Mort's son gets picked off!!!

After questioning our franchise for years, isn't it fun to see the detractor's son get picked off by Leodis McKelvin..? That was one of the highlights of the night for me...

I think that was Corner who got that pick. Was nice to see our young guys generate some turnovers though, even if it was due to horrible passing.

I think that was Corner who got that pick. Was nice to see our young guys generate some turnovers though, even if it was due to horrible passing.

The posters misread on who got the INT actually underscores the point he was making that the key thing on that play was not which Bill made the late non pretend pretend game INT but the fact that it was someone with the Mortenson name who threw. If it was in fact a horrible pass all the better as the blame squarely is on Mort and no great play was required to send this pretender to the booth where folks who seem to know little about the game roam around collecting big paychecks.

Hey Zazie... You're absolutely correct, I went back and checked. I got confused on McKelvin's pick which was off Vince Young... But, yes, Corner picked Mortensen and ran it all the way in... Regardless, it was a joy to watch anyone from our secondary pick the son of Mort and, as DazedandConfused states, send the pretender to the booth to join his overly arrogant pop! I guess that talent isn't working out for us, eh Mort??? Go Bills!!!

Yeah, I was laughing hard when they showed Mort as Corner took it all the way back, nailing the door shut on his son's chance of making it in the NFL. I am sure this will go a long ways in helping him get over his hatred for the Bills.

I'm guessing he had a little conversation with his kid before the game. "Son, I know you're just the fourth-string QB, but you're going against the worst team in the NFL. I mean, the Bills have been terrible every since they fired the best mind in football, my best friend in the whole wide world. Go out there and light them up. And whatever you do, don't throw a pick-six."

We cannot let him live this one down any time soon.

I'm guessing he had a little conversation with his kid before the game. "Son, I know you're just the fourth-string QB, but you're going against the worst team in the NFL. I mean, the Bills have been terrible every since they fired the best mind in football, your other daddy. Go out there and light them up. And whatever you do, don't throw a pick-six."

You were really close on the conversation, but I corrected your one oversight.

Highlight of the game was that pick with the NBC cameras showing Dad with an look of disappointment and his head held down in disbelief. However, Mort realizing that someone may be watching picks back up quickly with a weird smile across his face like nothing had happened.

The posters misread on who got the INT actually underscores the point he was making that the key thing on that play was not which Bill made the late non pretend pretend game INT but the fact that it was someone with the Mortenson name who threw. If it was in fact a horrible pass all the better as the blame squarely is on Mort and no great play was required to send this pretender to the booth where folks who seem to know little about the game roam around collecting big paychecks.

this post has left me :lol: dazed and confused :thumbsup: .

and the look on mort's face was priceless :lol:

I'm sorry that it came at the expense of his son...but this was the highlight of the game for me. Mort groaning with his head in hands and then quickly realizing that he was probably going to be on TV and putting on a completely fake smile like everything was peachy keen.

Good stuff! :thumbsup:

Yeah, I was laughing hard when they showed Mort as Corner took it all the way back, nailing the door shut on his son's chance of making it in the NFL. I am sure this will go a long ways in helping him get over his hatred for the Bills.

I'm guessing he had a little conversation with his kid before the game. "Son, I know you're just the fourth-string QB, but you're going against the worst team in the NFL. I mean, the Bills have been terrible every since they fired the best mind in football, my best friend in the whole wide world. Go out there and light them up. And whatever you do, don't throw a pick-six."

We cannot let him live this one down any time soon.

Seriously? They showed Chris during that play? Heh, heh, heh.

nailing the door shut on his son's chance of making it in the NFL.

He NEVER had a chance of making it in the NFL. There are people posting on this board who have a better chance of making it in the NFL. I'm hardly joking. The fact that he is in camp is nothing more than a token invitation to a kid who has a famous dad. If a kid with that talent had a dad who was the neighborhood milk man, he would have taken his degree from the University of Arkansas and applied for a job at Wal-Mart headquarters or Tyson Chicken.