Folks, it's PRESEASON

When the team gives them something to be positive about, then things will change. 2-8 over their last 10 games and an 0-3 start to the pre-season where the starters and the Chosen One Trent Edwards haven't scored an offensive touchdown yet (just think about the futility of that for just one moment...) and you'll see why nobody hear is farting rainbows and p*ssing sunshine.

1-2

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787

I can't blame folks for being skeptical, but I do wish everyone would try to use some common sense in the preseason.

We are evaluating, not trying to win ball games, does that even register with some of you. :o

I can't blame folks for being skeptical, but I do wish everyone would try to use some common sense in the preseason.

We are evaluating, not trying to win ball games, does that even register with some of you. :o

Their evaluations after 3 games seems to be lacking something.

With all this ba-de-ba about finally having tall receivers, how about doing some evaluation about fade and fade stop routes? :lol:

we have Dick Jauron as a head caoch.. .Preseason or not it is painfully obvious that this team is DJ's team

I saw all I needed to see at GB. I guarentee 7-9 is the very best this team can do this year...

OUr OL is not goin gto be any beter then last year, and our pass rush is obviously not going to be better then last year.

Those 2 things alone guarentee us a non playoff season

I hope I'm wrong, but I see strong similiarities in preseason to what I have seen the last 3 years

Guest dog14787
and what are you going to say when they look exactly the same when the regular season starts?

the sky is falling :o

Whats not registering with you is not the concern over the final score, but the sever lack of production from our starting units.

1. Starting unit on offense = no TD's

2. Trents biggest issues seem to be unresolved = he is below average in reading coverage and is still way too slow reading the D causing late throws, holding the ball too long causing sacks and fumbles, and checking down to often.

3. The starting D was very unimpressive in its first test against a high powered O in GB and that doesnt bode well when we face NE twice and some other high powered offense because at this point our O doesnt look like it will fair well in a shoot out.

So, there is reason for concern here. There is still time, and our O and D should be better than they have shown, but there is reason for concern. Every year we say its only preseason and then the regular season comes and all our issues in preseason seem to still be apparent in regular season.

Then what's your evaluation of the starting offense and it's inability to score touchdowns?

Guest dog14787
Then what's your evaluation of the starting offense and it's inability to score touchdowns?

Starting offense needs all the starters.( T.O., the best scoring machine in the NFL)

I know this has been said before, but I think it bears repeating:

PRESEASON PERFORMANCE HAS ALMOST ZERO CORRELATION TO REGULAR SEASON PERFORMANCE.There are many reasons this is true, and they have been discussed at length already. Some teams run vanilla schemes, don't gameplan, experiment with personnel groupings, and care more about evaluating and staying healthy than winning.

Just as often as a team like the Steelers goes 5-0 in the preseason and then wins the Super Bowl, as I believe was the case last year, another team will turn in a 1-3 preseason and then make a deep playoff run. And the reverse is true; often teams with the best preseason records have the worst regular season records.

And it's not just about wins and losses in the preseason. Even when starting unites look dreadful in preseason games, there is almost zero evidence that shows that is what they will look like in the regular season. And we all know about pre-season gems who flop when the games really count.

Now I'm not saying we shouldn't be concerned about this year's Bills team. I am simply saying the source of our concern should be the last three year's 7-9 records, not some poor performances in a couple pre-season games this year.

In short, withhold your doomsday predictions at least until halftime on Sept 14!

I wholeheartedly disagree with that statement in relation to the Buffalo Bills. For Peyton Manning preseason doesn't mean diddly. But for an unproven team and QB who have set the benchmark for mediocrity I think that you are absolutely seeing something close to the product you will get on week 10 of the regular season.

This team doesn't "turn it on" when the regular season starts, people have been posting your post for the last ten years every preseason and then the Bills come out and lay another egg of a season.

I know this has been said before, but I think it bears repeating:

PRESEASON PERFORMANCE HAS ALMOST ZERO CORRELATION TO REGULAR SEASON PERFORMANCE.

There are many reasons this is true, and they have been discussed at length already. Some teams run vanilla schemes, don't gameplan, experiment with personnel groupings, and care more about evaluating and staying healthy than winning.

Just as often as a team like the Steelers goes 5-0 in the preseason and then wins the Super Bowl, as I believe was the case last year, another team will turn in a 1-3 preseason and then make a deep playoff run. And the reverse is true; often teams with the best preseason records have the worst regular season records.

And it's not just about wins and losses in the preseason. Even when starting unites look dreadful in preseason games, there is almost zero evidence that shows that is what they will look like in the regular season. And we all know about pre-season gems who flop when the games really count.

Now I'm not saying we shouldn't be concerned about this year's Bills team. I am simply saying the source of our concern should be the last three year's 7-9 records, not some poor performances in a couple pre-season games this year.

In short, withhold your doomsday predictions at least until halftime on Sept 14!

I could sip your kool-aid if I had not seen these Dick Jauron Bills (and Bears) for so many years. There simply is no reason to be optimistic. I look and I don't see it (hope that is). Not even T.O. can save this team (especially the defense).

For me the difference in previous years prior to DJ the starters looked good for the two series they played and the backups could flounder and lose the game.

This year the starters flounder and the backups look like they play better.

Hey! Maybe that's a sign.

If the opposite is happening in preseason, maybe the opposite will happen in the regular season.

Instead of 7-9, the Bills will go 9-7.

Woo Hoo!

(I'm trying to be positive, I swear)

I tend to think that is precisely what all the fuss is about. The evaluation was, "Damn, we look like sh--."

I don't really recall anyone seriously bitching about not winning a preseason game, but I may have missed it.

I tend to think that is precisely what all the fuss is about. The evaluation was, "Damn, we look like sh--."

I don't really recall anyone seriously bitching about not winning a preseason game, but I may have missed it.

Exactly right, winning preseason games is irrelevant, they are usually settled by a future truck driver scoring

on a third stringer. Its all about evaluating the guys who are going to play regular season and so far

not good.