Thanks a lot Marv...

VJ91

Marv's 'regime' totally sh-- the bed in 2006. He may have been nothing but a 'figurehead' when it came to drafting Lil Donte at #8, burning 2 Day 1 picks for McCargo, and all those garbage free agents.... but the high character BS & hiring DJ is all on him. He probably also shares some of the blame for installing this loser Tampa 2 scheme. And 2007 doesn't look much better now at all.

As a result, Levy's legacy is forever tarnished in my eyes, he just should've told Ralph NO. I think Russ Brandon is by no means perfect, but he is doing a much better job as GM, especially when you consider the mess that Marv left him.

Bingo

Thanks a lot Marv...

You're Welcome.

Why is this a surprise to anyone? Why was being a HOF Coach any sign of being any kind of GM? He never apprenticed in any sub GM position? Like Matt Millen he was out of the league; so add this to Wilson's marching orders = garbage

Just a series of mind-blowing stupid decisions.

Even as he manages the Bills as an asset it makes no sense. Wouldn't trying to win a little be part of any plan?

Blame Donahoe. Blame Marv, Blame Modrak, Blame Jauron, Blame the players. At the end of the day no one is satisfied with anything over the last 10 years. I am just as frustrated as the next guy but pointing fingers at people right not, or any time wont do much. The best thing we can do right now is cheer on our Bills in 2009.

Trust me I'm one of those annoying Bills fans that B word and moan during game when sh-- goes wrong because all I wanna see is the team I love win. But right now I'm trying to be as positive as possible. Dont get me wrong I'm having my doubts, but you gotta look forward to any potential we have right now.

Exactly. People hate Walker, but now that he is cut they will find somethng else to B word about.

Maybe Matlock episodes?

Drinking lots of metamucil.

If I'm not mistaken, none of Marv's UFA acquisitions are with the team right now. And barely any of them are in the league.

They are gone: Tripplett, Royal, Fowler, P. Price, Bowen, K. Thomas, A. Thomas, Nall, Reyes, A. Davis (2006) and Dockery, Walker, Whittle, Webster. 14 for 14 in two years.

Drinking lots of metamucil.

They are gone: Tripplett, Royal, Fowler, P. Price, Bowen, K. Thomas, A. Thomas, Nall, Reyes, A. Davis (2006) and Dockery, Walker, Whittle, Webster. 14 for 14 in two years.

John Guy should take a bow. :thumbdown:

how a guy with that track record still has a job has to be worthy of the Guiness Book of World Records

It was a stretch in 2006 to think that Levy would be the prototypical GM, and it definitely is a stretch now. Levy was parachuted in to re-establish Wilson's control of the team. But Wilson didn't blow up the remnants of TD's personnel staff, and that's where the biggest problems lie. Levy's main fault was pushing for Jauron, but even at that, he was the # 3 choice after Mularkey walked out and Sherman walked away.

So again, Levy's problem is that people thought he'd be the second coming of Bill Polian, when there was no justification for that expectation.

There are coaches out there RIGHT now that would win with this roster. Period.

Who?

Nobody Ralphie will sign. Anyone worth it would want to, no demand to be GM.

No way, even with the purge we will see by week 5 and in the post season, that

the "Golden Boy" would allow that...GM is his gig.

No matter what, until Modrak, Guy and DJ are gone and Golden Boy goes back to

selling tickets do we ever win again.

It's kind of funny how everone is ripping Modrak yet two days ago I read posts stating how this is our best draft ever. So which is it?? Maybe the truth is this is a good draft as Modrak didn't have anyone else making the final decisions for him. Maybe he didn't want Whitner, but Marv did, so TM lost out on the final say. This time no one else but him making the picks, or at least at a minimum he had a much bigger say.

On the other hand totally agree that John Guy has been terrible.

Why was being a HOF Coach any sign of being any kind of GM?

Yes but you have many people here arguing how Kelly should be the QB coach, same thing a person with no experience in a job but was a hall of fame player. The one thing Kelly was often called was a "gunslinger" Why would you want a gunslinger as a coach?? Doesn't sound like a good approach to me!

What is Brandon done that is so bad?? In todays NFL you need someone who is buisness smart, maybe even more than football smart as you can bring people in like Modrak etc, to make the player decisions for you. Yuo can debate whether Modrak is or isn't the right person, but you can still have football people under him making those types of decisions. Having someone else over them keeps them in check more. Personally I think Brandon has done a better job than John Butler as Bulter's problem was he was a scout foremost and loved every player he ever say, never had anything bad to say about anyone, AND way overpaid for talent. I recall Bruce Smiths last contract at the time was way overboard for someone his age.

No matter what, until Modrak, Guy and DJ are gone and Golden Boy goes back to

selling tickets do we ever win again.

What is Brandon done that is so bad?? In todays NFL you need someone who is buisness smart, maybe even more than football smart as you can bring people in like Modrak etc, to make the player decisions for you. Yuo can debate whether Modrak is or isn't the right person, but you can still have football people under him making those types of decisions. Having someone else over them keeps them in check more. Personally I think Brandon has done a better job than John Butler as Bulter's problem was he was a scout foremost and loved every player he ever say, never had anything bad to say about anyone, AND way overpaid for talent. I recall Bruce Smiths last contract at the time was way overboard for someone his age.

We won't know until after the first few games, or maybe the entire season to see how good this team is.

Maybe they'll surprise us and do well. I just don't see it.

My belief is, this team needs a top down overhaul. Everyone goes and bring in a coah/GM, take your pick,

who will run it all. Won't happen.

There goes the last of Ralph's $29 Million dollars his fellow "Golden Boy" Marv Levy spent on the offensive line in 2006. $14 Million down the drain on Dockery, and $15 Million on his buddy Langston Walker. Throw in that underwhelming #8 overall draft pick, Levy's first as GM, Donte' Whitner, who still hasn't made a standout play going into his 4th NFL season as starting strong safety, and has since been pushed over to free safety, and you really have to hand it to our old Hall of Fame coach. I remember Marv bragging about how he wanted to rebuild his defense from the middle out. Um, well, wouldn't Halati Ngata fit that idea better then Donte Whitner, a hard hitting but slow strong safety who does not have a natural knack for covering tight ends, intercepting the ball, or making tackles near or behind the line of scrimmage?

And as we worry about the lame preseason Trent Edwards, another Levy draft pick, has had going into the Monday Night game, may I remind everyone that Jay Cutler was still on the board when he chose Donte "The Answer for the Middle of Marv's New Defense" Whitner.

You know I loved Marv as a coach, despite losing all 4 SB's in a row. But man he sucked as a GM for two years! :unsure::censored:

hindsight is 20/20

your brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!

It was a stretch in 2006 to think that Levy would be the prototypical GM, and it definitely is a stretch now. Levy was parachuted in to re-establish Wilson's control of the team. But Wilson didn't blow up the remnants of TD's personnel staff, and that's where the biggest problems lie. Levy's main fault was pushing for Jauron, but even at that, he was the # 3 choice after Mularkey walked out and Sherman walked away.

So again, Levy's problem is that people thought he'd be the second coming of Bill Polian, when there was no justification for that expectation.

Its simple, Marv was a "stop gap" choice for GM, just like the players he brought in. Marv was never going to stick around more then a couple years, and he was only brought in to try and bring some control back to a team that had lost all control with TD. The player he brought in were temporary player brought in to help carry the team until they could replace them with drafted players. A-Train, Reyes, Tripplett, P. Price................ none of them were supposed to be corner stones to championship teams, they were stop gaps. Players who were veterans to help mentor the young players, or guys that had ptoential and could help improve the team now.

What people don't think about when it comes to signing players and coaches is that the player and/or coach have to also want to sign here. Its not like Buffalo is the biggest market with tons of media attention, or great nightlifes with celebrities. They also forget that some of the big teams today, Indy, NE, etc went through many years of struggling and top picks before they got where they are. If it wasn't for Manning in INdy, or NE lucking out with Brady, those teams would not be where they are today.

Another thing is everyone thinks Buffalo has been one of the worst teams just because its playoff drought, but Buffalo fans haven't had it too bad and there are fans that would love to have the Bills record the last decade +. Buffalo has been a mediocre team this last decade. 7-9 is mediocre, not bad. But apparently its better to have one good yeaqr and then have to sit through many truly bad years. I'm sure 49er, Lions, Raiders, Browns fans would love to atleast say the last decade they have been mediocre.

Yes but you have many people here arguing how Kelly should be the QB coach, same thing a person with no experience in a job but was a hall of fame player. The one thing Kelly was often called was a "gunslinger" Why would you want a gunslinger as a coach?? Doesn't sound like a good approach to me!

People were calling for Jim to be the OC just cause he was a HOF QB. Well they would call for him to be OC until the Bills miss the playoffs, then they will all bash Ralph and the Front Office for such a stupid move