Vick To Eagles

/dev/null

These things are not really "polls" and are representative only of the people who went to that site and took that poll. Nothing else. Trust me.

Now, it's possible it reflects the real feelings of Eagle fans, but many things are possible. You could make a dart board with opinions and throw a thousand darts and the results MIGHT reflect reality. But that's no way to judge opinion.

Internet polls, that let anyone and everyone vote, are worthless as a real indicator.

And that's too bad - for Vick, I mean - I think a mere 56% anti-Vick vote is way better than he should expect, no?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And that's too bad - for Vick, I mean - I think a mere 56% anti-Vick vote is way better than he should expect, no?

i have absolutely no idea what Philly fans think. This poll doesn't give me any new info.

i think they meant Poles, what do the Italians think?

jw

sorry, it's late.

Well, considering The Senator is a Pole, and I am Italian, you pretty much hit the bird on the beak there.

These things are not really "polls" and are representative only of the people who went to that site and took that poll. Nothing else. Trust me.

Now, it's possible it reflects the real feelings of Eagle fans, but many things are possible. You could make a dart board with opinions and throw a thousand darts and the results MIGHT reflect reality. But that's no way to judge opinion.

Internet polls, that let anyone and everyone vote, are worthless as a real indicator.

The same could be said for any poll?

Why are you so hung up, The Dean? No kidding it's not a scientific sampling. It's about as significant as any poll we take here.

As an early indicator, I find it interesting that around 50% of those who voted hate it. I suspect it would be about the same on any team/fan board.

This is likely to be a huge distraction to the Eagles and I'm interested to see how it plays out. How many protesters will try to get on camera each week?

The same could be said for any poll?

No, not really.

A real poll uses relatively carefully sampling, so that it is representative of something other than itself. No internet opt-in pseudo poll meets those requirements.

I only press this point, as this sort of thing is contributing to the stupidification of our population. People regularly refer to these polls as evidence of something, when they are evidence of nothing outside of themselves.

I'm not suggesting Eagles fans like the Vick signing. I am merely stating this "poll" is worthless as evidence.

Meaningless online, self-selected sample.

Worthless as an indicator, actually.

The site is called Philaphans so I'm assuming the vast majority of visitors to that site are Eagles fans. Therefore I don't think saying that Eagles fans don't like the signing is that much of a leap. JMO

No, not really.

A real poll uses relatively carefully sampling, so that it is representative of something other than itself. No internet opt-in pseudo poll meets those requirements.

I only press this point, as this sort of thing is contributing to the stupidification of our population. People regularly refer to these polls as evidence of something, when they are evidence of nothing outside of themselves.

I'm not suggesting Eagles fans like the Vick signing. I am merely stating this "poll" is worthless as evidence.

All polls are worthless as evidence. Every poll is only a sampling of the people who show up, wether it is in person or online.

The site is called Philaphans so I'm assuming the vast majority of visitors to that site are Eagles fans. Therefore I don't think saying that Eagles fans don't like the signing is that much of a leap. JMO

Probably not a leap. But the poll has no meaning. You can decide to use it as evidence. And you can decide to believe in fairies and Santa Claus, too.

If it makes you feel better, it is no less meaningful than any of the polls you start, here.

The poll is no more meaningful than asking a few Eagle fans, and using that as your guide. The numbers are useless.

Trust me. This was my life, for many years.

All polls are worthless as evidence. Every poll is only a sampling of the people who show up, wether it is in person or online.

Completely false. You have no idea what the hell you are talking about.

Unles they say what you want I guess.

No, the Eagle poll has the results I prefer, but they are meaningless as the sample is unusable, and the methodology is...well, absent. Did you skip all of your statistics classes?

No, the Eagle poll has the results I prefer, but they are meaningless as the sample is unusable, and the methodology is...well, absent. Did you skip all of your statistics classes?

Why? how should they have controlled the results?

Yes, the Eagles are the early favorite to win the Super Bowl. This was before they got Vick. When Trent gets hurt,we'll be wishing we had a solid back up.

We still would be if had him. You really think after sitting out a few years, he will be ready to start as a full time QB in year one back. Maybe next year after he gets a year as scout team QB and relearns, or learns depending on who you ask, to read defenses again, and gets back up to speed of the game.

I thought the Raiders would have been a nice fit but PHILLY??

But the thought of D. McNabb, Westbrook, and Vick on the field at the same time is scary. You know Reid is gonna put some plays in just for him.

Glad he is in the NFC though and Im am glad he is getting a second chance in the NFL

I thought the Raiders would have been a nice fit but PHILLY??

But the thought of D. McNabb, Westbrook, and Vick on the field at the same time is scary. You know Reid is gonna put some plays in just for him.

Glad he is in the NFC though and Im am glad he is getting a second chance in the NFL

Why would they be on the field at the same time? Hell of a playbook.

Why would they be on the field at the same time? Hell of a playbook.

Use your imagination for a sec

QB- McNabb

RB- Westbrook

WR -Vick

Since everybody says he cant throw worth a damn( I think he can but I digress) why not make him an Wideout on some plays?

I look at it this way - while Vick as the potential to be a decent, maybe even great QB (plus a hell of a Wildcat weapon), *I* would hate having the freaking "you have a dog killer on your team" debate with everyone I know. The whole thing would just be a hassle for the fans! :devil:

Thank you for being the first person to even mention it. We have a long way to go, we humans. :thumbsup:

If you honestly wanted Vick on the Bills, you have no soul.

The Eagles may have just replaced the Pats* as my most hated team in the league. Sucks because McNabb is a class dude.

:thumbsup:

:devil:

Some people would sign Charles Manson if they thought he could throw a football...since he can't, they hitched their wagon to the closest thing

Why? how should they have controlled the results?

A key to rational use of a poll as an indicator is not only found in having a reasonable sample (and internet poll is not a rational sample as one really has little idea what the sample really is) but in addition in the interpretation of the polling result.

The report using this poll is double stupid both as the sample making up the poll is essentially unknowable. The untruth indicated by this unknowable sample is then further abused by the simply bizzare claim that it is some accurate claim of the opinions of Eagles fans.

A well designed and well used poll can actually be a reflection of the views of some group Iggles fans, the general publics views could actually be well measured by a scientifically valid poll, but this one seems double stupid in its uncontrolled amd unexplained sample and the overstatement made as to what it shows.

even if Vick were to get where he was before he was caught.... he still isnt that great. I would take McNabb any day of the week.

I cant imagine Vick will be better than he was either.

I cant imagine you can just 'make' someone a WR so suddenly.

And if they line him up at RB or anything he is going to get his head taken off.

I believe they got him as a backup to McNabb.

Andy Reid will listen to the fans and bench McNabb when the team struggles

It is going to be a fun day here with the Iggles fans. One came up to me yesterday to talk about the Vick to Bills rumors. He said that he would no longer support the Iggles if they signed Vick and may not even support the league. My guess is that he is going to change his tune today.

It is going to be a fun day here with the Iggles fans. One came up to me yesterday to talk about the Vick to Bills rumors. He said that he would no longer support the Iggles if they signed Vick and may not even support the league. My guess is that he is going to change his tune today.

Im listening to sports talk in Philly now and the majority of people are pissed.

Palentonio (sp) said on ESPN that people left the game immediately after they announced Vick was signed and he saw a woman crying.

I expected the Fecals fans to really turn a blind eye to Vick's past, but they are impressing me.

Maybe the plan was to bring someone in town that people will hate more than McNabb

Im listening to sports talk in Philly now and the majority of people are pissed.

Palentonio (sp) said on ESPN that people left the game immediately after they announced Vick was signed and he saw a woman crying.

I expected the Fecals fans to really turn a blind eye to Vick's past, but they are impressing me.

Maybe the plan was to bring someone in town that people will hate more than McNabb

I usually don't listen to local sports talk here in Philly, but I might have to tune in today. The Iggles fan I mentioned in my previous post is not a happy camper today.