Bob DiCesare---Bills win between 0-4 games this year

Big Turk

:pirate: Mannnnnnn that lame-ass excuse pisses me off. That's what everyone said last year when almost all thought Seattle, Jacksonville, and San Diego were going to make the beginning of the season a disaster, Miami was going to suck again, The Pats* were going to win 14 games, etc. Before the year begins, the schedule means JACK SH*T so stop acting like it does. Teams get better. Team get worse. Guys get injured. No one can predict any of those things accurately enough to start crying about a "killer schedule". Please stop it.

Stupid is as stupid does Lt. Dan.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bucs and Chiefs didn't add their alleged starting LT to the scrapheap, though.

I'm on record as saying both moves could turn out to be upgrades, but I'm definitely not a fan of the timing ...

I am confused - hadn't Bell already replaced Walker as starter at LT ? So essentially at worst, we kicked our RT to the curb - which is only slightly worse. I think a more legitimate question would have been why the coaches waited so long to realize that Bell may be better at LT than Walker. Perhaps two pre-season games may have been enough ?

Again, I think the outrage and nervousness stems from both events happening (canning of Schonert & release of LW) in such rapid fashion and so late into the pre-season.

My concerns are slightly different than wondering what we will miss by getting rid of LW:

- How adequate will AVP be as an OC ? How much time will he need to get his offense clicking ? Is he truly an OC or just a pass play caller ? Finally, when do we know if he has the chops to cut it as a coordinator ?

- What do we do about the lack of depth on the OL ?

Brian Billick is rarely tongue tied, but when asked about the Bills he had to pause to search for adjectives and ended up sputtering something like: "It's just wrong. I've never seen anything like it."
Link to this? Or full quote? I have not yet seen this...

Neither have I, but I'm guessing it was a radio or TV appearance. On a positive note, the NYC writer I discussed this with had also spoken to Billick, who thinks the players will give Jauron the benefit of the doubt on both moves. Obviously, keeping the locker room behind him means far more than anything we type or say outside it.

I am confused - hadn't Bell already replaced Walker as starter at LT ? So essentially at worst, we kicked our RT to the curb - which is only slightly worse. I think a more legitimate question would have been why the coaches waited so long to realize that Bell may be better at LT than Walker. Perhaps two pre-season games may have been enough ?

Again, I think the outrage and nervousness stems from both events happening (canning of Schonert & release of LW) in such rapid fashion and so late into the pre-season.

My concerns are slightly different than wondering what we will miss by getting rid of LW:

- How adequate will AVP be as an OC ? How much time will he need to get his offense clicking ? Is he truly an OC or just a pass play caller ? Finally, when do we know if he has the chops to cut it as a coordinator ?

- What do we do about the lack of depth on the OL ?

It was moving in that direction before Bell's injury, and several people have told me how much Brandon loves the kid's potential. They truly do think they have another Peters. (The 2007 on-the-field version of Peters, that is.)

But as of this week's game release -- the depth chart on Page 45, to be precise -- Walker was still listed as the starter at LT.

It was moving in that direction before Bell's injury, and several people have told me how much Brandon loves the kid's potential. They truly do think they have another Peters. (The 2007 on-the-field version of Peters, that is.)

But as of this week's game release -- the depth chart on Page 45, to be precise -- Walker was still listed as the starter at LT.

No offense, but I would give this more weight if Brandon were a 'football guy' rather than a marketing genius.

No offense, but I would give this more weight if Brandon were a 'football guy' rather than a marketing genius.

None taken. The collective "they" means the front office, of course; Brandon's was merely the name relayed to me.

Thirdly, T.O. catches balls that Reed and Parrish can only catch in their wet dreams, so we have NO IDEA how well we will move the ball when he's back in there. Unless we watch tapes of T.O. from his time in Philly, Big-D, and San Fran, which would then make us, possibly, somewhat optimistic about our chances to move the chains repeatedly.

Go take a look at the number of balls dropped by Reed last year versus the number dropped by Owens. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Welcome to the Wildly Overreacting Bandwagon. You probably won't find a seat since 90% of the city has tried to climb aboard, but perhaps you can hold onto the bumper...

I keep looking at our schedule and I cannot come up with more than 6-7 wins at the absolute best. (I think 4-12 or 5-11 is most likely)

I would love to be optimistic. But I cannot. Its more about the management of the team than the roster.

I think we have some youngs guys on the Oline who will be good in a few years, but I don't think they are ready to get it done this year and I really feel like Trent is going to get seriously injured by mid-season. And even if Trent stays healthy, I still have serious doubts as to whether he is the QB to lead this team back to the playoffs some day.

But, as of right now, everyone in the NFL is 0-0 and they all have a chance. So, LETS GO BILLS.

Probably 10. I'd say that in this league coaching accounts for approx 30% of the games. The other 70% is players and proper execution. Face it this franchise is a running joke. If you remove yourself from the Turk firing, and the LT being released. You still have the same mediocre team with the same corpse coach. Believe me I am trying to get excited and get behind this team. But for crying out loud they are making it hard.

some math now -

30% of 16 games/season = approx 5 games.

Bills under DJ [this season] = 0-4 win team

Bills under Bellicheat [this season] = (0-4 wins) + (30% of 16 games) = 5-9 wins

Bills under DJ [last three years] = 7 wins each year

i.e even Bellicheat would have a hard time getting this team to 10 wins if we are truly a 0-4 win team

some math now -

30% of 16 games/season = approx 5 games.

Bills under DJ [this season] = 0-4 win team

Bills under Bellicheat [this season] = (0-4 wins) + (30% of 16 games) = 5-9 wins

Bills under DJ [last three years] = 7 wins each year

i.e even Bellicheat would have a hard time getting this team to 10 wins if we are truly a 0-4 win team

There have been only two 0 win teams in the history of the NFL. We are NOT a 0-4 win team.

Brian Billick is rarely tongue tied, but when asked about the Bills he had to pause to search for adjectives and ended up sputtering something like: "It's just wrong. I've never seen anything like it."

Don't you mean "offensive genius" Brian Billick? :pirate:

I'll bet everyone here if honestly believes the Bills will only win 4 or less games $25. We can sticky this and exchange info. To the naysays, put your $ where your mouth is. If they are really bad, you are getting some easy money.

:pirate: Mannnnnnn that lame-ass excuse pisses me off. That's what everyone said last year when almost all thought Seattle, Jacksonville, and San Diego were going to make the beginning of the season a disaster, Miami was going to suck again, The Pats* were going to win 14 games, etc. Before the year begins, the schedule means JACK SH*T so stop acting like it does. Teams get better. Team get worse. Guys get injured. No one can predict any of those things accurately enough to start crying about a "killer schedule". Please stop it.

I think the schedule should be more of a guide than anything else. You can get an idea of the difficulty based on the previous year's record, what players the teams added & lost, etc., but it's not an all-knowing indicator of exactly how the Bills will do. It became pretty obvious a year ago that the only "quality" win of the 5-1 start was against San Diego, and they were an 8-8 team at the end of it all.

But I'll stand behind Lt Dan - you only know how difficult the schedule was at the end of the season.

I think the schedule should be more of a guide than anything else. You can get an idea of the difficulty based on the previous year's record, what players the teams added & lost, etc., but it's not an all-knowing indicator of exactly how the Bills will do. It became pretty obvious a year ago that the only "quality" win of the 5-1 start was against San Diego, and they were an 8-8 team at the end of it all.

But I'll stand behind Lt Dan - you only know how difficult the schedule was at the end of the season.

exactly - because almost no team except the Bills has the same record as the previous year! we did it three straight years to boot!

wait, i think the Colts also had straight 12+ win seasons for some crazy number of years