STOCK UP / STOCK DOWN

Stock Up:

Lee Evans - nice to see Edwards get him the ball. Question is, can Evans and T.O. both get enough balls thrown to them?

Leodis McKelvin - step for step with Hester to pick off Cutler

Nic Harris - I think we found Ellison's replacement

Stock Down:

Ko Simpson - down and out

Gibran Hamdan - Fitzpatrick got some separation. No doubt who's #2. I'm confident in Fitzpatrick.

Tiger Woods - I can't believe he lost after leading by 4 after two rounds...he'll be back though

He did ZERO. Again. He hasn't shown anything in years, and with guys like Lankster showing some fire, he's dropping like a stone.

He was arguably our best DB before his injury last year. Made several head-turning plays for little gain when they were targeting him on third downs and had a couple real nice corner blitzes as well. He has shown flashes that can't be denied. Just hasn't been on the field enough to show more. And he may be running out of time.

GO BILLS!!!

He did ZERO. Again. He hasn't shown anything in years, and with guys like Lankster showing some fire, he's dropping like a stone.

Youboty will be on someones roster this year and if playing healthy, will be a solid contributor. Possibly not the Bills since we draft multiple dbs every year and some are bound to work out, but there are plenty of clubs with defensive backfield needs that would love to have Ashton.

If we are going to cut him maybe we should try to trade him. Although with our FO likely this would be another clusterf**k (see Dockery to Detroit).

Youboty will be on someones roster this year and if playing healthy, will be a solid contributor. Possibly not the Bills since we draft multiple dbs every year and some are bound to work out, but there are plenty of clubs with defensive backfield needs that would love to have Ashton.

If we are going to cut him maybe we should try to trade him. Although with our FO likely this would be another clusterf**k (see Dockery to Detroit).

What do you think we are going to get for a 4th round CB who can't stay on the field??? We can't even get much for Parrish. This board's infatuation with Youboty confuses me. He's only made a couple plays and only appeared in 19 games over 3 seasons. I'm sorry I don't see anything with him. Yes he looked good coming out of college and he did show some spurts but cmon 1 INT in 3 years is not production. Its time to move on.

What do you think we are going to get for a 4th round CB who can't stay on the field??? We can't even get much for Parrish. This board's infatuation with Youboty confuses me. He's only made a couple plays and only appeared in 19 games over 3 seasons. I'm sorry I don't see anything with him. Yes he looked good coming out of college and he did show some spurts but cmon 1 INT in 3 years is not production. Its time to move on.

The guy has always performed very well, when he has played. He is a very good cover back, and a stone cold tackler.

Of course, if he can't stay on the field none of that matters.

To name people not already discussed

UP:

-Fitzpatrick - Feel semi-confident with him at backup.

-McKelvin - Its ok by me if he gets toasted every now and again if he keeps picking the ball off like he has been...

-Our Scouts & Front-Office - I feel we have a good crop of rookies this year, both early and deep in the draft. Wood & Levitre will make an instant impact, Harris looks promising, and Lankster looks like a dynamic playmaker in the secondary. In addition to the rookies, i give the FO and Juron credit for building such a strong and deep secondary. McGee and McKelvin are a great apir. Corner has been good and so has Lankster. Not to mention WHitner and another potential ballhawk in Byrd. I think the Secondary is very solid. I agree that it has come at a price to other positions (OL / DL), but at least they have delivered a result with the focus they have placed on the DB and S spots.

DOWN:

- Our Front Office - Sign Maybin already...we have a contender here and need him to be up to speed.

- Dick Juron's barber - DJ was looking a little light on top last night...might not need a barber at all in a few years...

- Steve Tasker & Ray Bentley in the booth - As players, good, as commentators, not so good.

yea i saw his bald spot :unsure::lol:

Ditto but even worse is this board's fasciantion with Josh Reed. 9 TD in 7 years. With any luck Lee Evans will have that many by week 12.

More Roscoe. More cowbell....

Pick 3 players whose stock has risen after week 1 preseason, and pick 3 players whose stock decreased after week 1 preseason :blink:

STOCK UP

1. Ellis Lankster - Reminds me of Jabari Greer... If McGee leaves in 2010 - I seriously think this guy and corner are going to have a dogfight for #2 CB.

2. John Stupar - Impressive! Catches everything thrown to him.

3. Chris Ellis - I know its just backups - but Chris Ellis has may himself known after last night making two great plays in a row

STOCK DOWN

1. Dominic Rhodes - A vet with a ring... but he should understand when to call fair catches on punt returns.

2. Roscoe Parrish - He wants a role with the offense and is just showing why he shouldn't be out there with the starters.

3. KO Simpson - Covering backups - still can't get the job done.

What do you think?

Maybin down. Even though I think we need him or someone better than denney kelsey & schobel

Ditto but even worse is this board's fasciantion with Josh Reed. 9 TD in 7 years. With any luck Lee Evans will have that many by week 12.

More Roscoe. More cowbell....

Ok, Reed is a bit of a different situation than Youboty. He's out there nearly every game doing what a slot WR is supposed to do, go over the middle and make the catch. He's had 2 consecutive 50 reception seasons in which he achieved over 30 first downs for the team. Yeah he doesn't score much, but how many 3rd WRs in the league are lighting up the scoreboard especially with the instability the Bills have had at QB? Sorry you're barking up the wrong tree here.

Ok, Reed is a bit of a different situation than Youboty. He's out there nearly every game doing what a slot WR is supposed to do, go over the middle and make the catch. He's had 2 consecutive 50 reception seasons in which he achieved over 30 first downs for the team. Yeah he doesn't score much, but how many 3rd WRs in the league are lighting up the scoreboard especially with the instability the Bills have had at QB? Sorry you're barking up the wrong tree here.

Not to mention his catch percentage is as high as it gets, and he is a very good and VERY willing blocker downfield. You don't dump guys like that.

Guest dog14787
UP: Nic Harris. love the way the guy plays.

DOWN: Ashton Youboty. Buh bye.

Youboty? based on what, being the best tackling DB we have, pound for pound he's one of the best tacklers on the team. Ashton is a very good DB who has had a string of bad luck with injuries. He plays 110% on every play and his fearlessness probably contributes to his injuries. Ashton is willing take on the biggest fullback coming out of the backfield head on and in all likelyhood he will drop him, he plays like a LB in a DB's body, the kids as courageous as they come.

Youboty? based on what, being the best tackling DB we have, pound for pound he's one of the best tacklers on the team. Ashton is a very good DB who has had a string of bad luck with injuries. He plays 110% on every play and his fearlessness probably contributes to his injuries. Ashton is willing take on the biggest fullback coming out of the backfield head on and in all likelyhood he will drop him, he plays like a LB in a DB's body, the kids as courageous as they come.

Agreed :blink:

Problem: Not a CB's job to be doing that. I need turnovers from the little guys on defense. How many has he got?

Problem: Not a CB's job to be doing that. I need turnovers from the little guys on defense. How many has he got?

You know football better than that. It is most certainly a CBs job to make tackles and take on blockers. If you shirk those duties, you'd better be Deon Sanders good at the other stuff.

UP

D.Bell....has played both Tackle spots and could end up being the swing reserve tackle this year on the O-line

Lankster...he has been impressive the whole off-season

Harris... another good draft pick

Corner... seems like he is getting better with every time he plays

Down

Simpson nuff said

Youbooty...not because of play but he is injury prone

McKinney...see why the Browns let him go

Maybin......time for him to do something or he will waste the first month of the season learning

I know its more than 3 on each side....but its my post and I'm sticking to it :rolleyes:

The problem is that most posters dont understand football and look at stats to determine a players skill, talent and value. If Reed was in INDY, NE, AZ, etc he would be a 70 catch 6+ TD guy every year as a 3rd WR...if he was the #2 on a team he would be a lot like Hines Ward. His statistical production is directly tied to our piss poor QB production since he has been on this team.

The problem is that most posters dont understand football and look at stats to determine a players skill, talent and value. If Reed was in INDY, NE, AZ, etc he would be a 70 catch 6+ TD guy every year as a 3rd WR...if he was the #2 on a team he would be a lot like Hines Ward. His statistical production is directly tied to our piss poor QB production since he has been on this team.

Have to agree with you 100% on that one

Can't argue with that.

Been on a bender all weekend, so I'm checking the Tivo...

Plus:

Spencer Johnson abused Olin Kreutz more than once. Isn't Kreutz supposed to be a Pro-Bowl guy?

Let's Get Stupar. Jonathan Stupar. He looks like what everyone tells me Schouman is supposed to. Actually, he looks like the safety valve at TE that Robert Royal might have been if he had hands instead of waffle-irons on the end of his arms.

Nic Harris got picked on but made some plays too. One thing for sure, if you make him run all the way to the sideline he's bringing an ass-kicking with him, although he might just do that anyway. He's the anti-Ellison. He brings attitude all day. Loved him drilling Hanie late on that TD pass to the guy with the Klingon name, and blocking the guy on the 4th Q kick return 5 yards out of bounds.

Minus:

Wendling, you just suck. Way to get run over again on 3rd down. Now you're whiffing against 3s. See ya, you're meeting the Turk and soon.

Butler having trouble with outside speed. He's fine once he gets locked on though. Reminds me of Kris Farris out there. That's not comforting.

Ko Simpson got beat badly by Julio Iglesias for a TD. Lankster was late too, but I've seen him make a play. I don't think I've ever seen Ko make one. He's a poor man's Henry Jones, except Henry would occasionally cover someone or intercept a ball.

Bull sh--. You have that causality backwards. If he was a legitimate #2 WR we wouldn't have problems being locked down by one defensive scheme. If he was a legitimate #2 WR he would be able to at least *occasionally* exploit single coverage, rather than being completely locked down in man to man. He catches passes over the middle because the only time he is ever open is when he is running underneath a zone. He can't beat the single coverage because he isn't #2 WR material, and Trent's production suffers because his only legitimate weapon has been in constant double coverage. Since they can man up on Reed, they can push a safety up into the box to support the run, thus negating the running game. Josh Reed has been THE weakness on this team (on the offensive side anyway). As a #3 WR he is a legitimate weapon on most teams. But few teams in the NFL could improve by adding him as a #2, and certainly no team that has had a more prolific offense than the Bills would be interested in doing such a thing.

Don't talk about people not understanding football when every post you submit screams with unequivocal ignorance.