Thanks a lot Marv...

VJ91

There goes the last of Ralph's $29 Million dollars his fellow "Golden Boy" Marv Levy spent on the offensive line in 2006. $14 Million down the drain on Dockery, and $15 Million on his buddy Langston Walker. Throw in that underwhelming #8 overall draft pick, Levy's first as GM, Donte' Whitner, who still hasn't made a standout play going into his 4th NFL season as starting strong safety, and has since been pushed over to free safety, and you really have to hand it to our old Hall of Fame coach. I remember Marv bragging about how he wanted to rebuild his defense from the middle out. Um, well, wouldn't Halati Ngata fit that idea better then Donte Whitner, a hard hitting but slow strong safety who does not have a natural knack for covering tight ends, intercepting the ball, or making tackles near or behind the line of scrimmage?

And as we worry about the lame preseason Trent Edwards, another Levy draft pick, has had going into the Monday Night game, may I remind everyone that Jay Cutler was still on the board when he chose Donte "The Answer for the Middle of Marv's New Defense" Whitner.

You know I loved Marv as a coach, despite losing all 4 SB's in a row. But man he sucked as a GM for two years! :wallbash::cry:

There goes the last of Ralph's $29 Million dollars his fellow "Golden Boy" Marv Levy spent on the offensive line in 2006. $14 Million down the drain on Dockery, and $15 Million on his buddy Langston Walker. Throw in that underwhelming #8 overall draft pick, Levy's first as GM, Donte' Whitner, who still hasn't made a standout play going into his 4th NFL season as starting strong safety, and has since been pushed over to free safety, and you really have to hand it to our old Hall of Fame coach. I remember Marv bragging about how he wanted to rebuild his defense from the middle out. Um, well, wouldn't Halati Ngata fit that idea better then Donte Whitner, a hard hitting but slow strong safety who does not have a natural knack for covering tight ends, intercepting the ball, or making tackles near or behind the line of scrimmage?

And as we worry about the lame preseason Trent Edwards, another Levy draft pick, has had going into the Monday Night game, may I remind everyone that Jay Cutler was still on the board when he chose Donte "The Answer for the Middle of Marv's New Defense" Whitner.

You know I loved Marv as a coach, despite losing all 4 SB's in a row. But man he sucked as a GM for two years! :thumbdown::censored:

Agreed, but unfortuntely, to me, the two guys who really suck on still at OBD, and thats Modrak and Guy. Yoy really don't think at 80 something Marv was spending 16 hrs a day watching tape do you?

The first thing Marv did was revamp the entire Offensive line. He went out and got the big name (Dockery) and a bunch of other veterans to try to shore up the line. He concentrated a lot of energy and money into rebuilding a piss poor line.

It's not directly his fault that the players underperformed or have been cut for better, younger, cheaper talent. But frankly, THAT WAS THE PLAN THE ENTIRE TIME. Bring in guys better than what you have now, and replace them with better, cheaper guys through the draft a few years later.

What part of that plan didnt happen?

You know I loved Marv as a coach, despite losing all 4 SB's in a row. But man he sucked as a GM for two years! :thumbdown::censored:

The Bills could have paid Peters twice what he asked if they hadn't wasted money. If they cut Walker and Dockery right after the season it is easy to afford whatever Peters wanted.

Holy sh*t.... This can't be happening. Our ProBowl LT is gone and we have Karl Malone at LT....

Maybe Matlock episodes?

:thumbdown: Very good! :w00t:

But the earlier poster was right. Modrak and Guy are still here, and Levy was more of a "sounding board" and "consensus maker" then real NFL GM. Well, it is time to stop living in the past, but one more comment: why the hell didn't Wilson send Modrak and Guy packing along with Donahoe before he called on his old friend Marv to help out?? :censored:

The Bills could have paid Peters twice what he asked if they hadn't wasted money. If they cut Walker and Dockery right after the season it is easy to afford whatever Peters wanted.

Holy sh*t.... This can't be happening. Our ProBowl LT is gone and we have Karl Malone at LT....

Are we going to run the pick and roll now?

...no, we only get "Son of Karl Malone" at LT. Or, at least we think he's Malone's son...I don't think Demetrius and his Dad are on very good speaking terms these days, or any days for that matter. But if Bell has some of his Dad's natural athletic ability who knows? He could be our next Jason Peters. In the meantime, noting that Bell's back up is a guy the Bills feel so strongly about they cut last Saturday and then scrambled to bring back today, I think DJ should mail or e-mail or text or tweet a huge thank you to genious Bill for trading Seymour away before the game next week!! :thumbdown:

Agreed, but unfortuntely, to me, the two guys who really suck on still at OBD, and thats Modrak and Guy. Yoy really don't think at 80 something Marv was spending 16 hrs a day watching tape do you?

I'm with you on that one. I think Modrak has screwed up this team big time.

The first thing Marv did was revamp the entire Offensive line. He went out and got the big name (Dockery) and a bunch of other veterans to try to shore up the line. He concentrated a lot of energy and money into rebuilding a piss poor line.

It's not directly his fault that the players underperformed or have been cut for better, younger, cheaper talent. But frankly, THAT WAS THE PLAN THE ENTIRE TIME. Bring in guys better than what you have now, and replace them with better, cheaper guys through the draft a few years later.

The part about it working and getting the team back to the playoffs....

Marv's 'regime' totally sh-- the bed in 2006. He may have been nothing but a 'figurehead' when it came to drafting Lil Donte at #8, burning 2 Day 1 picks for McCargo, and all those garbage free agents.... but the high character BS & hiring DJ is all on him. He probably also shares some of the blame for installing this loser Tampa 2 scheme. And 2007 doesn't look much better now at all.

As a result, Levy's legacy is forever tarnished in my eyes, he just should've told Ralph NO. I think Russ Brandon is by no means perfect, but he is doing a much better job as GM, especially when you consider the mess that Marv left him.

winning?

That whole "winning" thing us fans like to see...

Marv's 'regime' totally sh-- the bed in 2006. He may have been nothing but a 'figurehead' when it came to drafting Lil Donte at #8, burning 2 Day 1 picks for McCargo, and all those garbage free agents.... but the high character BS & hiring DJ is all on him. He probably also shares some of the blame for installing this loser Tampa 2 scheme. And 2007 doesn't look much better now at all.

As a result, Levy's legacy is forever tarnished in my eyes, he just should've told Ralph NO. I think Russ Brandon is by no means perfect, but he is doing a much better job as GM, especially when you consider the mess that Marv left him.

What he said....

Blame Donahoe. Blame Marv, Blame Modrak, Blame Jauron, Blame the players. At the end of the day no one is satisfied with anything over the last 10 years. I am just as frustrated as the next guy but pointing fingers at people right not, or any time wont do much. The best thing we can do right now is cheer on our Bills in 2009.

Trust me I'm one of those annoying Bills fans that B word and moan during game when sh-- goes wrong because all I wanna see is the team I love win. But right now I'm trying to be as positive as possible. Dont get me wrong I'm having my doubts, but you gotta look forward to any potential we have right now.