Colonscopy Tomorrow, What A Pain In The Ass!!

Steely Dan

Ok I assumed it was for a routine checkup. My father in law just got out of the hospital and they did one of these on him. He went in because he had diarrhea for several days before. He was dehydrated and had low potassium. They found nothing. He's out now but they are still not sure what the deal is with him. At least they didn't find anything in his colon. Again, good luck. Hope there is no problems.

Here's a starting point.

http://www.merck.com/mmhe/sec12/ch158/ch158b.html

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You might wanna wait until you've expelled most of the air they pump you up with - people will look at you funny if you're in public when that happens.

Voice of experience. Word.

I haven't gotten one yet, but a friend said they asked him if he wanted something at the final clean out at the hospital- he said:Yeah, a Buffalo News. I can't sh-- without reading the paper." When they pumped him with the air, he told them he was the Michelin Man!

Another friend that had a lower GI said that his dumps were heavy for days. Almost heard clinks when they hitthe bottom of the bowl.

Give us the gory details!!!! This seems to becoming below-the-belt medical procedure day.

I hope I never have to have one, but who among us know for sure? :worthy:

They put one in before trauma surgery. One of the side effects of the pain meds they had me on for the broken leg was difficulty peeing. So finally my wife ,the former ER nurse, throws me under the bus and tells the nurse that I will never admit that I can't go on my own and they might as well cath me. :beer: That was the first time, then I had to endure it being taken out a few other times after surgeries when they forgot to take it out before I woke up! :worthy: It's not as bad as you might imagine though....... it's actually much, much worse.

Gotta get a colonoscopy tomorrow morning. :worthy: I start prepping around 6pm. I've had one before so I know what to expect but if you haven't had one, and you eventually should, it's no picnic.

I feel sorry for your proctologist.

You're such a big a--hole that he's going to have to call NASA to launch a probe to land on Uranus

:beer: