Who starts?

The thing is Jackson and Rhodes will likely be used in the same manner as Lynch and Jackson. I think that will limit Fred from getting that kind of production unless he goes buckwild out there. I think another question that could come from this is what if Rhodes looks great out there then what do they do when they have all 3 guys?

Lynch will be starting when he comes back.

That would be the most stupid thing to do. The Bills have to go with the Hot hand. Remember, usually teams will go back to their starter as soon as a backup falters quickly....In this case, if Jackson fails in the 4th game of the season, the Lynch will get his starting jig back..

Lynch will be starting when he comes back.

Not much doubt about that.

But what if Jackson learns to fly and shoots lasers at the defenders while Lynch is on suspension. What happens then...huh?

Lynch, no question about it. By the way, I was at camp this past Thursday night and Lynch looks much quicker and explosive to me. Anyone else notice this?

He said he put on about 15lbs of muscle this offseason. Maybe that's the difference?

That would be the most stupid thing to do. The Bills have to go with the Hot hand. Remember, usually teams will go back to their starter as soon as a backup falters quickly....In this case, if Jackson fails in the 4th game of the season, the Lynch will get his starting jig back..

So, you think if Jackson accumulates 160 yards in offense, it is because HE has the "hot hand"? I guess the offensive line, playcalling, play of the WRs, etc are all inconsequential. Wouldn't it be fair to assume that if Jackson gained 160 yards, Lynch should do even better? He IS the better RB of the two.

While Lynch is suspended, Jackson becomes a mainstay in their offense and averages 160 yds in total offense. Who starts when Lynch returns?

Lynch--but he better do well. But I love the way Lynch plays.He motivates himself.

Guest dog14787

If the success of the team dictates Fred Jackson should stay the starter then Fred Jackson will stay the starter and anyone who suggests otherwise is just kidding themselves in my opinion. Fred Jackson is older, more experienced, more versatile and better in the passing game so there is absolutely zero reason to change anything if the Bills are winning with Jackson as the starter and primary RB, none.

If the success of the team dictates Fred Jackson should stay the starter then Fred Jackson will stay the starter and anyone who suggests otherwise is just kidding themselves in my opinion. Fred Jackson is older, more experienced, more versatile and better in the passing game so there is absolutely zero reason to change anything if the Bills are winning with Jackson as the starter and primary RB, none.

Well said. This is how it should be if Fred Jackson plays beyond what Lynch has shown us last year. If Freddy plays beyond expectations then lets hope that the Bills FO doesn't give Lynch the nod due to where he was drafted and due to salary. I'm hoping Freddy does an exceptional job. And if he does, then I'm also hoping ML is man enough to take a back seat and let Freddy do his thing. After all, ML put himself in this situation and gave Freddy the chance to showcase his skills. As a poster said earlier (sorry for not recalling which poster) Stay with the hot hand. All this is assuming Freddy lights it up ofcourse :worthy: Off topic, but yes flying abilities and lasers would def push for a pay raise :cry:

The thing is Jackson and Rhodes will likely be used in the same manner as Lynch and Jackson. I think that will limit Fred from getting that kind of production unless he goes buckwild out there. I think another question that could come from this is what if Rhodes looks great out there then what do they do when they have all 3 guys?

That's easy: start running the ball 35 to 40 times a game. That would be fine with me.

Lynch, no question about it. By the way, I was at camp this past Thursday night and Lynch looks much quicker and explosive to me. Anyone else notice this?

He said he put on about 15lbs of muscle this offseason. Maybe that's the difference?

This is all well and good but Lynch's main limitation as a running back has to do with his very average field vision. To many of us, he often picks the wrong hole. He is already plenty strong and explosive.

As far as what happens when we have 3 productive, healthy RBs, that's the point of having 3 RBs...or has everyone forgotten that when Lynch was injured last year for the season finale against New England, we ran Freddie into the ground because we didn't trust Oman in pass protection or as a receiver. Had we had Rhodes last year, we might have won that game.

This is all well and good but Lynch's main limitation as a running back has to do with his very average field vision. To many of us, he often picks the wrong hole. He is already plenty strong and explosive.

:P

I for one would be behind starting Fast Freddy if he comes out of the blocks blazing. As someone else posted, ML put himself in the position to lose his job. Just because he was drafted in the 1st round doesnt mean that he should get it back right away. Thats part of the problem with the Bills and their fans IMO. If someone is producing you keep them in. You dont just change the starters because someone has historically started. Somehow this screams Johnson vs Flutie to me. I happened to want Johnson in at the time but thats just because I hated Flutie, but its very similar. You keep in who is producing or who got you there. You dont make changes just because. Sure, watch us go 3-0 with FJ in there tearing it up and people will want ML to start when coming out because of the way it "Should" be and we lose the next 2 or 3 games because hes rusty, slow, not in game shape.

As far as what happens when we have 3 productive, healthy RBs, that's the point of having 3 RBs...or has everyone forgotten that when Lynch was injured last year for the season finale against New England, we ran Freddie into the ground because we didn't trust Oman in pass protection or as a receiver. Had we had Rhodes last year, we might have won that game.

For me the answer is that i do not care who starts as long as the team as a whole is doing well.

If Jackson were to prove to be such a stud in yards gained if he gets a ton of star time with Lunch forced to sit, my guess is that this depends upon whether Jackson productivity came because he and Rhodes were such an effective duo or on his own.

If Jackson does well on his own I probably start Lynch cause I know the team will be better off with a one-two punch and I like the idea of Lynch knowing Jackson has set a standard he better exceed or I have given him a chance but unless he exceeds Jackson totals as a starter he is gonna lose his job.

Ironically if Jackson racks up his good individual numbers because Rhodes and he team up to make Jackson successful I am actually more likely to go with Jackson as my starter and Rhodes as my #2 rather than break up an effective combo.

So it not only matters to me what Jackson does but how he does it.