DJ's postgame press conference

Never noticed but from now, I will never be able to NOT notice.

Funny stuff.

He was visibly irritated. It was nice to seem him not very happy. I disagree about the protection, but I like that he said nothing commendable happened with the first team D. It is his way of calling out the guys.

He was visibly irritated. It was nice to seem him not very happy. I disagree about the protection, but I like that he said nothing commendable happened with the first team D. It is his way of calling out the guys.

OMG, such harsh words for his own players "nothing commendable happened"

ouch, don't throw your players in THAT briar patch, Dick!

LOL

Does anyone agree with me that during DJ's press conference, at about 1:10 into the video, he seems to call Trent out to a certain degree? He says Trent has to be more careful with the ball, "But he can't be timid, you gotta pull that trigger".

to me that sounds like DJ's way of telling Trent to stop effing checking it down every other play! If so, I think that's a good thing...

Does anyone agree with me that during DJ's press conference, at about 1:10 into the video, he seems to call Trent out to a certain degree? He says Trent has to be more careful with the ball, "But he can't be timid, you gotta pull that trigger".

to me that sounds like DJ's way of telling Trent to stop effing checking it down every other play! If so, I think that's a good thing...

Captain Checkdown

What?? Jauron is able to show emotion??

It amazes me that everyone seems to think that Jauron "calling players out" will make the team play better. It doesn't work that way guys. Jauron is what he is. He's never going to be a coach that is overly emotional nor is he going to call out his players. You might as well get used to it.

Can't really have it both ways Dick.

Either have Trent become more "aggressive" and deal with the mistakes as they happen, or continue to emphasize "playing it safe" and limiting those mistakes.

Actually it sounds to me like he's saying two things.

He needs to be more more careful with the ball = he does need to check down.

He needs to pull the trigger = he needs to do it quicker.

He was visibly irritated, but by what? The full-body rash?

Scratching your nose is not 'calling-out the guys' - if it is, OMFG we're in for a long season, and Jauron's face will look like a meth-addict's by mid-October.

Saying, in no uncertain terms, that "Trent SUCKED tonite - he looked like he had Dakota Fanning on his mind the whole time he was out there. Luckily Ryan Fitzpatrick has picked up the offense quickly and gets better every week. If Trent can't get the job done, we're lucky to have Ryan waiting in the wings," - that's calling someone out.

I still can't believe these freakin' idiots didn't bring Graham Harrell in for a free look.

In the world of body language... scratching/rubbing your nose, ear, or neck while talking is a tell tale sign that the person is telling a lie (or at the very least highly uncomfortable with their answer).

"nothing commendable happened"

...soon to be a hackneyed cliché.

Provides a powerful insight into Dick's mind. He saw the carnage occurring on the field, and after a scrupulous analysis concluded that nothing commendable happened.

In the world of body language... scratching/rubbing your nose, ear, or neck while talking is a tell tale sign that the person is telling a lie (or at the very least highly uncomfortable with their answer).

He also knows his weeks to unemployment are ticking down. He will never be a HC in this league again if he does not turn this situation around. He will get a job as a position coach and maybe as a coordinator but not as a HC again.