Pats 10.5 over Bills

GR8PRKN

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, they are living off of the fact that they have one of the greatest Head Coaches and QBs of all time . They are also both in their prime. Last time Brady was healthy he threw for 50 TD's and they went undefeated during the season. Last year they won 11 games with a career backup. We have Dick J. He is 20 games under .500 for his career. He has trouble speaking let alone coaching. We are doomed.

Afraid of dissapointment? I'm a Bills fan brotha! I effin welcome that sh*t with open arms and ask if I can have another! Whoa is me............... :rolleyes:

OK cool, but come on now, opening weekend here! Let's have some fun! The off season is too long to not appreciate the possibilities.

I personally feel it is likely we will lose this game and it is likely we will lose this game by more than 10.5 points, but I laugh at the people who are convinced that it is a certainty or that 10.5 is not a reasonable starting line.

First off, Vegas isn't picking the Pats*, Vegas is trying to get even money on both sides.

Second 10.5 is a lot in the NFL.

And we don't yet know if these are the 16-0 Patriots just because Brady is playing. I think Bellichick starts the season probably erring a little on the side of caution and being methodical, and I don't think he has any reason to have Brady run up the score, or drop back and throw bombs and risk meeting Mr. Maybin or his old friend Mr. Schobel on his fixed knee more than is necessary to ensure victory. I can see this being a 23-6 game that the Bills score a late touchdown in to make a 23-13 and cover, or something like that.

Plus, the Bills defense is better than people think and the offense isn't going to be quite as bad as people think.

Don't get me wrong, if I had to pick I would pick the Pats even with the 10.5, and I think it could very likely be ugly if things start going wrong, because no-huddle 3 and outs are MUCH worse than the slow boring 75 yard drives followed by a FG that we have come to hate.

But this is the NFL, this is opening week of a QB who missed all season after a horrific injury, and I don't think this is college football like blowout is a certainty (although it is a possibility), and I think Vegas would be silly to make this a 16.5 or a 21.5 just because we feel like the Pats can score 50 and we might not score 5.

the odds are gonna shoot up on this game in the last few days....my guess to 14

As a Bills fan who lives in Boston and who has been to every game the Bills have ever played at Gillette...........

I'll take the Pats :unsure:

And be laughed at again as I walk out of the stadium with my Thurmanator jersey on.

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!

Lets go Bills.

As a Bills fan who lives in Boston and who has been to every game the Bills have ever played at Gillette...........

I'll take the Pats :unsure:

And be laughed at again as I walk out of the stadium with my Thurmanator jersey on.

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!

Lets go Bills.

Give them the Brian Cox salute when you are leaving!!!!

That's not even a remotely accurate assessment of how oddsmakers work.

If your intent was to be helpful, you failed. Care to enighten us? Oddsmakers certainly do set lines based upon the spread they feel will attract even money to both sides. Is this inaccurate?

My Bills optimism was ripped out of my soul last season after 30+ years of torture. I am so cynical now that I actually annoy myself.

John ..or rather Mr. Cocktosten..I've had 45 years in the trenches.The first 2 yrs were wonderful.Then the nightmare began.

If your intent was to be helpful, you failed. Care to enighten us? Oddsmakers certainly do set lines based upon the spread they feel will attract even money to both sides. Is this inaccurate?

You are correct sir. And NE being the bigger place...they kept the odds low to suck in all those NE bets.The betting wont stop until the points hit 14

Holy Mother of God......................

Major money on teasing the Saints to -6 at home over the Lions

along with

Pats to -3.5 at home over Buffalo.

The only downer about this bet would be waiting until after Monday Night Collect.

Holy Mother of God......................

Major money on teasing the Saints to -6 at home over the Lions

along with

Pats to -3.5 at home over Buffalo.

The only downer about this bet would be waiting until after Monday Night Collect.

or just bet the pats with pts

The offense was terrible for the bulk of last season, the O-coordinator situation is a mess.

In the last 10 Bills/Pats matchups, the Pats have beaten us each time. Our total scoring output in those games, inclusive of all scoring plays, was 0, 10, 10, 7, 6, 17, 7, 16, 6, and 17.

What have we seen that tells us that the Patriots aren't the Patriots, or that the Bills will score this time (when they haven't before - against the Pats or anyone else), or that Dick will overtake Belichick?

Yes, "any given Sunday (Monday)" applies, anything can happen. But let's be honest, this one is the Patriots or pass ... and there are a lot of other better plays on the board. If you're going to play this game, the better move might be to grab a little piece of the Patsies now on the assumption that the traditional flood of MNF favorite money will show as the game gets closer. With a little luck, and a lot of favorite money, maybe you'll catch a modest middle.