Patriots rolling over the Redskins

Don't be so sure--I recall reading a quote this week from Brady saying they were treating this one like a real game, meaning film study and the whole nine yards. The Pats* seemed to play a lot of their starters well into the third. Their 1st team D-line was going against the Skins 2nd stringers in the third quarter. That said, they also seemed to blend in more second stringers in the second quarter as well. Maybe that's Belicheat's master plan this year--platooning his way to victory (along with the cheating).....

That's good news then. :ph34r: Maybe the Patriots do really suck. :thumbsup:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Brady just getting some rust off...Moss subbing for injured Welker on s-underneath stuff, and looking great.

Pats run game working,short passing game to RB's working.Pats defense getting pressure on Campbell, Redskins O line in better shape then Buffalo's...

Joey Galloway getting some much needed work to learn proper routes and get in sync with Brady

Orakpo looking like he will start the season opener for the Skins...

Guest dog14787

Randy Moss has to be taken out of the game, I think our DB's can run with everyone else, stop Randy moss and you have a much better chance of beating the Pats. I realize its easier said then done, but it has to be our DC's top priority in my opinion, stop Moss at all cost.

Randy Moss has to be taken out of the game, I think our DB's can run with everyone else, stop Randy moss and you have a much better chance of beating the Pats. I realize its easier said then done, but it has to be our DC's top priority in my opinion, stop Moss at all cost.

Absolutely, that's what the Giants did when they beat the Pats in the Super Bowl.

Double team Moss and force them to beat you with their other WR's. It does'nt guarantee you will beat New England, but it increases your chances.

The Pats offense will still be difficult to stop, but their defense is not as strong as in previous years.

The Pats offense will still be difficult to stop, but their defense is not as strong as in previous years.

Gee...Bills with a rebuilt offensive line, good backfield, Patriots* with a weaker defense and a powerful offense. Sounds like the game plan should be run the ball then run it some more, then run it some more, pound the hell out of the Pats* defense, and keep their offense off the field.

So I've got ten bucks that says Jauron goes absolutely bug-sh-- pass-wacky against the Pats*.

They worry about Moss like that and Welker will have 14+ receptions in the opener.

I'm already drafting Welker in my drafts in anticipation of him having 14 catches for 170 yards and 2 TDs against us.....then will trade him for the highest rated, most disappointing week 1 performance of a RB.

Gee...Bills with a rebuilt offensive line, good backfield, Patriots* with a weaker defense and a powerful offense. Sounds like the game plan should be run the ball then run it some more, then run it some more, pound the hell out of the Pats* defense, and keep their offense off the field.

So I've got ten bucks that says Jauron goes absolutely bug-sh-- pass-wacky against the Pats*.

No Marshawn makes power running game a little suspect.

We will have to keep them honest with a few 2-3 yard checkdown throws

Buffalo's lack of physicality at the corner position and lack of press in the game plan is a dream for a receiver like Moss.

Moss is what 6'5" or 6'4" going up against 5'10" guys who barely break 190 and refuse to play tough up on the line.

I have never understood the obsession with having a defense full of tiny undersized yet fast players, it's like being a swarm of gnats for opposing players.

The NFL should institute some sort of Super Bowl for the next best team so the rest of the NFL has a chance.

The Patriots D looks vulnerable especially in the passing game. They will beat the crap out of the Bills but better teams will hold their own against the Patriots.

No Marshawn makes power running game a little suspect.

We will have to keep them honest with a few 2-3 yard checkdown throws

Marshawn has only played in 2 of the 4 games against NE since he's been here. Check out his stats. We're better off with Freddy.

Guest dog14787
Buffalo's lack of physicality at the corner position and lack of press in the game plan is a dream for a receiver like Moss.

Moss is what 6'5" or 6'4" going up against 5'10" guys who barely break 190 and refuse to play tough up on the line.

I have never understood the obsession with having a defense full of tiny undersized yet fast players, it's like being a swarm of gnats for opposing players.

I do agree with you, at least in some ways. Same with our group of RB's. Why would we not have at least one big bruiser, (like a Carwell Gardener) instead, we have a whole group of medium to smallish RB's. Yet we watch teams like the Giants run down peoples throats with big RB's and even win a championship and partly because of it. Towards the end of a ball game when your opponents defense is getting wore down it pays to have some size. Seems like very little thought goes into our Roster from a team perspective and that's what inexperience gets you, a boat load of small DB's while we end up releasing players like Jonathan Stupar. :rolleyes:

Guest dog14787
Brady:best QB ever as Bonds:best baseball player ever.

Yup, Tom Brady is a pretty doggon good QB and its hard to argue he's not the best ever or running neck and neck with Joe Montana, at least not in my book.

The guy just see's everything(eyes in the back of his head) and his ability to read and react is the stuff legends are made of. As hard as its been to watch Brady whip our buns every season, we have to also feel a little lucky to witness one of the best players to ever step foot on a football field twice a year.

Players like Brady almost makes you want to change the format on our teams regular season schedule, its just not fair playing the Pats twice a year. Its almost like putting everyone in our division two games down automatically. :rolleyes:

What would them extra two games do for a 7-9 record, hmmm, if it wasn't for the Pats chances are Buffalo makes it to the playoffs from time to time.

When you hear receivers say they are confident to go up and get the ball because their QB never puts them in harms way, that's just not right. :rolleyes:

The Patriots D looks vulnerable especially in the passing game. They will beat the crap out of the Bills but better teams will hold their own against the Patriots.

Yeah, their secondary looks a bit sketchy. Maybe they need to call Troy Brown. :rolleyes: Still, it is pre-season and it is good to play your starters at enough length to self-scout your weaknesses. I doubt Coach "Eat Crow" will just let it slide with a "keep working hard." :w00t: The Patriots did have a pass rush early in the game and Campbell was running for his life.

It was curious to see a team actually fight back against the Patriots and not just go into a prevent defense, though. :rolleyes:

Here we go with the Tom Brady shoulder problems again. Came out for 3rd qtr but went back into the locker room. Now if he struggles any at all this year its because of the bum shoulder. Guaranteed he will be on the injury report every week this year, just like 07.

It wasn't just 07, he's been on the injury report every game as probable since week 16 in 2002 after he hurt his shoulder against the titans the previous week