Coulda, Shoulda, Woulda picked up Cutler

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What does the Broncos QB situation or Brandon Marshall have to do with Jay Cutler playing well for the Bears? Absolutely nothing. Rent a clue.

You mentioned Josh McDaniels, who is an offensive coach (apparently in more ways than one). The Broncos' problems are on defense and adding McDaniels doesn't change that fact.

IMO here is the silver lining:

If TE is any good then he has to show it this year or he's done. This has to be his make/break year right? If he's good then we are set for the next 3-5 years or more....

If he sucks we've got a high draft pick and what is shaping up to be a QB rich draft......... (Tebow will be an NFL stud no matter where he lands)

So take heart Bills fans.... next year is the year!!!!!!!!!

IMO here is the silver lining:

If TE is any good then he has to show it this year or he's done. This has to be his make/break year right? If he's good then we are set for the next 3-5 years or more....

If he sucks we've got a high draft pick and what is shaping up to be a QB rich draft......... (Tebow will be an NFL stud no matter where he lands)

So take heart Bills fans.... next year is the year!!!!!!!!!

Tebow? A "stud" NFL QB???? I dunno. He's a heck of a talent, but his QB mechanics are not that great. Maybe he fine tunes it this year and makes himself a more appealing NFL signal caller, but that remains to be seen. I think that even if he doesn't do that, someone will find a way to make him effective in the pros.

I still think the guy we missed in that draft was Haloti Ngata. Water under the bridge though.

In addition to having guys like Bart Scott, Ray Lewis, Adalius Thomas, Terrell Suggs, Trevor Pryce, and Kelly Gregg (one of the more underrated D linemen in the league) to play alongside, Ngata also has had competent coaching in Baltimore. I wonder if this team w/ this coaching staff had Joe Greene and Bob Lilly in their prime as the DTs if they could get anything done.

Remember when we passed on him for Donte Whitner?

Vividly. :) I hated that decision! The passage of time has only reinforced my opinion that they should have stayed where they were while drafting Cutler, or they should have traded down to take Mangold. Or they could have taken both players. Mangold wasn't taken until slightly after McCargo was picked up. So it would have been Cutler instead of Whitner, and Mangold instead of McCargo. . . . :lol:

Something I think I thunk.

Jay Cutler was Booo'd big time when the Bears met the Bronco's.

Why was that I think? Was it because Jay Cutler NEVER WAS that good.

I think maybe that's why the Bronco's had him on the trade block to begin with!!!

I still say - No way to Jay.

Man, I remember back about 10 years ago, I could of had this certain girl, she was hot, she was sexy, she was just amazing, but instead I ended up with another one.

I just love telling that story over and over and over.

Ya, my friends love hearing that story, it never gets old :)

I'm hoping some people will agree with me on this, but I wouldn't want Jay Cutler on my team. I say that tentatively because for all I know he ends up winning a super bowl. However, with what I've seen so far, I wouldn't want someone with that attitude and temper on my team. Cutler seems to be a whiny baby who has to get what he wants or else he pouts. Even in games, when he makes a bad throw or something, it looks like he gets really pissed (more than is necessary for messing up one throw). He definitely has a lot of talent, and has the potential to be very good. So far though, his accomplishments are not winning a single playoff game, and pouting until he got traded after his new coach hurt his feelings. He's definitely better than Trent, but I wouldn't want someone like him on my team. JMO.

Man, I remember back about 10 years ago, I could of had this certain girl, she was hot, she was sexy, she was just amazing, but instead I ended up with another one.

I just love telling that story over and over and over.

Ya, my friends love hearing that story, it never gets old :)

LMAO at you Magox...you argued day in and day out that Edwards was better than Cutler...you even manipulated his stats to make him look better...are you still on that side of the tracks now is the question...

Myself personally, I'll take my chances with TE, but we can see how they compare as the season and their careers progress.

I also think Cutler is a good QB, so it will not surprise me for him to do well.

If you even had any shred of credibility left as a poster (and by judging by your posts and everyones responses to them it probably wasnt much) then you just lost it right there with this one...lol

Something I think I thunk.

Jay Cutler was Booo'd big time when the Bears met the Bronco's.

Why was that I think? Was it because Jay Cutler NEVER WAS that good.

I think maybe that's why the Bronco's had him on the trade block to begin with!!!

hahahaha, you think he was boo'd because he was no good? geezus, some of the stuff on this board is priceless

I'm hoping some people will agree with me on this, but I wouldn't want ..... on my team. I say that tentatively because for all I know he ends up winning a super bowl. However, with what I've seen so far, I wouldn't want someone with that attitude and temper on my team. ....seems to be a whiny baby who has to get what he wants or else he pouts. Even in games, ........he gets really pissed (more than is necessary for messing up one throw). He definitely has a lot of talent,..... So far though, his accomplishments are not winning a single playoff game, and pouting until he got traded after his new coach hurt his feelings. but I wouldn't want someone like him on my team.

Wow. Who are we talkng about here?

That's some fresh irony.

Cutler is a great fantasy QB, but personally I don't think that highly of him when it comes to winning games. Not a big fan of Edwards either by any means, but I still believe Cutler is highly overrated by the media.