First closed practice - coaches taking offense on a

Installation, knock the rust off, and evaluate players.

Interesting concept.

Kind of hard to do that when players (and coaches) are possibly "phoning it in".

No team's ever won a Super Bowl in August.

You would be correct. But I would argue the foundation for that SB win was set in August.

Incorrect. From the 2009 NFL media policy (courtesy of PFWA):

Add: for those of you who remember me laughing at Mike Mularkey back in the day for leaving the depth chart completely blank at QB the week he benched Losman for Holcomb, here's another interesting tidbit from said media policy....

Like I said, I thought. Thanks for the info.

When the crowd at an away game is howling its' collective lungs out, it's difficult for the center (or whatever lineman) to set initial line assignments and for the qb to call the planned play over the cacophony.

Errors occur.

This is one thing I've been wondering about the no huddle. How in the heck is anyone going to be able to hear the QB calling plays at the LOS with guys spread all over the field? I'm sure Giants stadium will be loud as hell when we play the Jets there. Plus if the fans know they can disrupt you even more by booing while trying to call plays at the line. Not sure how that's gonna work. In Seattle you couldn't hear nothin' the QB was yelling. Ask Eli Manning. I'm sure Dick's got it under control though.