Bell Starting at RT Tonight

obviously.... though its important to note he is starting over chambers, unless they plan on using chambers only for LT and spot guard duty

I think they already know pretty much what they have with Chambers. Bell is a work in progress, so this is a good chance for the Bills to give him some reps and see how things go.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would of had my doubts if they thought he could be really good, but if the coaches think he can be really really good, then that's good enough for me.

Not me. The coaches think Ellison can be really good too. I want to see it on the field.

Bell vs. Peters is not a good comparison.

Very true. Bell is committed to making the most out of the opportunity the Bills have handed him and becoming the best football player he can be; Peters is a fat stupid lazy schitt who admitted he dogged it last season 'cause he was pissed about his contract, then - after getting his $60M contract/$24M guarantee - on the first day of camp, tweaked his quad running from the bedroom to the breakfast table. :wallbash:

Not me. The coaches think Ellison can be really good too. I want to see it on the field.

Exactly. Everybody is really good, shows a lot of promise or is underrated... until the Bills waive them. Forget the non sense that the coach's are feeding the press and fans. Look at when they play and their performance on the field. At this point, Bell is not even the backup tackle.

Very true. Bell is committed to making the most out of the opportunity the Bills have handed him and becoming the best football player he can be; Peters is a fat stupid lazy schitt who admitted he dogged it last season 'cause he was pissed about his contract, then - after getting his $60M contract/$24M guarantee - on the first day of camp, tweaked his quad running from the bedroom to the breakfast table. :wallbash:

Some people might tire of this but I enjoy it. Senator.

ya, and not only that, Peters has made 2 All Pro teams and earned the respect around the league to be a top line player and Bell, well he is Karl Malone's son and has lots of potential, and the coaches think he can be really really good.

The main reason for this is because Chambers has been working at G during this training camp, which IMO is a bad idea anyways. Now that the rookies have nailed down the starting spots at G, I'd like to see Chambers moved back out to tackle and have McKinney as the swing guard.

Yes. :wallbash:

is anyone really surprised by this:

"8:09 PM: Bell continues to put in solid work; he did a nice job picking up Kawika Mitchell on a blitz, then completely shut down Chris Kelsay. Eric Wood continues to (more than) hold his own against Marcus Stroud. Drayton Florence is now taking first-team reps at cornerback."

ya, and not only that, Peters has made 2 All Pro teams and earned the respect around the league to be a top line player and Bell, well he is Karl Malone's son and has lots of potential, and the coaches think he can be really really good.

I'm not so sure about that 'earned the respect around the league' thing, but Peters' stupidity and questionable work ethic certainly have raised some eyebrows...

"The Lions, Rams, Seahawks, Bengals, Raiders and Jaguars could all use a guy with Peters' ability to man the premier spot along the offensive line for the next six years...

"Perhaps the reason more teams weren't involved is because they had some of the same concerns the Bills had in regards to Peters. The Bills have had Peters on their roster for the past five seasons and yet they could not compel themselves to offer him the $10 million a year he was seeking. He had begun to show too many of the bad habits that caused a 340-pound athlete running a 4.8 40-yard dash out of college to go undrafted. That made such a sizable investment too much to stomach....On his way towards becoming the next great one he grew unhappy with his compensation because he was underpaid for his production based upon his 2007 season and the Bills were paying a couple of inferior linemen more. But two wrongs don't make a right and Peters was out of touch the entire offseason. He reported to Buffalo out of shape, overweight, disinterested and it showed in his lackluster performance. That made the Bills particularly uneasy to make him the highest paid player at his position. Personally, I would have made him play out his contract in western New York, but the Bills didn't want to go through last year all over again and began to entertain trade offers."

Ross Tucker

SI/CNN

4/22/2009

link

As for the Pro Bowl thing, we all know Pro Bowl voting is a freaking joke. A guy who led the NFL among blind-side tackles in sacks-allowed getting voted to the Pro Bowl??? Right. :wallbash:

I'm not so sure about that 'earned the respect around the league' thing, but Peters' stupidity and questionable work ethic certainly have raised some eyebrows...

"The Lions, Rams, Seahawks, Bengals, Raiders and Jaguars could all use a guy with Peters' ability to man the premier spot along the offensive line for the next six years...

"Perhaps the reason more teams weren't involved is because they had some of the same concerns the Bills had in regards to Peters. The Bills have had Peters on their roster for the past five seasons and yet they could not compel themselves to offer him the $10 million a year he was seeking. He had begun to show too many of the bad habits that caused a 340-pound athlete running a 4.8 40-yard dash out of college to go undrafted. That made such a sizable investment too much to stomach....On his way towards becoming the next great one he grew unhappy with his compensation because he was underpaid for his production based upon his 2007 season and the Bills were paying a couple of inferior linemen more. But two wrongs don't make a right and Peters was out of touch the entire offseason. He reported to Buffalo out of shape, overweight, disinterested and it showed in his lackluster performance. That made the Bills particularly uneasy to make him the highest paid player at his position. Personally, I would have made him play out his contract in western New York, but the Bills didn't want to go through last year all over again and began to entertain trade offers."

Ross Tucker

SI/CNN

4/22/2009

link

As for the Pro Bowl thing, we all know Pro Bowl voting is a freaking joke. A guy who led the NFL among blind-side tackles in sacks-allowed getting voted to the Pro Bowl??? Right. :wallbash:

He's not a Bill any more, so I say !@#$ him!

Senator, while some might say you take it to an extreme, I say "someone has to". I cant disagree with any of your views regarding Peters. I'm a Bills fan, and as a fan of this TEAM, to have a player who the FO took multiple chances on QUIT on us, is an insult to the team and it's fans. i wont be as adamant with the posts as you, but i can appreciate them.

Senator, while some might say you take it to an extreme, I say "someone has to". I cant disagree with any of your views regarding Peters. I'm a Bills fan, and as a fan of this TEAM, to have a player who the FO took multiple chances on QUIT on us, is an insult to the team and it's fans. i wont be as adamant with the posts as you, but i can appreciate them.

What he said! :wallbash:

Exactly. Everybody is really good, shows a lot of promise or is underrated... until the Bills waive them. Forget the non sense that the coach's are feeding the press and fans. Look at when they play and their performance on the field. At this point, Bell is not even the backup tackle.

You're absolutely right. At this point, he's the starting RT.

Ross Tucker

SI/CNN

4/22/2009

link

As for the Pro Bowl thing, we all know Pro Bowl voting is a freaking joke. A guy who led the NFL among blind-side tackles in sacks-allowed getting voted to the Pro Bowl??? Right. <_<

If you're going to believe the parts you highlighted are you also going to believe the parts that you didn't highlight, that Peters was asking for 10 million a year and the Bills just weren't willing to pay that much?

If you're going to believe the parts you highlighted are you also going to believe the parts that you didn't highlight, that Peters was asking for 10 million a year and the Bills just weren't willing to pay that much?

And the fact that, as people here seem to keep forgetting, THE BILLS OFFERED TO MAKE HIM THE HIGHEST-PAID PLAYER IN FRANCHISE HISTORY, despite all of these supposed "issues." Bills fans are the epitome of "sour grapes."

The only way Bell is going to improve is to actually play him......

No. The only way us fans are going to have a really good idea how much Bell improves is to see him play. He does not need to play in games to improve, and while I hope he explodes into a starting tackle soon, it might not happen very soon. Butler is good with lots of playing time, and Walker is a big strong veteran with lots of playing time and I don't see Bell jumping either on the depth chart in the short run.

I'm still hoping that Bell can be our future LT and am excited to hear more about him and see him play when he gets a chance, but I also know that is far from a sure thing, and given his current experience, he can improve a great deal in practice without playing before getting his shot if Walker and Butler are healthy.

Uh, sure...absolutely, in fact. How 'bout we both accept the story in it's entirety?

I could have just as easily highlighted it this way, to the same effect...