Pats 10.5 over Bills

GR8PRKN

I don't see the game being a blowout. I think Belichick knows he has the better personnel and that he will deploy a methodical gameplan rather than wide-open higher risk approach. In Brady's first game in a year I don't see him asking the QB to do too much. If I were beting though, I'd take the Pats minus 10.5.

Completely agree. I wouldn't be surprised if the score is 24-6 or something along those lines. Our defense will play pretty well, but our offense won't.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree there will be no tendencies to look at, but most teams work on keys at the line. Who's positioned where? Who's coming in? What "package" they're using? etc. However if the offense is simplified by using a true no huddle, there shouldn't be any personnel changes during a drive or very little. If this offense under AVP plays fast and efficient, Bellichick* Defensive short commings will become apparent (new 4-3 with weak secondary). Could be shootout, in which case we lose close. Less than 7.

shootout?? lose close??

wow, that's reaaaaal optimism if i've ever seen it. it's AVP who's the new OC, not Shanahan!!

besides, the personnel has not changed, and neither will the final product from what we saw in the preseason.

9/10 8:30 ET At Pittsburgh -5.5 Tennessee 35

9/13 1:00 ET At Atlanta -4 Miami 43

9/13 1:00 ET At Baltimore -11 Kansas City 37

9/13 1:00 ET Philadelphia -1 At Carolina 43

9/13 1:00 ET At Cincinnati -4 Denver 43.5

9/13 1:00 ET Minnesota -4 At Cleveland 40

9/13 1:00 ET At Houston -4.5 NY Jets 43

9/13 1:00 ET At Indianapolis -7 Jacksonville 44.5

9/13 1:00 ET At New Orleans -13 Detroit 48.5

9/13 1:00 ET Dallas -5.5 At Tampa Bay 39

9/13 4:15 ET At Arizona -6.5 San Francisco 46

9/13 4:15 ET At NY Giants -6.5 Washington 37.5

9/13 4:15 ET At Seattle -7.5 St. Louis 41.5

9/13 8:20 ET At Green Bay -3.5 Chicago 46

Monday Night Football Line

9/14 7:00 ET At New England -10.5 Buffalo 47.5

9/14 10:15 ET San Diego -9.5 At Oakland 43

I can not believe that only the Lions are giving more points than the Bills. Hell Oakland is giving 9.5 and they are sappose to be a train wreck. I know I am hoping for the best as there is nothing I hate more that the Patriots but 10.5... WOW

GO BILLS!!

Makes sense to me. Brady/Moss/Welker shouldn't have any problem hanging 28+ points on us.

Patriots by 10.5 over the Bills?

That must be the spread for the first half.

Seriously, I don't see how any being that walks upright can figure that Buffalo having a new OC will throw opponents off very much, especially The Hooded One. It might be different if AVP had more experience or if the Bills had better players or better overall coaching staff...but not as things are. (I'd love to be wrong though.)

Go Bills

shootout?? lose close??

wow, that's reaaaaal optimism if i've ever seen it. it's AVP who's the new OC, not Shanahan!!

besides, the personnel has not changed, and neither will the final product from what we saw in the preseason.

preseason had no coordination. i believe Schonert was being deliberately obtuse, based on his dislike of jauron's desires. it may be AVP calling the plays, but the Book he's using is the same. My understanding is we will be simplifying and speeding up. That alone should slow the defense. Also, I haven't seen slants since the HOF game. Against NE they should work well, especially with TO back in the lineup.

I'd take the Pats* and give you 17 points. It kills me to say it but I don't see how Edwards gets out of this game alive. 24-0 at half time 38 - 10 final. Brady will be playing catch with Moss all night. The Bills just don't have the talent to play these guys.

Fire Modrack, Guy, Jauron and start from scratch.

I'd put the line at closer to 13-14, but that said, I think we all need to remember that there's a reason they play these games. The loss of Seymour takes their D down a few notches and our D is a better than average one, IMHO, especially if Maybin and Schobel can get some pressure. If Brady has an off night, or isn't fully recovered, then I think our D helps us keep this close and it's up to the to this point lifeless O to put some points up, ideally with some help from ST, where we do excel. That said, I can see why the spread is as high as it is easily.

I'll just end by saying what I usually say before every Pats* game--I just don't want the refs to decide it. Too many times that team* seems to get a little "too lucky" in close games vis-a-vis largesse from the refs. They haven't needed it often against us in the past, but the times they have (the most recent being game 1 of the 2007 season when we got completely jobbed) they seem to get it.....

shootout?? lose close??

My brain tells me we get crushed because NE* is far superior in overall talent and coaching.

I am just hopeful that we get a few breaks and get some turnovers like we did in the Dallas MNF game.

On paper, it looks like a blowout. But the games are not played on paper. Let's keep our fingers crossed for an upset.

That would be an awesome way to start the season.

a few weeks ago they was a post about the spread and someone made a great point. What if you had bet money against the bills every super bowl. They lose and you get paid. They win and who cares about the money. It convinced me I for one think i might have to bet against them. But this is crazy i was expecting a 13-14 point spread at least to open with 15/16 by gametime. Hope I can get my bet in soon and lose my money on monday :-)

9/10 8:30 ET At Pittsburgh -5.5 Tennessee 35

9/13 1:00 ET At Atlanta -4 Miami 43

9/13 1:00 ET At Baltimore -11 Kansas City 37

9/13 1:00 ET Philadelphia -1 At Carolina 43

9/13 1:00 ET At Cincinnati -4 Denver 43.5

9/13 1:00 ET Minnesota -4 At Cleveland 40

9/13 1:00 ET At Houston -4.5 NY Jets 43

9/13 1:00 ET At Indianapolis -7 Jacksonville 44.5

9/13 1:00 ET At New Orleans -13 Detroit 48.5

9/13 1:00 ET Dallas -5.5 At Tampa Bay 39

9/13 4:15 ET At Arizona -6.5 San Francisco 46

9/13 4:15 ET At NY Giants -6.5 Washington 37.5

9/13 4:15 ET At Seattle -7.5 St. Louis 41.5

9/13 8:20 ET At Green Bay -3.5 Chicago 46

Monday Night Football Line

9/14 7:00 ET At New England -10.5 Buffalo 47.5

9/14 10:15 ET San Diego -9.5 At Oakland 43

I can not believe that only the Lions are giving more points than the Bills. Hell Oakland is giving 9.5 and they are sappose to be a train wreck. I know I am hoping for the best as there is nothing I hate more that the Patriots but 10.5... WOW

GO BILLS!!

I take the Bills plus 10.5. The Pats are living on reputation, and gettign old! What happened to Bills fans? Did you all get castrated or lose your balls. Are you a little afraid of disapointment so you're setting it up that you don't care if they lose? Come on now, lets fire it up and enjoy the season! We will rock the Patsies!!! Enough with this whoa is me shiatski!!!

I take the Bills plus 10.5. The Pats are living on reputation, and gettign old! What happened to Bills fans? Did you all get castrated or lose your balls. Are you a little afraid of disapointment so you're setting it up that you don't care if they lose? Come on now, lets fire it up and enjoy the season! We will rock the Patsies!!! Enough with this whoa is me shiatski!!!

Yes, they are living off of the fact that they have one of the greatest Head Coaches and QBs of all time . They are also both in their prime. Last time Brady was healthy he threw for 50 TD's and they went undefeated during the season. Last year they won 11 games with a career backup. We have Dick J. He is 20 games under .500 for his career. He has trouble speaking let alone coaching. We are doomed.

Afraid of dissapointment? I'm a Bills fan brotha! I effin welcome that sh*t with open arms and ask if I can have another! Whoa is me............... :rolleyes:

I personally feel it is likely we will lose this game and it is likely we will lose this game by more than 10.5 points, but I laugh at the people who are convinced that it is a certainty or that 10.5 is not a reasonable starting line.

First off, Vegas isn't picking the Pats*, Vegas is trying to get even money on both sides.

Second 10.5 is a lot in the NFL.

And we don't yet know if these are the 16-0 Patriots just because Brady is playing. I think Bellichick starts the season probably erring a little on the side of caution and being methodical, and I don't think he has any reason to have Brady run up the score, or drop back and throw bombs and risk meeting Mr. Maybin or his old friend Mr. Schobel on his fixed knee more than is necessary to ensure victory. I can see this being a 23-6 game that the Bills score a late touchdown in to make a 23-13 and cover, or something like that.

Plus, the Bills defense is better than people think and the offense isn't going to be quite as bad as people think.

Don't get me wrong, if I had to pick I would pick the Pats even with the 10.5, and I think it could very likely be ugly if things start going wrong, because no-huddle 3 and outs are MUCH worse than the slow boring 75 yard drives followed by a FG that we have come to hate.

But this is the NFL, this is opening week of a QB who missed all season after a horrific injury, and I don't think this is college football like blowout is a certainty (although it is a possibility), and I think Vegas would be silly to make this a 16.5 or a 21.5 just because we feel like the Pats can score 50 and we might not score 5.