Langston Walker released/Kirk Chambers re-signed

Warren Zevon

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying they will be 1-15 because the cut Walker. Walker sucked. He didn't want to be at LT and it showed. I had the Bills at 3-13 before they cut Walker. I'm not saying Walker was worth two wins either. If anything his contribution was worth more losses than anything. What I am saying is the OL as a whole is very young and very inexperienced. Takes time to build a solid O-line. 1987 for example. Wolford, Devlin, Hull, Ritcher, Ballard. Devlin was the veteran and was out after 88. Young, mostly inexperienced line. Ballard almost got Kelly killed a few times. By 1990 they were one of the best if not the best in the NFL. Is there a plan now? Play the young guys- Levitre, Wood, Bell along with Hangartner and who? Chambers? and let them develop together, if that is the case, great. We all know it is going to be a long, long year with a young o-line. I'm cool with that, if that is the plan. My problem is the head coach is not and should not be part of any rebuilding plan and the Bills should not say it is anything other than a rebuilding plan at this point. The TO signing baffles me more and more. This team is in no position to compete this year. Give me a new- GOOD- head coach and let's see what the plan is going forward. Right now they just seem like a big, giant mess with no direction and no plan. I'd start by scraping the no-huddle. Fewer plays the offense runs the better it will be for Edwards. More he takes a beating the worse he will be, now and going forward.

Holy crap! I take a day to get some house work done and they cut our starting LT?!?! I'm tired and its late, so I don't have the inclination to read all 16 pages, but what gives??? Why not trade him?

Is there anything of substance in here or is this 300 posts of people saying we're doomed?

Holy crap! I take a day to get some house work done and they cut our starting LT?!?! I'm tired and its late, so I don't have the inclination to read all 16 pages, but what gives??? Why not trade him?

Is there anything of substance in here or is this 300 posts of people saying we're doomed?

Supposedly, they tried to trade him, with no takers.

Decent mix of "we're dooomed" and "good -- he sucked anyway." Looking forward to the media day festivities tomorrow; guessing that could turn out to be a lot of fun. :unsure:

Decent mix of "we're dooomed" and "good -- he sucked anyway." Looking forward to the media day festivities tomorrow; guessing that could turn out to be a lot of fun. :censored:

Thanks for the update. :unsure:

Has there ever been so much turmoil in the week before the season opener? I mean, wow. Hard to believe they'd just cut him though. I guess they saved alot of cash. Oh well.

We actually get this ridiculous chaotic ineptitude as the celebration of the team's 50th year?!? Whoo Hoo.....Party Time!!!

Love your avatar. Pretty sure that was opening day '69, with our all-rookie backfield (Harris, Earthquake and Juice). I think I see O'Donell in there too. I wonder if that's Kalsu blocking Philbin..

Anyway, thanks for the memory. Kinda put's an all new OL in perspective..

Love your avatar. Pretty sure that was opening day '69, with our all-rookie backfield (Harris, Earthquake and Juice). I think I see O'Donell in there too. I wonder if that's Kalsu blocking Philbin..

Anyway, thanks for the memory. Kinda put's an all new OL in perspective..

Thank You my friend.

Walker stunk. Another of John Guy's great scouting decisions. Good riddance.

Let's see what Bell can do. He won't be any worse than Walker would have been.

Amen. I am a little surprised at the reaction around here. It's not like they cut Evans, Lynch or Maybin. It's Langston Freaking Walker, an extraordinarily average RT and a severely below average LT. Bell at LT and Butler at RT is better than any combo including Walker.

That begs the question......WHEN did they try to trade him? Did they realize in the last week or so that he cannot play LT, and they no longer wanted him on the team? Or, did they know months ago, and simply let Peters walk? It would seem to me that if this was planned just a little, they could have got a mid round draft pick for him. The Bills need all the draft picks they can get, taking into consideration that half of them will be on defensive backs.

And Lori, what about the Chambers cut? What was that all about? I just cannot understand what these people are doing. :devil:

Geezz...the way many of you were saying the offensive line was playing in the preseason, I'd have thought we'd trade him for a first round draft choice to someone. The fact is, as I've said all along, we are crippled on offense because of the offensive line. AVP will have to work around a bad line to make anything happen. Walker wasn't getting the job done.

That begs the question......WHEN did they try to trade him? Did they realize in the last week or so that he cannot play LT, and they no longer wanted him on the team? Or, did they know months ago, and simply let Peters walk? It would seem to me that if this was planned just a little, they could have got a mid round draft pick for him. The Bills need all the draft picks they can get, taking into consideration that half of them will be on defensive backs.

And Lori, what about the Chambers cut? What was that all about? I just cannot understand what these people are doing. :devil:

Chris Brown inferred that they cut Chambers to keep Walker under contract for a few more days to try and trade him. I don't know if that's true or not. My suspicion (pure speculation) is that AVP didn't feel like he could make that call only being on the job for a few hours and never even running the offensive practice with Walker at LT.

as for the trade, it seems that there isn't really much demand for right tackles out there.

My guess would be that they were looking for something else to happen and it didn't so they were forced to play a bad hand. Again. Perhaps the rumor that Runyan flat out turned down a team that offered him a visit was accurate. Perhaps the Walker trade option involved players and not just future picks.

Funny thing... they just talked about it on NFL TA. Nothing new reported, of course. However, I found it funny that while talking about how Walker was beat alot during preseason and wasn't making the transition smoothly, they showed clips of Edwards getting sacked during the preseason games.

Funny part was that in each clip it was a guy from the right side getting the sack. Walker actually stood his guy up fairly well each time or pushed him out of the way. So I ask, was he really that bad at LT?

Chris Brown inferred that they cut Chambers to keep Walker under contract for a few more days to try and trade him. I don't know if that's true or not. My suspicion (pure speculation) is that AVP didn't feel like he could make that call only being on the job for a few hours and never even running the offensive practice with Walker at LT.

as for the trade, it seems that there isn't really much demand for right tackles out there.

That makes sense, but I do disagree wrt the trade value of RTs. A mid round draft pick would have seemed a reasonable way to go. There is always a need for these guys.

What has, and will continue to irk me is the way that Jauron approaches the OL. Since he has been here, the Bills have drafted 275 defensive backs and even brought in a bunch of UFA dbs to compete for spots. The man, intellect and all, seems to have no knowledge of how to build a winning football team. Jauron should be a defensive backs assistant coach, and nothing else.