TE sounds... just like DJ!

zazie

"You have to give credit to the Packers," Edwards said. "They have run a great scheme all day long. We just have to learn from our mistakes."

"That is something that is a good learning process for us," Edwards said of going against the 3-4 scheme. "There are a lot of guys who haven't faced a 3-4 in their day and we have to make sure that we learn how to get what we can from that and learn [from] it."

"Obviously it wasn't what we wanted today," Edwards said. "It's something that we need to change pretty quickly, and we can do that in practicing and learning from our mistakes."

"You have to give credit to the Packers," Edwards said. "They have run a great scheme all day long. We just have to learn from our mistakes."

"That is something that is a good learning process for us," Edwards said of going against the 3-4 scheme. "There are a lot of guys who haven't faced a 3-4 in their day and we have to make sure that we learn how to get what we can from that and learn [from] it."

"Obviously it wasn't what we wanted today," Edwards said. "It's something that we need to change pretty quickly, and we can do that in practicing and learning from our mistakes."

Not only does TE sound like DJ, he is starting to sound more and more like JP Losman by the week... whoever said a coaches imprint on his players is overrated, has not watched the Bills in recent years... I am not a huge fan of the TO move, but, the best thing that he can bring to the Bills, is attention on how crummy this coaching staff is.

Not only does TE sound like DJ, he is starting to sound more and more like JP Losman by the week... whoever said a coaches imprint on his players is overrated, has not watched the Bills in recent years... I am not a huge fan of the TO move, but, the best thing that he can bring to the Bills, is attention on how crummy this coaching staff is.

This is pretty sad, and scary, for Bills fans.

Remember those good things Bill Walsh had said about Trent when Marv drafted him? And wasn't Trent the first draft pick to agree to a contract that year?

Has all that good stuff gone down the Dick Jauron coaching drain?

Sad indeed.

Personally, I find it just a little bewildering that Edwards would make that comment, "There are alot of guys who haven't faced a 3-4 in their day". Didn't he face the 3-4 9 TIMES LAST YEAR? Don't the Pats, Dolphins, AND the Jets employ the 3-4? And specifically, how many teams in the NFL run the 3-4?

I don't know, that comment really just didn't sit well with me. I know I'm just a fan and all, but that just really eats at me. A rather piss poor excuse if you will.

Personally, I find it just a little bewildering that Edwards would make that comment, "There are alot of guys who haven't faced a 3-4 in their day". Didn't he face the 3-4 9 TIMES LAST YEAR? Don't the Pats, Dolphins, AND the Jets employ the 3-4? And specifically, how many teams in the NFL run the 3-4?

I don't know, that comment really just didn't sit well with me. I know I'm just a fan and all, but that just really eats at me. A rather piss poor excuse if you will.

I think he's mostly referring to the two rookies on the O-line.

You're right, they were the ones who looked like swiss cheese vs. a 3 man pass rush.

I don't think anyone played well last night (save for a few 2nd and 3rd stringers).

A few times the line held well though, and TE couldn't get rid of the ball. If he is gonna continue to make short passes, he may as well do them in under 3 seconds.

I don't think anyone played well last night (save for a few 2nd and 3rd stringers).

A few times the line held well though, and TE couldn't get rid of the ball. If he is gonna continue to make short passes, he may as well do them in under 3 seconds.

I would agree that no one, including Trent played well last night. As for holding onto the ball too long, I think that they've been emphasizing finding the man downfield, rather than going for the dump-off man as soon as he feels pressure.

linked in a another post:

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-9-199...-for-Bills.html

As time goes on, he's going to have to get used to holding onto it a little bit longer. The biggest key for the Buffalo Bills is the offensive line, giving Trent the time to go through his progressions because he's not going to live on dinking and dunking. I guarantee it.

I'd like to know what he should have said?

Angrily:

"We were personally and professionally embarrased out there. It was a disgrace. We were unprepared and it showed."

something along those lines.

And maybe a Dennis Green rant from DJ would have been appropriate.

They just both lay down and took it like the bitches they seem to be. They both catch, neither pitch.

I would agree that no one, including Trent played well last night. As for holding onto the ball too long, I think that they've been emphasizing finding the man downfield, rather than going for the dump-off man as soon as he feels pressure.

linked in a another post:

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-9-199...-for-Bills.html

Sarcasm right? 7 completions for 45 yards is hardly hitting anyone downfield.

Trent is the dumpoff king for Christ's sake, he plays scared.

Angrily:

"We were personally and professionally embarrased out there. It was a disgrace. We were unprepared and it showed."

something along those lines.

And maybe a Dennis Green rant from DJ would have been appropriate.

They just both lay down and took it like the bitches they seem to be. They both catch, neither pitch.

where's Dennis Green these days?

Of course he sounds like DJ. He's a young impressionable guy and DJ has been his only NFL head coach. DJ is putting his mark on all of the young players. No joke.

It gets better. 3-4? Why should we bother practicing against the 3-4?

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/200...ions-in-gb.html

Trent: 'The hard part now is I don't know how much scout team we're going to be running. We didn't face a scout team 3-4 defense (this past week), we faced our 4-3 defense. It is the preseason. We do kind of need to just learn things on the fly and be able to make in game adjustments. But I don't know how much scout team we'll get, how many looks we'll get of Steelers defense. I was very surprised how many different looks their defense did give us. They brought corner blitzes, safety blitzes, a couple linebackers here and there, and that's not something you see a ton of in the preseason. But give them credit they dialed them up and they beat us.

Heaven help us.

It gets better. 3-4? Why should we bother practicing against the 3-4?

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/200...ions-in-gb.html

Heaven help us.

If there is no other reason for Dick Jauron to be fired immediately it is right there.

I suspected that in practice they weren't seeing much 3-4 but to have the starting QB not only confirm it and also in a way question the logic behind not facing it is downright disgraceful.

I'm going to go punch myself repeatedly now.

Heaven help us.

You cannot petition the Lord with prayer.

So much for that stern talk that Wilson had with Jauron at the end of the season. Why bother setting up a scout team for 75% of defenses they'll face this year?

If there is no other reason for Dick Jauron to be fired immediately it is right there.

I suspected that in practice they weren't seeing much 3-4 but to have the starting QB not only confirm it and also in a way question the logic behind not facing it is downright disgraceful.

I'm going to go punch myself repeatedly now.

It truly makes you wonder... what the hell are they doing in practice every day? They have 6 divisional games against a 3-4 defense. Teams that they went 0-6 against just last year. And yet here we are, after training camp, half way through preseason, and they haven't prepared in any way for a 3-4 defense?!?!? Honestly, I don't know where to begin.

You don't have to be a genius to realize that if you're entire division plays a 3-4 defense, you should be prepared to play against a 3-4 defense. Can our coaching staff really be this dumb?

I can take a loss in preseason. But a loss like this, with these kinds of comments is just pathetic.

It truly makes you wonder... what the hell are they doing in practice every day? They have 6 divisional games against a 3-4 defense. Teams that they went 0-6 against just last year. And yet here we are, after training camp, half way through preseason, and they haven't prepared in any way for a 3-4 defense?!?!? Honestly, I don't know where to begin.

You don't have to be a genius to realize that if you're entire division plays a 3-4 defense, you should be prepared to play against a 3-4 defense. Can our coaching staff really be this dumb?

I can take a loss in preseason. But a loss like this, with these kinds of comments is just pathetic.

Walk through are really not sufficient even if you ARE preparing for the 3-4.

The bills don't have a training camp in a true sense of the work, just a bunch of very rich guys bunking in dorm rooms and watching some film and doing some light running around without pads.

At least that is the impression I get from everyone who went and checked it out and reported back here.

You cannot petition the Lord with prayer.

So much for that stern talk that Wilson had with Jauron at the end of the season. Why bother setting up a scout team for 75% of defenses they'll face this year?

Makes one wonder, do they plan on not practicing vs. the 3-4 until the week of the opener?

If that's the case, I think the Almighty may be willing to make an exception for us.

The Packers are in the midst of implementing a 3-4 defense under new DC Dom Capers. Trent mentioned that GB threw a lot of looks they weren't prepared for. I cannot help but remember him saying this, along with Posluszny last season. This is a trend with Buffalo coaches in that the team sees looks they're not prepared for. Unacceptable.

Billboard Buffalo News

I cannot comprehend the fact that the team didn't work against the 3-4. Their starting defense should be struggling, especially new 3-4 DE's and those OLB's like Kampman. But they didn't look bewildered against the Bills starting offense.

Frankly I don't care how those second and third stringers play against their opposing backups. But in that first half, Buffalo clearly was beaten bad and after a month of practicing, I expect more. I truly don't think TO's presence would have changed much, but it's a convenient excuse to exempt the coaching staff from preparing the team. It's going to be a long season.