So.... Only 2 RB's to start the season?

BTIZZLE

Sure, it's risky, keeping two. But every team has to play the 53-man, 45-dressing game. Their choice was to keep another position player on the active roster until Lynch returns. When Shaud Williams was the 3rd rb - how much action did he see? :censored:

It's a dice roll, but personally if I were calling the shots, I'd do what they did - they have some thinness and question marks at other spots.

There's many ways to slice up the roster - CIN chose to keep both DD Dorsey and Brian Leonard, and only 1 FB. Dorsey and Leonard both did well in pre-season, and Dorsey showed ST flashes. They have a 2 week exemption for that whale they drafted in the #6 spot, but I think they will keep Dorsey on the team.

In any event, it's time to coach and play the players you have. Time to park the "what ifs?" Go with what you got...

If I remember correctly, while Shaud Williams was on the roster, he did play quite a bit of special teams, and even more so, he never was on the team with so little experience ahead of him on the depth chart. He always had an established veteran (if not a Pro Bowler) ahead of him. Right now they have RB depth with what one or two starts (while Lynch was hurt) NFL starts among them. Not that I don't agree with your post, I just didn't agree with the other person telling the original poster to "Go B word About Something Else", when the post did indeed make more sense than alot of them on this board do.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, the third string qb does count against the 53 man roster. On game day, the third QB doesn't count against the total of active players allowed, but if they come in, then your first and second qbs are not allowed back in the game.

I think the exception is if the 3rd QB comes in in the 4th QTR. Not sure.

I think the exception is if the 3rd QB comes in in the 4th QTR. Not sure.

I think Captain Caveman is correct. The 3rd QB is called the Emergency QB for a reason. If he has to come in the game at all, the first two QBs cannot return. He doesn't count against that games roster limit.