Interior O-line Observation

DDD

Yea, I know it was a meaningless 1st half of a preseason game. Nevertheless, here are my observations on the interior of the O-line which was basically all I was interested in watching:

Wood: Wow. I now believe all the practice hype about this guy. He looked great. Great intensity, pushed guys into the turf, never quit. He's probably going to be our best lineman by the end of the season.

Hangartner: Unimpressive. Trivial if at all "upgrade" over Fowler/Preston.

Levitre: Abused. Consistently pushed into the backfield. I guess there's some truth to the short arms thing.

I would not at all be suprised if Wood is moved back to center in 2010 where he played in college if Hangartner struggles this season.

I love all of the prognostications following what at best was a glorified practice. The o-line has to play as a unit. This was the first chance they had to do so during "real" action. Give them time - we will not know what we have until about mid-season. The best we can hope for until then is minimal mistakes and a bit of luck.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Which do you think the refs will start seeing/calling first: all those holds or the hands to the throat/face. Actually, I'm glad our guys up front got such a rude welcoming. It will only help.

GO BILLS!!!

Totally agree - hopefully they'll realize (after the various choke outs) that those D linemen are nasty and are only going to get worse as the season goes on. I'm glad that the guys on the interior of our O line are known for their "nasty football attitide" - they're going to need it this year!

tenn has unchained beasts on their line and their DC has a rep as a cheap dirty bastard. it did seem like they were up in the grill all night and it is a good thing to have our young guns beat up on a bit. we want them in a hightened state of mind when we go into NE week 1

I like to think that we're lucky to have an extra preseason game in which to evaluate the players & schemes. Everything (o-line, pass rush) will take some work so the more game experience the better.

I like to think that we're lucky to have an extra preseason game in which to evaluate the players & schemes. Everything (o-line, pass rush) will take some work so the more game experience the better.

Evaluate players, yes. Schemes, no. Very little in the way of scheming is done in pre-season games. All of the Bills' game preparation is going towards NE at this time. Very little of those schemes, if any, will be on display.

Like you said, I too think we're lucky to have the extra game to evaluate the players. It can only help the staff make better decisions.

GO BILLS!!!