How is that Jason Peters trade looking now?

sharper802

Peters was so good that it was impossible to be certain that he was good. That's how good he was.

So good that we are arguing whether he was any good at all. That's CRAZY good!

This team went straight into the abyss as soon as they came out with these clown oufits for uniforms. Look it up.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By trading Peters, Edwards is being forced to checkdown more often. He does not have time to go through his normal progressions, read one: receiver wide open 10, 11 yards down field or on to read two: five yards downfield to tight end, read three: two yard checkdown to back, read three: whoops! Sacked.

This guy has no pocket presence, a popgun arm, cannot anticipate where a receiver will be and only throws downfield if a receiver has no one near him. If I was an opposing defensive coordinator, not only would I keep 8 in the box, I might go 9. All a corner has to be is within 5 yards of a receiver and Edwards will checkdown. What a shame the career of JPL was ruined to ride the coat tails of Edwards, at least JPL could toss one 50 yards downfield between sacks.

SPOT ON!!!! :lol: ...Let's hope TO will bring some kind of life to this dismal offensive start to the preseason. It could further expose how bad Trent is possibly leading to a benching or plans to find his replacement during or at the end of the year. Of course TO could end up being that missing piece that I thought was the problem. That was before we played fantasy football with our O-line and completely threw the concept of continuity out the window.

I think that the critique of Peters being a dominating run blocker but average pass protector are pretty spot-on. That being said, spending $10M/year on a guy like that is stupid, unless you plan to run most of the time, and to the left.

Ya!!! What team would be stupid enough to pay a pro bowl LT $10M a year...Oh...that's right...it's pretty much the going rate these days.

And how is it "cohesive" if it has not gelled yet and is not together? Is that not what "cohesive" means?

They look about as far from "cohesive" as an offensive line could be!

I said the O Line unit is a cohesive unit in general and it takes time...I did not say ours was, in fact, I specifically stated it needs time to gel and that it takes time because O Lines are cohesive units...you just took my statement wrong.

Dogonit, see now if you've played football before you would probably understand what Alphadawg is getting at, so I take it you never played. :lol:

See that way when coach ask you what the heck your doing and why aren't you protecting the QB, you can fire back at your coach "it takes time to gel coach, but we are a cohesive bunch of fellas " and then smile at him, chances are coach won't know WTF to say. ( and if the QB is giving you a puzzled kind of pissy look, he's probably just wondering if all the cohesiveness is going to help glue him back together again, that's all)

Once again, your intellect fails you to understand a simple post...I said that O Line is a cohesive unit, NOT that ours was. I said it will take time for the line to gel becuase the success of an O line relies on each other (in other words a cohesive unit). Its gonna take time for them to get a feel for each other and gel before they can become a cohesive unit.

Not surprised you were once again incapable of understanding simple logic...

Guest dog14787
Once again, your intellect fails you to understand a simple post...I said that O Line is a cohesive unit, NOT that ours was. I said it will take time for the line to gel becuase the success of an O line relies on each other (in other words a cohesive unit). Its gonna take time for them to get a feel for each other and gel before they can become a cohesive unit.

Not surprised you were once again incapable of understanding simple logic...

Duh, ummm, Ok :lol:

I think that the critique of Peters being a dominating run blocker but average pass protector are pretty spot-on. That being said, spending $10M/year on a guy like that is stupid, unless you plan to run most of the time, and to the left.

Then why did a consistent playoff team with a quality owner, front office and coaching staff decide to trade for him and quickly sign him to a lucrative contract? Whose judgment would you trust more: A consistently winning organization or a consistently losing and inept Bills' organization?

What is really stupid is not so much the trading of Peters as much as not having a fallback position to fill in the void with his departure. Completely jumbling the line was nonsensical. Langston Walker is a good RT. But the lumbering player will struggle as a LT. Even he knows it. It would have been better to a acquire a veteran LT and gradually work in Bell. A Mike Gandy type of player is certainly not a long term solution to the most critical spot on the OL, but at least that temporary fix would have been a better course of action to take than taking almost every player on the line out of position.

According to the Bills, who are the ones who know, Peters allowed one half of one sack in 2006.

He was playing on the edge, all alone, with no help, for one reason, because he was one of the best pass blockers in the league.

People here, especially the haters, don't want to hear it, but Peters was generally considered one of the top three LTs in the league in 2006 and 2007. He definitely took a step back last year when he missed camp. But there's every chance that five years from now people will be talking about Jason Peters the way they now talk about Ogden and Walter Jones. All that has to happen is for Peters to regain his 2007 form and be consistent. And remember, now he's going to have help dealing with the pass rush. His job will be much easier in Philly.

Then why did a consistent playoff team with a quality owner, front office and coaching staff decide to trade for him and quickly sign him to a lucrative contract? Whose judgment would you trust more: A consistently winning organization or a consistently losing and inept Bills' organization?

What is really stupid is not so much the trading of Peters as much as not having a fallback position to fill in the void with his departure. Completely jumbling the line was nonsensical. Langston Walker is a good RT. But the lumbering player will struggle as a LT. Even he knows it. It would have been better to a acquire a veteran LT and gradually work in Bell. A Mike Gandy type of player is certainly not a long term solution to the most critical spot on the OL, but at least that temporary fix would have been a better course of action to take than taking almost every player on the line out of position.

Yeah, this is what kills me. If we'd had a good backup plan at LT, the deal would have looked much much better.

Imagine how things will look over the next couple of years if neither Langston nor Bell work out, and if Peters regains his previous form. The trade will look like a disaster even if Wood turns into a very good player. It's a lot easier to get good Cs and Gs than it is to get a good LT.

Absoulutely! Our O Line WILL be better than it was eventually. My guess is that you never played football...The O Line takes the longest to gel, it doesnt happen over night and we have some rookies too...We without a doubt have more talent on our O Line now than we did last year, they just arent together yet. Its a coesive unit.

I said the O Line unit is a cohesive unit in general and it takes time...I did not say ours was, in fact, I specifically stated it needs time to gel and that it takes time because O Lines are cohesive units...you just took my statement wrong.

You might have meant to say that, but that's not what you said. When "it" is not obviously spelled out, it is generally taken as referring to the closest previous noun that fits. Which in the case of your post was "our O Line."

Doesn't matter in the long run, but they didn't misread you, your post just didn't spell out your meaning clearly enough.

Peters is a very talented player no doubt. He also is/was essentially a malcontent at least with the Bills. The Bills took a chance on him and signed him as an undrafted free agent. He developed well and became a dominant player. Then he became a distraction due to his contract of which the Bills had already redone once before. He held out last training camp and Langston Walker moved over to LT. The Bills thought Walker could play LT. Peters held out all training camp and reported in time to play the regular season. Despite making the Pro Bowl for the second time, most Bills fans realized that Peters did not have a good year. So the Bills trade Peters for draft picks and they think Walker can play LT. Walker played RT fairly decent last year and should remain at RT. The Bills have become so inept that they can't even evaluate the current roster talent let alone college talent. Ridding themselves of Peters was the right move but they should have drafted a LT in this years draft. That is where they screwed up along with keeping Dick Jauron.

HELL wouldnt you be malcontent if people coming from outside the organization is getting stupid contracts that was more 2-3 times more than you was receiving but they wanted you to wait. I knew the moment we picked up Dockery we was in trouble with Peters because we paid Left tackle Money to a Left Guard .Would you have waited two years after watching substand play to get a Pay Raise...........No you would have acted just like he did when substandard people on Offense and Defensive for that matter is getting paid more (Kelsey,Schoebel,Dockery,Walker) those stupid contracts forced us to lose our Best Lineman ....................Not Peters attitude..................you do understand how Young Peters is correct ......We should have paid him pick up Wood and our line would have been in much better shape than it is now .........................geeezzzzzzzzzzz people wake up .............OUR GM IS A JOKE AND SHOULD BE SUED FOR FOOTBALL MALPRACTICE HE IS THAT BAD........ JUST LOOK AT OUR PERSONNEL........ LOOK AT THE CONTRACTS OF THIS PERSONNEL.....................ITS SAD

The Pro Bowl is a joke. Please stop referencing it.

Riiiight. I guess all those NFL coaches, players, scouts and fans don't know what the hell they are talking about as compared to GOD OF FOOTBALL ThereIsNoDog. I would actually appreciate if you please stop trying to weakly claim that the probowl means nothing. Some people will try to do anything to be right!!!!

FOR SHAME SIR!!!!!

According to the Bills, who are the ones who know, Peters allowed one half of one sack in 2006.

He was playing on the edge, all alone, with no help, for one reason, because he was one of the best pass blockers in the league.

Sorry but 2006 was a long time ago. If he had played like 2006 and 2007, or even showed that he cared enough, last year, he'd still be in Buffalo.

People here, especially the haters, don't want to hear it, but Peters was generally considered one of the top three LTs in the league in 2006 and 2007. He definitely took a step back last year when he missed camp. But there's every chance that five years from now people will be talking about Jason Peters the way they now talk about Ogden and Walter Jones. All that has to happen is for Peters to regain his 2007 form and be consistent. And remember, now he's going to have help dealing with the pass rush. His job will be much easier in Philly.

Yes, that's why he's struggling there. :lol:

Riiiight. I guess all those NFL coaches, players, scouts and fans don't know what the hell they are talking about as compared to GOD OF FOOTBALL ThereIsNoDog. I would actually appreciate if you please stop trying to weakly claim that the probowl means nothing. Some people will try to do anything to be right!!!!

FOR SHAME SIR!!!!!

It's common knowledge that the Pro Bowl is a joke. Anyone who thinks that Peters played at a Pro Bowl level last year is either a fool or a Jason Peters homer.

Guest dog14787
It's common knowledge that the Pro Bowl is a joke. Anyone who thinks that Peters played at a Pro Bowl level last year is either a fool or a Jason Peters homer.

There is also no doubt that Jason Peters can play at a pro bowl caliber level because he has done it before. At he end of last season the one thing I thought we could hang our hat on for the start of the new season was the running game.

So what did our FO do, revamp the F%$king O-line :lol:

HELL wouldnt you be malcontent if people coming from outside the organization is getting stupid contracts that was more 2-3 times more than you was receiving but they wanted you to wait. I knew the moment we picked up Dockery we was in trouble with Peters because we paid Left tackle Money to a Left Guard .Would you have waited two years after watching substand play to get a Pay Raise...........No you would have acted just like he did when substandard people on Offense and Defensive for that matter is getting paid more (Kelsey,Schoebel,Dockery,Walker) those stupid contracts forced us to lose our Best Lineman ....................Not Peters attitude..................you do understand how Young Peters is correct ......We should have paid him pick up Wood and our line would have been in much better shape than it is now .........................geeezzzzzzzzzzz people wake up .............OUR GM IS A JOKE AND SHOULD BE SUED FOR FOOTBALL MALPRACTICE HE IS THAT BAD........ JUST LOOK AT OUR PERSONNEL........ LOOK AT THE CONTRACTS OF THIS PERSONNEL.....................ITS SAD

Our GM is a joke and paying Kelsay, Schobel, Dockery, Walker that kind of money is/was moronic. But do you really think that Peters would be happy if the Bills gave him $10 million a year? He's a talented guy no doubt but Peters isn't 100% in the head.

How is that Jason Peters trade looking now?

Considering that FatBoy's been out with a 1st-day-of-camp injury for all of camp and preseason, save for a few plays where he sucked out loud, I'd say the trade's looking even better than it did last week - particularly since now we know that (1) to pay that fat POS $11M/year would have been a total waste, and (2) now we know we're gonna need that money and that cap room for a decent QB next season.