Bob DiCesare---Bills win between 0-4 games this year

Big Turk

If thinking results in responses this bereft of intelligent thought, you might want read a bit more. Coaching has not been the problem. You simply cannot coach your receivers open. You cannot coach your defensive lineman to beat their blocks. That is not what coaching is. Coaching is organizing the game plan, not physically micromanaging the movements of your players or spontaneously donning them with blazing speed. You cannot coach your players into more athletic players, and anyone with half a brain who has watched the Bills play should realize that they are being beaten because they are physically less talented than other teams. They are smaller, slower, and weaker than the opposition, and even the mighty Bill Belichik won only 4 games in two separate seasons coaching a Browns team with similar limitations.

Do you people realize how ignorant you sound every time you want to lay the blame on the coach and pretend that this team would have been good otherwise? It makes me sad for you.

Perhaps if Jauron didn't continuously make the same fundamental coaching mistakes each week. Try and remember the last time we went into the end of a half with all 3 time outs at our disposal.

Jauron has been here FOUR seasons. If the players are smaller, weaker, and less athletic than other teams there's a good chance he has had a say in whether or not they are here.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Ravens built their team with virtually all the money on defense and it was obvious. Billick wasn't able to make soup out of sh-- but he was smart enough not to screw it up.

I don't think Greg Williams, Mike Mularkey, or Dick Jauron wins a SB with that team.

Yes because it's hard to figure out what to do with a defense of that caliber. Even some guy on a forum like me could formulate an effective game plan with a super defense full of athletic playmakers, and you are implying that a professional NFL coach couldn't? Come on that is absolutely absurd.

This is what drives me insane about the media. You can just talk out of your @ss and have zero accountability.

Just once, i would love for them to put their money where their mouth is. Hey Bob if you're so sure, bet a month's salary on it. If you win, you doubled your money and no one will ever question you again.

I'm sure if pressed for a $1,000 or so bet on 4 or less wins, he would make up some excuse about not gambling. Just feed the mob.

You might be right on the bet. All the Bills have to do is go out and prove him wrong. Win 5 or more games. Should be simple, right?

Yes because it's hard to figure out what to do with a defense of that caliber. Even some guy on a forum like me could formulate an effective game plan with a super defense full of athletic playmakers, and you are implying that a professional NFL coach couldn't? Come on that is absolutely absurd.

You're right. It's not more absurd (and narcissistic) to think that "you" (some dude on a message board) could win a SB because they were give a superb defense.

You're obviously awesome and Brian Billick, who put together one of the most dynamic offenses in NFL history and then won a SB with virtually no offense and is still employed in the sport at the highest level, is a complete rube.

I love the internet.

Well if the Bills finish with between 0-4 wins, how many wins will the following teams have that all have less talent on their roster than the Bills have:

Raiders

Rams

Chiefs

Lions

Broncos

Browns

Bucs

Jaguars

Seahawks

Bengals

Dolphins

Jets

49ers

Yes, I included the Dolphins, who for all their wins, had and have a less talented roster top to bottom than the Bills do(guess its pretty obvious where the problem is)...

I am sure all of these teams will make the playoffs according to DiCesare's logic...or illogic as it stands

Who is saying that all these teams have less talent? A fan of the team in question? By the looks of the organization from top to bottom, this is probably the least talented team both on the field and off.............and I am a die hard fan. The talent level is mediocre at best. Just because you "like" some of the players and have a hometown love for the team, player for player on most, if not all of the teams listed, have better talent across the board. Im not being a synic, just a realist.

I love this team as much as the next guy but in the last 10 years, if someone can tell me that this team actually has had better overall talent (both on the field and off) than more than 5 teams in the league, I would believe they were high.

Sure, there might be a couple of positions that the Bills have some decent talent, but to say that they have more talent overall is ridiculous. I am hoping for 4 wins this year, would love to believe that can get 10 but realistically, they might not get 2.

Who is saying that all these teams have less talent? A fan of the team in question? By the looks of the organization from top to bottom, this is probably the least talented team both on the field and off.............and I am a die hard fan. The talent level is mediocre at best. Just because you "like" some of the players and have a hometown love for the team, player for player on most, if not all of the teams listed, have better talent across the board. Im not being a synic, just a realist.

I love this team as much as the next guy but in the last 10 years, if someone can tell me that this team actually has had better overall talent (both on the field and off) than more than 5 teams in the league, I would believe they were high.

Sure, there might be a couple of positions that the Bills have some decent talent, but to say that they have more talent overall is ridiculous. I am hoping for 4 wins this year, would love to believe that can get 10 but realistically, they might not get 2.

we've got more DBs on our active roster than most, if not all, of the teams in the league.

that's got to count for something :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...
I have no delusions of grandeur with this team. It is about an average to slightly below average team in the NFL with Jauron as coach. I still think a good coach could get this team to the playoffs in any given year. However, saying this team is 0-4 win team is about the most ridiculous thing I have seen. This guy is acting like every team we play is going to be as good as the New England Patriots, and the Bills have no chance to win any game. If there is one thing I hate more than the guy who thinks the Bills are going 16-0, its the guy who gives them a shot of going 0-16. It is virtually impossible to do this in the FL this year. Other than Detroit, who had a roster that was much, much worse than the Bills last year, there is no team in the league with that little talent to pull off this feat. For him to even suggest this is utter nonsense. The Bills will likely finish right where they always do under Jauron---right near .500, teasing everyone about a playoff birth into early December before losing a winnable game to seal their playoff drought extension again. The schedule is harder on paper, but we all know teams change so much from year to year that can't really be counted on to mean much of anything...

DiCesare, you should be ashamed of yourself for writing such drivel. The Bills aren't making the playoffs this year(without a minor miracle), but they certainly aren't gonna win 4 games or less either..way to overreact in the complete opposite direction of ultimate fan boy...people who know nothing about football shouldn't be allowed to write about it and force others to have to read it.

Bottle Crack, make millions...DiCesare must be a user

BUMP

I'm not liking your chances right now.

I did make a bet with C.Bisuit, but that's not why I bumped the thread. That would be a dick-move.

I bumped it because the original poster called out a reported who clearly knew what he was talking about. That was only a (dick-move)/2.

My favorite line is "DiCesare, you should be ashamed of yourself for writing such drivel"

Where is SouthGeorgiaBillsFan? Trying to extrapolate some more stats to prove that Edwards is better than Brady?

All of you who said that the Bills should not have traded Edwards for Cutler, please get yourselves snipped. Don't procreate...just...don't....

• 1 month later...
Time to revisit. My original link no longer works, but thanks to Google Cache, the story is still available:

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:JjhKsL...ory/789022.html

"Yes, by all means get your popcorn ready. The paper bag will come in handy."

Lori, what is stunning about the Bills' campaign of illusion is how readily the desperate customers contnue to buy into this scam. Bernie Madoff must be very jealous at the marketing genius of a 91 yr old shyster who is hidden behind the curtain. The staff must have watched the Wizard of Oz. :(