So.... Only 2 RB's to start the season?

BTIZZLE

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care what most teams do. I look at the good teams. They all have depth at RB. Good teams keep 4-5 RBs.

Don't get me wrong. The only good things about Rhodes was that he was a proven pro player and put in the time in Rochester to at least know what is going on. He certainly did not impress.

I hope they pick up someone serviceable to get through the first 3 games.

The Bills in the 90's were pretty good teams. A couple of those years the RB's were Thurman, Davis, and Gardner.

As someone stated earlier, McIntyre will be the 3rd RB until Lynch returns.

good question - I want to know why they're keeping three QBs - like if Edwards and Fitz are knocked out Hamdan is going to win it?

If you lose your first two QBs you'd be better off letting someone Fred Jackson or Parrish run the Wildcat- then just pick up Hamdam it's not like he's going to be scooped up by another team.

The 3rd QB doesn't count for a roster spot.

Maybe the Bills only have 2 RB's, one of whom is more practice squad than NFL calliber, while the other has an injured hand, but so what? Ralph Wilson is $2 million dollars richer today because Rhodes was cut, and besides, the Bills would lose no matter how many RBs were on the roster so might as well save some jack. It's all good in the hood.

The odds overwhelmingly point to the Bills not needing a 3rd running back for the first 3 games. Go B word about something else.

I think you need to go elsewhere to express your anger at life in general. This guy has a very legitimate question. We only kept one mostly unproven back and one totally unproven back and that is it. Most any team, not just the good ones keep at least 3 backs and most 4. Between the management being fubar and Lynch being a thug, they are going to suffer for 3 games. Seems like maybe they would have kept Dominic Rhodes around for at least the first 3 games.

good question - I want to know why they're keeping three QBs - like if Edwards and Fitz are knocked out Hamdan is going to win it?

If you lose your first two QBs you'd be better off letting someone Fred Jackson or Parrish run the Wildcat- then just pick up Hamdam it's not like he's going to be scooped up by another team.

Edwards and Fitz aren't going to win it either, so what is the difference.

I think you need to go elsewhere to express your anger at life in general. This guy has a very legitimate question. We only kept one mostly unproven back and one totally unproven back and that is it. Most any team, not just the good ones keep at least 3 backs and most 4. Between the management being fubar and Lynch being a thug, they are going to suffer for 3 games. Seems like maybe they would have kept Dominic Rhodes around for at least the first 3 games.

Sure, it's risky, keeping two. But every team has to play the 53-man, 45-dressing game. Their choice was to keep another position player on the active roster until Lynch returns. When Shaud Williams was the 3rd rb - how much action did he see? :censored:

It's a dice roll, but personally if I were calling the shots, I'd do what they did - they have some thinness and question marks at other spots.

There's many ways to slice up the roster - CIN chose to keep both DD Dorsey and Brian Leonard, and only 1 FB. Dorsey and Leonard both did well in pre-season, and Dorsey showed ST flashes. They have a 2 week exemption for that whale they drafted in the #6 spot, but I think they will keep Dorsey on the team.

In any event, it's time to coach and play the players you have. Time to park the "what ifs?" Go with what you got...

The Bills also plan to use McIntyre at RB to some extent, at least, if it become necessary.

Yes, he got plenty of carries during preseason. I see this as a goal line and emergency type thing.

I think attacking a 3-4 defense with a big FB running the ball is a good idea.

I think it is a legitmate concern and I don't understand the Bills thinking in letting rhodes go. If jackson goes down we are screwed. Omon cannot pick up a blitz or block to save his life. Why not keep rhodes for the first three games at least. Doesn't make sense to me.

Think dollars, not sense.

It's a risk, no question, but why give an RB a roster spot instead of a better player at another position just because he's an RB? I think that they'll pick up another RB if someone is injured before week 3 (I think that Bruce Hall is still available...). They may even pick up Rhodes in week 2. Barring a disaster scenario with both Jackson and Omon Getting injured in the same game, we'll be ok. If that happens, there will be a lot of passing...