Handshaking

Bills#23Iowa

You know, despite the fact that you can't have things like this going on in college football, if you notice in the video, Blount is trying to walk past the Boise St. player, and the Boise St. guy slaps Blount on the helmet and taunts him. Who's showing the worst sportsmanship here? The guy who taunts someone else and initiates after WINNING? Or the guy who punches the jerk in the mouth for being like that? I wouldn't have had a problem with it if he didn't end up almost getting into it with the fans afterwards. He had to get dragged off the field pretty much. I think you need to give people a wake up call sometimes when they act like jerks, and maybe the Boise St. player got the message..haha.

PS: It was a pretty solid punch. The guy went down.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, despite the fact that you can't have things like this going on in college football, if you notice in the video, Blount is trying to walk past the Boise St. player, and the Boise St. guy slaps Blount on the helmet and taunts him. Who's showing the worst sportsmanship here?

yeah that's what I saw too...that BSU player probably will never do THAT again. :rolleyes:

You know, despite the fact that you can't have things like this going on in college football, if you notice in the video, Blount is trying to walk past the Boise St. player, and the Boise St. guy slaps Blount on the helmet and taunts him. Who's showing the worst sportsmanship here? The guy who taunts someone else and initiates after WINNING? Or the guy who punches the jerk in the mouth for being like that? I wouldn't have had a problem with it if he didn't end up almost getting into it with the fans afterwards. He had to get dragged off the field pretty much. I think you need to give people a wake up call sometimes when they act like jerks, and maybe the Boise St. player got the message..haha.

PS: It was a pretty solid punch. The guy went down.

no doubt the BState guy taunted him, but having watched it last night and having reviewed the replay a few times, it appears he didn't hit Blount on the helmet but on the shoulder pad.

jw

no doubt the BState guy taunted him, but having watched it last night and having reviewed the replay a few times, it appears he didn't hit Blount on the helmet but on the shoulder pad.

jw

yep, he tapped him on the shoulder as he was walking by and said something...probably not a great idea.

I really don't think much should happen to the Oregon guy...the Boise state guy clearly went up and taunted him, and then he got lit up. Thats how every backyard football game ended when I was a kid. Even the Boise coach knew what his player did was wrong and tried to stop him.

If anything the UO guy should be disciplined for whatever happened with the fans. As far as that punch goes, if you just won a game and you get in the face of your opponent and taunt him, you better be ready to get decked.

yeah. You watch it in slow mo and it appears that Blount had time to comtemplate his action of knocking that dufus out.

But he was frustrated after his 8 carries -5 yards after talking so much s%&t, the game was over, this meathead says something moronic, slaps his shoulderpad and he immediately answered it with a punch. I believe if that was it, it would easily be dealt with.

However, the actions afterward cloud the issue. The way he attacked his teammates, as well as his actions toward the fans and how he carried on. Very embarrassing for a classy program after a very miserable game for them.

Man, was I wrong on that game. Oregon has got to get better @ making in-game adjustments. Boise State came in and ran the ball strong against the Ducks, and they never countered it. They also never got their spread offense going. First year head coach Chip Kelly looked eerily similar to Dick Jauron in terms of game strategy. Trying a slow developing option play in your OWN endzone was just silly, and they paid for it.

Time to go back to the drawing board, Chip.

You got that right Rich.

14 yards of total offense in the 1st half?

That is not the Ducks we are used to seeing. They just looked lost out there.

Give credit to BSU for moving the ball and just punishing the Ducks on defense.

However there were moments where both teams played very sloppy, so I was'nt left thinking "WOW, these two teams are going to be tough to beat". Still it was their first game and there is usually a lot of rust to be worked out.

You got that right Rich.

14 yards of total offense in the 1st half?

That is not the Ducks we are used to seeing. They just looked lost out there.

Give credit to BSU for moving the ball and just punishing the Ducks on defense.

However there were moments where both teams played very sloppy, so I was'nt left thinking "WOW, these two teams are going to be tough to beat". Still it was their first game and there is usually a lot of rust to be worked out.

yeah - too bad they don't play 5 pre-season games to get ready for the season.

not sure how these colleges turn over their entire team every 3-4 years and manage to compete with only a game or 2 agasinst some punching bag opponent.

You know, despite the fact that you can't have things like this going on in college football, if you notice in the video, Blount is trying to walk past the Boise St. player, and the Boise St. guy slaps Blount on the helmet and taunts him. Who's showing the worst sportsmanship here? The guy who taunts someone else and initiates after WINNING? Or the guy who punches the jerk in the mouth for being like that?

Is this a serious question?

Physical violence is not an appropriate reaction to verbal baiting. The guy who punches loses the mental battle and is the bigger idiot here, IMO. He could have walked a way, or said something about the other dude's sister. Better yet, shake his hand and show himself a better man.

But the punching choice is way more entertaining for us. So that's something. :thumbsup:

BTW, here's a link that works (at least for now):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0kk-LQ5IgI

Is this a serious question?

Physical violence is not an appropriate reaction to verbal baiting. The guy who punches loses the mental battle and is the bigger idiot here, IMO. He could have walked a way, or said something about the other dude's sister. Better yet, shake his hand and show himself a better man.

But the punching choice is way more entertaining for us. So that's something. :thumbsup:

BTW, here's a link that works (at least for now):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0kk-LQ5IgI

the whole game is about entertaining people with physical violence. every year, kids punch each other, take each others knees out, get paralyzed, etc etc etc. but in todays 24 hour news cycle, the idiots in the media need something to talk about, so this situation gets blown out of proportion

the whole game is about entertaining people with physical violence. every year, kids punch each other, take each others knees out, get paralyzed, etc etc etc. but in todays 24 hour news cycle, the idiots in the media need something to talk about, so this situation gets blown out of proportion

as one of those aforementioned "idiots," i happened to be at the Big Tree with a colleague watching the game that night, and happened to see the post-game circus unfold.

as an "idiot" does, i turned to my colleague and we discussed the possibility that Blount just might be suspended, though we didn't envision the entire season. we though had no 24-hour news cycle to fill and elected to keep our thoughts to ourselves and the bartender.

so, long story short, i don't think we had anything to do with the suspension or blowing anything out of proportion.

but thanks for thinking of us.

jw

"Undraftable".

(Todd McShay and Kevin Weidl) "had given Blount a late-second or early third-round grade after his strong finish last season -- when he rushed for more than 1,000 yards while sharing carries -- with the hope he would come into this season, carry the full load and capitalize on that momentum. He entered the season as our second-ranked senior running back behind Clemson's C.J. Spiller but has done absolutely nothing to help himself. He is blowing what was a great opportunity to maximize his draft stock as a senior.

We talked last night to a college scouting director from an NFL team who said, 'In the matter of five minutes, Blount just went from second- or third-rounder to completely undraftable.' Yes, he was egged on a bit by Hout, but big-name players deal with that kind of trash talk all the time without throwing punches in return."

Blount had 8 carries for - 5 yards in his last game as a Duck.