9/13 1:00 ET Dallas -5.5 At Tampa Bay 39

9/13 4:15 ET At Arizona -6.5 San Francisco 46

9/13 4:15 ET At NY Giants -6.5 Washington 37.5

9/13 4:15 ET At Seattle -7.5 St. Louis 41.5

9/13 8:20 ET At Green Bay -3.5 Chicago 46

Monday Night Football Line

9/14 7:00 ET At New England -10.5 Buffalo 47.5

9/14 10:15 ET San Diego -9.5 At Oakland 43

I can not believe that only the Lions are giving more points than the Bills. Hell Oakland is giving 9.5 and they are sappose to be a train wreck. I know I am hoping for the best as there is nothing I hate more that the Patriots but 10.5... WOW

GO BILLS!!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9/10 8:30 ET At Pittsburgh -5.5 Tennessee 35

9/13 1:00 ET At Atlanta -4 Miami 43

9/13 1:00 ET At Baltimore -11 Kansas City 37

9/13 1:00 ET Philadelphia -1 At Carolina 43

9/13 1:00 ET At Cincinnati -4 Denver 43.5

9/13 1:00 ET Minnesota -4 At Cleveland 40

9/13 1:00 ET At Houston -4.5 NY Jets 43

9/13 1:00 ET At Indianapolis -7 Jacksonville 44.5

9/13 1:00 ET At New Orleans -13 Detroit 48.5

9/13 1:00 ET Dallas -5.5 At Tampa Bay 39

9/13 4:15 ET At Arizona -6.5 San Francisco 46

9/13 4:15 ET At NY Giants -6.5 Washington 37.5

9/13 4:15 ET At Seattle -7.5 St. Louis 41.5

9/13 8:20 ET At Green Bay -3.5 Chicago 46

Monday Night Football Line

9/14 7:00 ET At New England -10.5 Buffalo 47.5

9/14 10:15 ET San Diego -9.5 At Oakland 43

I can not believe that only the Lions are giving more points than the Bills. Hell Oakland is giving 9.5 and they are sappose to be a train wreck. I know I am hoping for the best as there is nothing I hate more that the Patriots but 10.5... WOW

GO BILLS!!

well they should be 10+ underdog until they prove they can beat them. other than Head Coach, it's not like Pats look that much better on paper it's just the history of Bills getting stuffed by them that sets the spread.

sheeeit, i know i'm gonna be betting some money on this game. i don't know if we could keep the game within 10.5 against New England's second teamers.

I don't see the game being a blowout. I think Belichick knows he has the better personnel and that he will deploy a methodical gameplan rather than wide-open higher risk approach. In Brady's first game in a year I don't see him asking the QB to do too much. If I were beting though, I'd take the Pats minus 10.5.

I don't hold much stock in opening lines. Watch the line as the week goes on to see where the $$ is going, especially over the weekend. With homefield advantage, *NE is only laying 7.5, which is very surprising. I would think that the opening line would be more like -13 or -13.5.

The betting public (which is all the oddsmakers care about) believe the Bills are a mess, firing their OC 10 days before the season and returning a HC most thought would be canned after last season. They also believe TO will be a disruptive force in the locker room because that's what the national media portrays.

I actually think the line is low -- probably because that same betting public isn't quite sure whether Brady is the "old" Brady.

In any event, a double-digit line should come as no surprise to anyone. I think the "smart" money will be on the Bills, since I expect AVP to run a more basic set of plays that the Bills will drill relentlessly this week, and the Pats* don't have anything to look at or plan for with respect to how AVP calls a game.

The Pats* defense, despite what is portrayed nationally, is not a great one, and Buffalo has playmakers. I wouldn't be so bold or naive as to predict an outright Bills' win, but I do think the game will be close.

Feel free to call me out on this next Tuesday morning if I'm wrong. :thumbsup:

The betting public (which is all the oddsmakers care about) believe the Bills are a mess, firing their OC 10 days before the season and returning a HC most thought would be canned after last season. They also believe TO will be a disruptive force in the locker room because that's what the national media portrays.

I actually think the line is low -- probably because that same betting public isn't quite sure whether Brady is the "old" Brady.

In any event, a double-digit line should come as no surprise to anyone. I think the "smart" money will be on the Bills, since I expect AVP to run a more basic set of plays that the Bills will drill relentlessly this week, and the Pats* don't have anything to look at or plan for with respect to how AVP calls a game.

The Pats* defense, despite what is portrayed nationally, is not a great one, and Buffalo has playmakers. I wouldn't be so bold or naive as to predict an outright Bills' win, but I do think the game will be close.

Feel free to call me out on this next Tuesday morning if I'm wrong. :thumbsup:

I agree AVP will probably help us. The pats will not have any trending on his play calling or his tendencies. I hope the Play they work on all week are Evans and To get open. O Line hold them for 4 seconds.....

I don't hold much stock in opening lines. Watch the line as the week goes on to see where the $$ is going, especially over the weekend. With homefield advantage, *NE is only laying 7.5, which is very surprising. I would think that the opening line would be more like -13 or -13.5.

I would bet my entire bankroll that won't happen barring injury.

Feel free to call me out on this next Tuesday morning if I'm wrong. :rolleyes:

That's not even a remotely accurate assessment of how oddsmakers work.

I agree AVP will probably help us. The pats will not have any trending on his play calling or his tendencies. I hope the Play they work on all week are Evans and To get open. O Line hold them for 4 seconds.....

Agree there will be no tendencies to look at, but most teams work on keys at the line. Who's positioned where? Who's coming in? What "package" they're using? etc. However if the offense is simplified by using a true no huddle, there shouldn't be any personnel changes during a drive or very little. If this offense under AVP plays fast and efficient, Bellichick* Defensive short commings will become apparent (new 4-3 with weak secondary). Could be shootout, in which case we lose close. Less than 7.