bills possibly interested in vick

You forgot these stats too

Mike Vick's Playoff Stats

Trent Edwards' Playoff Stats

It's pretty clear that there's two clearly defined camps in this Vick argument: people who've actually seen Vick play and know he's a horrible quarterback, and people who can read statistics but have never watched a football game in their lives.

You should really look at the box scores of Vick's playoff games. The only game in which Vick put up decent passing numbers, the Falcons scored no TDs and lost. The others, Vick's performance as a QB was putrid; when Vick wasn't running, the team was mostly carried by Dunn and Duckett.

You know why that is? Because Vick couldn't throw a tantrum, much less a football.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's pretty clear that there's two clearly defined camps in this Vick argument: people who've actually seen Vick play and know he's a horrible quarterback, and people who can read statistics but have never watched a football game in their lives.

You should really look at the box scores of Vick's playoff games. The only game in which Vick put up decent passing numbers, the Falcons scored no TDs and lost. The others, Vick's performance as a QB was putrid; when Vick wasn't running, the team was mostly carried by Dunn and Duckett.

You know why that is? Because Vick couldn't throw a tantrum, much less a football.

That's what gets lost in all this -- that Vick is a below-average quarterback. He's not any kind of signal-calling savior, especially after spending two years away from football.

That's what gets lost in all this -- that Vick is a below-average quarterback. He's not any kind of signal-calling savior, especially after spending two years away from football.

But he had a Madden cover. You can't measure intangibles like that...

just heard them hint at vick to buffalo on espn radio...

Seems like just the move this incompetent management/coaching staff would make...

The Bills War Room:

Brandon: "You guys want to sign a good security blanket in Jeff Garcia?"

Jauron: "Naaaaah, first let's overpay for Fitzpatrick - his weak arm will make Trent's look like Michael Bishop's, then when he flames out in training camp, we'll bring in Vick!"

Modrak: "Brilliant!"

Got to figure his 55 career fumbles rate will decline. Two years in the slam

has to improve your grip.

Seems like just the move this incompetent management/coaching staff would make...

The Bills War Room:

Brandon: "You guys want to sign a good security blanket in Jeff Garcia?"

Jauron: "Naaaaah, first let's overpay for Fitzpatrick - his weak arm will make Trent's look like Michael Bishop's, then when he flames out in training camp, we'll bring in Vick!"

Modrak: "Brilliant!"

Would you rather have Owens or Garcia? Make your choice; they certainly wouldn't play on the same team again.

Would you rather have Owens or Garcia? Make your choice; they certainly wouldn't play on the same team again.

I just threw Garcia out as an example of how there were MUCH BETTER options out there than Fitzpatrick. For once, I would have liked the Bills to go out and scout a back-up QB who might have the potential to adequately start if Trent went down to injury...

Our season is over if Fitzy boy has to play any games behind center...

I just threw Garcia out as an example of how there were MUCH BETTER options out there than Fitzpatrick. For once, I would have liked the Bills to go out and scout a back-up QB who might have the potential to adequately start if Trent went down to injury...

I hear ya.

because decent human beings can't root for a killer. I'm convinced some people would cheer on Charles Manson at WR if he could catch the ball :thumbsup:

Amen to that, bro. Vick can kiss my a$$. I don't care if he's as good as Tom :w00t: Brady.

If they did have an interest, it wouldn't be as their ideal starter.

Wild Cat and 2nd string.

Agreed. Plus, if TE plays just decent and then wants a monster contract anyway (remember, his contract is up next year), the Bills have insurance in case TE (or more likely his agent) pulls a Peters routine. I am liking this more and more... I think TE needs to be pushed. This is too easy for him, IMO.

You do see what you did there, right? First paragraph, tell people not to look at statistics. Second paragraph, tell people to look at statistics.

Garcia is the starter in Oakland.

Is this what you are referring to?

8. I think, the more I watch football this summer, Vick's new team should be the Bills. Nothing against Trent Edwards. I just think the Bills are in it to win it this year.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writ...l#ixzz0NnJnLIKr

Doesn't mention a thing about being interested. Just mentions that King THINKS they would be a good fit.

The Bills are set at QB, they don't want to mess with Edwards mojo.

Thanks for the clarification - I highly doubt the Bills reach for Vick.

because decent human beings can't root for a killer. I'm convinced some people would cheer on Charles Manson at WR if he could catch the ball :thumbsup:

Actually, "decent" human beings know how to forgive.

I own an organic pet company, and I figure if Vick has done his time, he's done his time. Is what he did horrific? Of course. Does it turn my stomach? Yes. But, the man did his time. That's how it works. Of course, if he did anything like that again he should be kicked out of the game IMHO.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Vick with George Seifert at the Buffalo Airport last night.

I guess it's pretty serious.

Michael Vick and Russ Brandon were caught canoodling in a Buffalo night club.