You mean throw him under the bus after one game, which will start with his first NFL live snap? Yeah, that would be stupid. I'm a bit doubtful about him, but he (and the o-line) most likely will have a not very good first half. Of the season. After that, I will want to see improvement.

no Seymour, no Harrison, no Vrabel, no Bruschi, no Seau

it's almost like it got too easy, until you remember that

• Bellicheat is still there
  • we never even get past their O-line
  • they still have enough monsters in the D (Wilfork, Mayo, Thomas)

Never get past the line? Last year, in week 17, we were 35/161. Jackson had a terrific game.

I think they have to keep a tight end in to chip off a Pat* defender, too. I'd put that rookie in. I understand the book on him - college spread offense, not much of a blocker etc. - so toss him into the fire, too. My guess is that he can at least interfere with a rusher. You gotta to find out, sooner or later, if he's a pro player.

And you are right - he could well pop out for a quick completion.

No thanks. The number one priority this week in the passing game is NOT throwing our rookie TE into the fire. It is keeping our QB vertical and healthy.

What in the above makes you think that Bell has a future in the NFL?

What in the above makes you think that Bell has a future in the NFL?

Not to speak for him, but those were his reasons for not throwing him under the bus if he struggles early.

But the reasons people think he will successful is: 1) his size 2) his basketball background and feet 3) the fact he is still learning the game and should only keep improving 4) his arm length (huge for tackles) 5) The Bills and writers like Clark Judge have been high on him since last camp 6) He's not Langston Walker.

Never get past the line? Last year, in week 17, we were 35/161. Jackson had a terrific game.

i said O-Line, as in, rush their QB

you might be on to something, throw Freddie on to rush Brady - what's the worst that could happen??

No thanks. The number one priority this week in the passing game is NOT throwing our rookie TE into the fire. It is keeping our QB vertical and healthy.

You misinterpreted my post. I wasn't advocating the rookie being an overt pass target, just helping out the new LT and possibly snagging the odd relief pass.

If the thing is just to keep Edwards upright, that's easy to do. 6 OLs and a FB. Three and out, I suppose.

You gotta take chances...

Is this from actually watching preseason or jsut parroting? Because personally (and I'm not an oline expert by any means), but most of the breakdowns have come from the left side. I think Butler has improved a lot this off-season.

I suspect he will not be worse than Walker was.

Ok you can worry about Bell- I'll worry about Butler - try this, look at all the other teams RT, see how many you'd rate worse than Butler.

Yeah I'll do that because I study game film from all 32 NFL teams and, like most people on here, am qualified to judge the talent level of right tackles across the league. Listen, the quarterback drops back, you watch the ball and then wait to see what the experts say about who is and is not performing on the OL (unless you DVR the game and go back and watch it again). I'm sick and tired of people professing to be experts on line play. All I know is that a) tackle is Brad Butler's natural position and b) the ruinning game vastly improved after he returned from injury last season. Peace I'm outta here.

If I'm AVP I call a lot of early bubble screens or regular screens to the left to so they think twice about sending everything they got at him.

But before that, first play on offense, bomb away for either TO or Lee.