Interior O-line Observation

DDD

Yea, I know it was a meaningless 1st half of a preseason game. Nevertheless, here are my observations on the interior of the O-line which was basically all I was interested in watching:

Wood: Wow. I now believe all the practice hype about this guy. He looked great. Great intensity, pushed guys into the turf, never quit. He's probably going to be our best lineman by the end of the season.

Hangartner: Unimpressive. Trivial if at all "upgrade" over Fowler/Preston.

Levitre: Abused. Consistently pushed into the backfield. I guess there's some truth to the short arms thing.

I would not at all be suprised if Wood is moved back to center in 2010 where he played in college if Hangartner struggles this season.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wood: Wow. I now believe all the practice hype about this guy. He looked great. Great intensity, pushed guys into the turf, never quit. He's probably going to be our best lineman by the end of the season.

Sad thing is that he may already be our best lineman....

That is good, though. The kid was a monster. Loved what he did tonight. He was killing his man and even taking on 2 guys on some plays.

Met in the backfield each time...just like last season. I know it's only pre-season but it's not a good omen.

PTR

well...actually like the first half of last season. The last half of last season the Bills had one of the best rushing offenses in the NFL, averaging nearly 5 yards per carry over he last 8 games and ranking 6th in the NFL over that time frame....

well...actually like the first half of last season. The last half of last season the Bills had one of the best rushing offenses in the NFL, averaging nearly 5 yards per carry over he last 8 games and ranking 6th in the NFL over that time frame....

Thats why when it mattered most, and Lynch was at his best, we went for the pass play. I mean sack play. I mean INT play....

Thanks DJ

they definitely looked like a team that has only been playing together for 2 weeks

good thing they have some 2-a-days to work on technique and get the kinks out :lol:

maybe if they hit each in practice, they would not look like they were just surprised from a club med vacation.

Hangartner: Unimpressive. Trivial if at all "upgrade" over Fowler/Preston.

I get the feeling from camp reports that Hangartner willing be pulling a lot, leading off tackle and end sweeps. He's been excellent at that through his short career and the Panther players didn't want him to leave. With him pulling and the guards sealing off/cutting the NT's this makes a lot of sense as to the braintrust's thinking.

I was looking forward to seeing some of this but it didn't happen. I suspect due to the 'vanilla/show nothing' perspective.

The Bills O-line could go through multiple configurations this season.

ah, yet another "Rebuilding" year... I guess Ralph will never sell the team while he's alive, so I guess we are just f'd until he passes... tennessee looked good. I see no way we beat Indy, Titans, Pats (2), Carolina, Miami (2) anyone who runs the ball well... this cover-2 defense with the small d-line will never stop anyone.. looks like 5-6 wins....well, at least DJ will get canned and we can get Gruden in here and get some fire under their butts again..

Sad thing is that he may already be our best lineman....

That is good, though. The kid was a monster. Loved what he did tonight. He was killing his man and even taking on 2 guys on some plays.

yep and as soon as his rookie contract is up he's gone, and we start over again. gotta love those Bills....

Lynch - 3 attempts. 7 yards.

Jackson - 3 attempts. 3 yards.

Listen, stats don't lie, and yes, the interior big three disapointed us. But I only have one thing to say to anyone analyzing preseason games too much, bad or good: The Lions went 4-0-0 in the preseason last year, and then 0-16-0 when the games counted. Any questions about the "importance" of preseason football games? :lol:

Plus, why did ego maniac Jeff Fisher pull Mortinson's kid after his ugly interception and put experienced Patrick Ramsey back into the game? Because Fisher wanted to win the stupid game. I guess Dick should have run Gibby back out there, or even Fitzy for that matter, for that 2 minute drive that could won the game for the Bills if it had ended in a TD. :thumbsup:

You guys on this Wood and Levitre bullsh*t are an absolute joke. "Wood is amazing and Levitre got abused."

And why do you say that? Because you saw Levitre get pushed back once, and didn't see Wood get pushed back, so that must mean Levitre sucked and Wood was great. Too bad none of you actually watched them play specifically. Wood missed more blocks than Levitre did. Go back and watch. Go back and count. I had missed assignments at Wood 3, Levitre 2. Stop coming up with an analysis off of one damn play.

You guys on this Wood and Levitre bullsh*t are an absolute joke. "Wood is amazing and Levitre got abused."

And why do you say that? Because you saw Levitre get pushed back once, and didn't see Wood get pushed back, so that must mean Levitre sucked and Wood was great. Too bad none of you actually watched them play specifically. Wood missed more blocks than Levitre did. Go back and watch. Go back and count. I had missed assignments at Wood 3, Levitre 2. Stop coming up with an analysis off of one damn play.

what he said. :lol: