Business related ones:

Drink from the fire hose

Long pole in the tent

meeting of the minds

shift the paradigm

lets reinvent the wheel

Other:

don't hate the game hate the playa

Deja vu all over again (I don't even think Yogi ever said this)

Going out on a limb

Indulge me for a minute

they are simply saying it incorrectly...it is a quote from albert einstein(i believe), not a definition....

When people feel the need to tell you "the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result"

Main Entry: in·san·i·ty

Pronunciation: \in-ˈsa-nə-tē\

Function: noun

Inflected Form(s): plural in·san·i·ties

Date: 1590

1 : a deranged state of the mind usually occurring as a specific disorder (as schizophrenia)

2 : such unsoundness of mind or lack of understanding as prevents one from having the mental capacity required by law to enter into a particular relationship, status, or transaction or as removes one from criminal or civil responsibility

3 a : extreme folly or unreasonableness b : something utterly foolish or unreasonable

This whole 'teen-speak' vernacular bugs the schitt outa me....

"I was like..."

"And then he was all like..."

"And so I was so totally like..."

I'm going to, like, start writing like all my replies to you, like, totally like that.

He gives 110/120/150/200/1000 percent!

(He really can't.)

Why not? Surely you understand that a percentage is relative to something. Obviously to say that person X gives 110% of what is possible is incorrect, but I think you know that the speaker is trying to say that this guy gives more than the average guy.

Why not? Surely you understand that a percentage is relative to something. Obviously to say that person X gives 110% of what is possible is incorrect, but I think you know that the speaker is trying to say that this guy gives more than the average guy.

You just demonstrated what's wrong with the cliché. You can't give more than 100%. You can give more than 100% of what you gave yesterday, but that isn't part of the cliché. And, I suspect, it isn't implied by most who use it, either.

Usually it means a guy (or gal) gave everything they had in them. I've got a good new cliché:

"He gave 100%."

Perfect!

He left it all on the field. And he has good "foot speed".

You just demonstrated what's wrong with the cliché. You can't give more than 100%. You can give more than 100% of what you gave yesterday, but that isn't part of the cliché. And, I suspect, it isn't implied by most who use it, either.

Usually it means a guy (or gal) gave everything they had in them. I've got a good new cliché:

"He gave 100%."

Perfect!

He left it all on the field. And he has good "foot speed".

"You talk too much."

:unsure: