Duke Preston

Yep. I'll be surprized if Dockery isn't kicked to the curb in DC as well. If he isn't, they won't compete, IMO.

At least the FO recognized the utter failure and changed 'em out. We'll know soon enough if the changes work.

Agreed that wood looks to be the real deal. Problem is that the rest of the bunch have to establish the same. Not saying that Hangartner (sp?) isn't an upgrade but look at the starting point - anybody would be an upgrade.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. I'll be surprized if Dockery isn't kicked to the curb in DC as well. If he isn't, they won't compete, IMO.

At least the FO recognized the utter failure and changed 'em out. We'll know soon enough if the changes work.

Dockery will start on the same line that will feature former Bills #1 pick Mike williams, who is moving up the depth chart

Please, someone on this board name 1 player on the Bills (drafted or signed as a FA during Jauron's tenure) that has reached a level of play that meets the best expectations for that player. There are few if any. These coaches can develop anything that is above average. I can think of only one, Fred Jackson. Maybe Bryan Scott on defense.

Walker

Wood (so far)

Leo (didn't think much of him until I saw him play for us)

Josh Reed (he was re-signed under DJ instead of being tarred and feathered)

Lynch (didn't think he'd be as good as he was)

Copeland Bryan (reach, but I never thought he'd make the team or PS)

I guess with the rookies it could be attributed to me not paying a lot of attention to the college game and as such I don't have a good feel for what the rookies are capable of, but there were some that did better or overachieved (as far as I am concerned) during DJ's tenure.

He's been in the league for eight years, which for a lineman means he is most likely on the downside of his career. He was a starter for some pretty bad Miami teams in 04-05 and half a season in Cleveland in 07. He was a backup for Cleveland last year. So yeah, that's just like saying Lee Evans is like TO (if TO had been a backup for the Browns last season....)

http://www.nfl.com/players/sethmckinney/profile?id=MCK507237

It figures that you would focus on the players instead of the false analogy. I don't know why I would have thought otherwise.

You're right, I was focusing on the players. Not sure what your complaint is, or still why you expected anything more from Seth McKinney.

Please, someone on this board name 1 player on the Bills (drafted or signed as a FA during Jauron's tenure) that has reached a level of play that meets the best expectations for that player. There are few if any. These coaches can develop anything that is above average. I can think of only one, Fred Jackson. Maybe Bryan Scott on defense.

1.) Trent Edwards (2007, 3rd round)

2.) Mitchell (2008 FA)

3.) Stroud (2008 Trade)

4.) Walker (2007 FA)

5.) Lynch (arguably)

6.) Jackson (2006 FA)

7.) Scott (2007 FA)

8.) Butler (2006, 5th round)

I can't really think of any others that have exceeded expectations. A couple of those are borderline "exceeders".

There are a couple 2009 draft picks exceeding expectations so far (Wood, Lankster, Harris), but too eaerly to tell on the 2009 class.