Why Are You A Bills Fan?

cmjoyce113

Cause I was born there and had the best childhood hero -- OJ -- ever!

Alas, like all true love, after some exhilarating highs the good times have faded against a backdrop of anguish and sorrow. Now, much like a battered spouse, I just don't know how to leave....(maybe I should rob a bank).

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point, I don't know any more. I've lived elsewhere longer than I lived in Buffalo. They're not even entertaining to watch. I'd rather have the brandon spoon-era Bills than these guys. At least they showed SOME life, some emotion. These guys are a bunch of stiffs.

I am a Bills fan because I was born, bred and raised in Buffalo. I have experienced the horror of back to back 2-14 seasons, and the joy of four consecutive superbowl appearances. I bleed red white and blue on sundays 16 weeks a year. I will root for the bills until the day they stick me in the ground or the Bills move from Buffalo.

The above paragraph does not mean that I must blindly believe the hype spewed every year by the best marketing team in football that this is the year they will return to the playoffs. It isn't. They are going to be horrible this year. That is a reality and the sooner you embrace that fact the less this season will hurt. Being a Bills fan does not require one to ignore the obvious.

Frankly, I hope they win two games this year. That should guarantee them the top pick in the draft, and should guarantee the end of the Jauron era, and maybe even a blood letting in the front office. Nothing will change until that happens. Maybe the promise of the first overall pick will be enough to lure a competent GM and head coach to buffalo, so that we can FINALLY get this train turned around and headed in the right direction. Right now its headed for a cliff.

Go ahead and be an optimist. I think its foolish, but I won't begrudge you that right. All I ask in return is that you not question my fandom for holding an opinion different than yours.

Well said!

born in buffalo..........they talk about blackouts in san diego, jacksonville should be lifted i remember listening to the radio with my father to van miller and the electric company years...it was great
Grew up on the east side near Humbolt park, I got hooked by sitting with

my father and neighbors on the porch stoop listening to the games on the radio,

then listening to the roar coming from the rock pile as a reaction to a big play.

born in buffalo..........they talk about blackouts in san diego, jacksonville should be lifted i remember listening to the radio with my father to van miller and the electric company years...it was great

Listening to a football game (any game) on AM radio in the car reminds me of riding with my dad many, many years ago with the Bills on the radio. Him drving with a sandwich in one hand, a beer in the other, and a smoke buring in the car's ashtray. Ahhhh, the good ole days.

I read negative post after negative post with a few positives mixed in. It really seems like some of the people on here are actually rooting for the Bills to suck so Jauron can be canned and we can start this whole thing over again. It seems like a lot of people are assuming the Bills are going to suck when isn't that what everyone felt about Miami last year?

The Dolphins went 3-1 in the preseason last year... did everyone have them winning the Division? No... back then the preseason didn't mean shiiii... Now since the Bills are 0-3 its the end of the world.

The Patriots went 0-4 last preseason yet they were still the favorite to maybe go undefeated again and win the Super Bowl. There fans were all like OH $@#@ we are going to go 4-12 and pick 2nd in the draft.

If you truly are a Bills fan every year should bring new hope becuase you NEVER know what to expect. Every year 6 or so teams that made the playoffs the year before don't make it again. There is always that hope as a fan that your team might improve this year, or might get back to where they were last year. Keep being negative and say the Bills suck before the season it's fine, but why are you a Bills fan?

I'm a Bills fan because it's in my blood. I have been confident the Bills had a chance to make the playoffs EVERY year, including this year. But after watching the preseason games (yeah yeah I know, it's preseason) I have been turned to the darkside. Unfortunately I am about to put $1000 on the Bills under win totals this year, which is currently 8. I am sure that Dick Jauron is the worst HC I've seen. I know that's a big statement considering the likes that have patrolled the sideline before him, but its true. DJ is a joke. Ralp;h is a joke for keeping him. We need an established WINNER running this team. Until then, we will continue to be a joke.

I am a Bills fan because I was born, bred and raised in Buffalo. I have experienced the horror of back to back 2-14 seasons, and the joy of four consecutive superbowl appearances. I bleed red white and blue on sundays 16 weeks a year. I will root for the bills until the day they stick me in the ground or the Bills move from Buffalo.

The above paragraph does not mean that I must blindly believe the hype spewed every year by the best marketing team in football that this is the year they will return to the playoffs. It isn't. They are going to be horrible this year. That is a reality and the sooner you embrace that fact the less this season will hurt. Being a Bills fan does not require one to ignore the obvious.

Frankly, I hope they win two games this year. That should guarantee them the top pick in the draft, and should guarantee the end of the Jauron era, and maybe even a blood letting in the front office. Nothing will change until that happens. Maybe the promise of the first overall pick will be enough to lure a competent GM and head coach to buffalo, so that we can FINALLY get this train turned around and headed in the right direction. Right now its headed for a cliff.

Go ahead and be an optimist. I think its foolish, but I won't begrudge you that right. All I ask in return is that you not question my fandom for holding an opinion different than yours.

Amen .. agree with much of what you said (disagree with the only win two games thing but what the heck).

In the original post trying to compare the current train wreck in Buffalo to the Cheatriots* 0-4 (not even sure that is correct) record last year in the preseason is way off the mark. Buffalo does not have a proven QB and please do not suggest that Jauron's staff = Bellicheat's staff. No way. Sadly Bellicheat has made Jauron look stupid. Until and unless DJ proves he can change this why would you suggest that comparing the Bills to the Cheatriots* is a legitimate comparison?

Holding to the idea that absent change past performance is the best predictor of future performance does not make anyone less of a Bills fan. It simply is an opinion which the original poster seems to not like.

I'm a Bills fan because it's in my blood. I have been confident the Bills had a chance to make the playoffs EVERY year, including this year. But after watching the preseason games (yeah yeah I know, it's preseason) I have been turned to the darkside. Unfortunately I am about to put $1000 on the Bills under win totals this year, which is currently 8. I am sure that Dick Jauron is the worst HC I've seen. I know that's a big statement considering the likes that have patrolled the sideline before him, but its true. DJ is a joke. Ralp;h is a joke for keeping him. We need an established WINNER running this team. Until then, we will continue to be a joke.
There once was this man named Johnny Rauch,,,,,,,,,,,

Listening to a football game (any game) on AM radio in the car reminds me of riding with my dad many, many years ago with the Bills on the radio. Him drving with a sandwich in one hand, a beer in the other, and a smoke buring in the car's ashtray. Ahhhh, the good ole days.

Like a previous post, born and raised in Buffalo, moved to Denver in 1970. Many here believe I should be a Broncos fan, but I just can't do it. In the 60's my Dad and I would go to my Uncle Joe's house. He worked for Zenith and had a huge TV antenna and could pull in the home games from Rochester. Miss my Dad and all those early years of the Bills. Things sure have changed, but my heart is with the Bills always.

I read negative post after negative post with a few positives mixed in. It really seems like some of the people on here are actually rooting for the Bills to suck so Jauron can be canned and we can start this whole thing over again. It seems like a lot of people are assuming the Bills are going to suck when isn't that what everyone felt about Miami last year?

The Dolphins went 3-1 in the preseason last year... did everyone have them winning the Division? No... back then the preseason didn't mean shiiii... Now since the Bills are 0-3 its the end of the world.

The Patriots went 0-4 last preseason yet they were still the favorite to maybe go undefeated again and win the Super Bowl. There fans were all like OH $@#@ we are going to go 4-12 and pick 2nd in the draft.

If you truly are a Bills fan every year should bring new hope becuase you NEVER know what to expect. Every year 6 or so teams that made the playoffs the year before don't make it again. There is always that hope as a fan that your team might improve this year, or might get back to where they were last year. Keep being negative and say the Bills suck before the season it's fine, but why are you a Bills fan?

:flirt: Good post I read this forum everyday at least 10 times but I very very seldom reply to post but I have to say this place sounds like a b*tch fest on how much OUR team sucks!! I'm a realist and I've taken my lumps just like evry other poster on this board when it comes to the Bills. I like constructive criticism of OUR team and the some of the postive suggestions on how we can right the ship, but the DOOM and GLOOM is at a super high here. Which in conclusion I say I can't stay away, I can't become a fan of another team so I'll keep smoking the crack called the Bills until they right the ship. Some of the "fans" on this board makes me ashamed to admit it the way you bash the Bills, be it right or wrong but I can't just up and change teams now can I!! :blink:

I'm celebrating my 50th season this fall as well.

Watch this space for limited-edition Mike 50th Anniversary Season jerseys, beer mugs, banners, seat cushions, autographed posters, special presentations at the 50-yard line at a Bills home game, and a whimsical Ralph -n- Mike MP3 recounting all of the major events in Buffalo history in alphabetical order (sung by Ralph -n- Mike, of course).

:flirt: