How is that Jason Peters trade looking now?

sharper802

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone still happy we traded away our ProBowl LT so we could completely retool the O-line????

Absolutely!! And when you say Pro Bowl you are referencing the fact that every other tackle out there was hurt before he got the call. Or are you referencing the Pro Bowler who started checking his bank account every time he got beat off the ball.

Everyone still happy we traded away our ProBowl LT so we could completely retool the O-line????

yes. I think in the long run we are better off. This line isnt gonna really gel til mid season.

Its the coaching and the QB that have me worried at this point.

No...No...NO!!!! Jason Peters MUST fail to satisfy the MASSIVE EGOS here who NEED him to fail to be RIGHT!!!

I dunno bro, the guy kind of was an a$$hat. I mean, I didn't like seeing raw talent hit the wayside...but surely you can't think that the reason people are not wishing him well is because they're ego-maniacs.

If you walked away from that game thinking that our biggest need was LT, you probably don't understand football too well.

What would your key to winning be? Is going into the season with an o-line with 5 new players/postiions high on the list?.

By not keeping him, it has set of a chain of events that will take 2-3 seasons to recover from.

What would your key to winning be? Is going into the season with an o-line with 5 new players/postiions high on the list?.

By not keeping him, it has set of a chain of events that will take 2-3 seasons to recover from.

Yes, because we will now never achieve 7-9 seasons like we did with him around. :thumbsup:

I dunno bro, the guy kind of was an a$$hat. I mean, I didn't like seeing raw talent hit the wayside...but surely you can't think that the reason people are not wishing him well is because they're ego-maniacs.

Absolutely! Bills fans and many forum members were so ridiculously split on this issue that facts did not matter. If Jason Peters continues on to play at a high level and still make the probowl in the NFC some people that shouted really loud are going to look really stupid.

Then they can start all of the excuses of how could they have known that he was really that good? He showed nothing to prove he deserved a raise. Then followed by, "even though he made the probowl I still thought he played like crap in 2008" and didn't deserve a pay raise when he was promoted to LT thread.

It's early. But the line looks about as bad as the supposed "know nothing" experts say on TV. On top of that Edwards looks really really bad. But hey, preseason doesn't count. Nothing is more meaningless right? ZERO tds in 4 game appearances by the starting offense.

If you walked away from that game thinking that our biggest need was LT, you probably don't understand football too well.

Nope our biggest need was not LT. Unfortunately many of the problems I saw on the O-line were precipitated by the loss of our probowl LT. The bigger problem I saw was a QB that has no clue what he is doing and can't throw a ball over 10 - 15 yards in the air with any velocity. I also still saw a QB that has no clue what to do against a 3 - 4 defense. I saw a guy that couldn't start on any other team in the NFL!

Nope our biggest need was not LT. Unfortunately many of the problems I saw on the O-line were precipitated by the loss of our probowl LT. The bigger problem I saw was a QB that has no clue what he is doing and can't throw a ball over 10 - 15 yards in the air with any velocity. I also still saw a QB that has no clue what to do against a 3 - 4 defense. I saw a guy that couldn't start on any other team in the NFL!

Trent can't play because of the loss of Peters? That's a good one.

No, I really think there are some Bills fans here where being right brings unbelievable gratification, even more so then seeing the Bills have success.

Which one you referring to? Edwards? Kelsay? Shouman? Eliison? Poz?

Absolutely! Bills fans and many forum members were so ridiculously split on this issue that facts did not matter. If Jason Peters continues on to play at a high level and still make the probowl in the NFC some people that shouted really loud are going to look really stupid.

Then they can start all of the excuses of how could they have known that he was really that good? He showed nothing to prove he deserved a raise. Then followed by, "even though he made the probowl I still thought he played like crap in 2008" and didn't deserve a pay raise when he was promoted to LT thread.

It's early. But the line looks about as bad as the supposed "know nothing" experts say on TV. On top of that Edwards looks really really bad. But hey, preseason doesn't count. Nothing is more meaningless right? ZERO tds in 4 game appearances by the starting offense.

You're all over the place, but I think I catch your drift. The Bills suck?