Canton Ohio

As the head of the Canton, Ohio Bills Backers Club, I'd like to extend a warm welcome to any Bills fans who will be visiting Canton over the course of the next 10 days. If you are interested, the Canton Bills Backers have a great home at Loby's Grille, which is conveniently located about a mile down the road from the Hall Of Fame. They have specials running all week (25cent wings), cheap drinks, beautiful bartenders, and the best outdoor patio bar in Canton.

I also have extra tickets for the game and would be more than willing to provide advice as to things to do in Canton, places to stay, etc...... Hope all goes well for us this season and looking forward again to the sounds of Buffalo Bills football.

Bump this thread. I'll be there next weekend with my fiancee and we're trying to figure out what our plan is going to be. We're planning on visiting the hall for a few hours early afternoon on Sunday but then need a place to grab some beers and some food before the game. Will there be a bunch of Bills fans at Loby's before the game? Is there parking near the stadium? Is tailgating allowed? Basically I'm a rookie as far as the hall goes and I just want to figure out what we should be doing next weekend to enjoy some food, beers, and fellow Bills fan company. Any specific suggestions would be appreciated.

Kenny told me to pass this info around

The big tailgate is going to be at 2702 25th St NW, Canton, OH 44708-2503

Is this just for the game or both the induction and game? Thanks!

Some more maps (I'll keep adding and updating this whenever I get more info):

Pro Football Hall of Fame

Stark County Fairgrounds -- park-and-ride to Hall

(**REMINDER: There is NO parking available at the Hall itself for either the enshrinement or game -- all their normal lots are either filled with merchandise/food tents, or restricted to buses and media use. Here's the official parking info on the HOF Web site. However, some nearby residents do park cars on their property, just like Orchard Park.)

Directions from Ken's tailgate to Hall

other "go-to" bars/restaurants, according to Ken:

The Pub / their website

5252 Dressler Rd, Canton, OH

The Stables Restaurant and Hall of Fame Grille (formerly owned by Chris Spielman)

2317 13th St NW, Canton, OH

Other links of interest:

Pro Football Hall of Fame: Enshrinement Central

Canton Stark County Convention & Visitors' Bureau

Some more maps (I'll keep adding and updating this whenever I get more info):

Pro Football Hall of Fame

Stark County Fairgrounds -- park-and-ride to Hall

(**REMINDER: There is NO parking available at the Hall itself for either the enshrinement or game -- all their normal lots are either filled with merchandise/food tents, or restricted to buses and media use. Here's the official parking info on the HOF Web site. However, some nearby residents do park cars on their property, just like Orchard Park.)

Directions from Ken's tailgate to Hall

other "go-to" bars/restaurants, according to Ken:

The Pub / their website

5252 Dressler Rd, Canton, OH

The Stables Restaurant and Hall of Fame Grille (formerly owned by Chris Spielman)

2317 13th St NW, Canton, OH

Other links of interest:

Pro Football Hall of Fame: Enshrinement Central

Canton Stark County Convention & Visitors' Bureau

We will need to keep these links for the PFRA meeting in Canton in June. Are you going?

As the head of the Canton, Ohio Bills Backers Club, I'd like to extend a warm welcome to any Bills fans who will be visiting Canton over the course of the next 10 days. If you are interested, the Canton Bills Backers have a great home at Loby's Grille, which is conveniently located about a mile down the road from the Hall Of Fame. They have specials running all week (25cent wings), cheap drinks, beautiful bartenders, and the best outdoor patio bar in Canton.

I also have extra tickets for the game and would be more than willing to provide advice as to things to do in Canton, places to stay, etc...... Hope all goes well for us this season and looking forward again to the sounds of Buffalo Bills football.

niiiiiiiiiiiiicccccceeeeeeee

Pack shorts and sunscreen, folks -- although be advised that you can't take the latter inside the stadium. Latest forecast shows typical Enshrinement Weekend temperatures: highs in the mid-to-upper 80s and lows in the low 70s both days.

Pack shorts and sunscreen, folks -- although be advised that you can't take the latter inside the stadium. Latest forecast shows typical Enshrinement Weekend temperatures: highs in the mid-to-upper 80s and lows in the low 70s both days.

At least they start later. I'm still not quite over Dan Hampton's rambling narrative from "oh so many" years ago.

*Stupid question alert*

Is the location for the pregame tailgate an actual parking lot? Will there be plenty of room? It looked like it was walking distance to the stadium. Just trying to determine if this is a spot we can safely leave the car at while we're checking out the hall, watching the game, etc. Thanks!

Another stupid question, is this Bills Backers bar Loby's and Kenny's tailgate within the same general area? Will I be able to park my car nearby the tailgate and then walk to the Hall of Fame and/or the bar? Just trying to be smart when thinking about the driving and alcohol situation..any feedback would be appreciated thanks.

Another stupid question, is this Bills Backers bar Loby's and Kenny's tailgate within the same general area? Will I be able to park my car nearby the tailgate and then walk to the Hall of Fame and/or the bar? Just trying to be smart when thinking about the driving and alcohol situation..any feedback would be appreciated thanks.
Loby's is located straight down the street from the Hall of Fame. Approx. 1.2 miles away. Fulton to Hills and Dales. Lobys is located at 4736 Hills & Dales Rd. You will not be disappointed with Loby's. Its a great bar....similar to Brennans in Buffalo.

Whether or not he goes to the game, the tailgate is on for both days.

He'll be there for both tailgates whether he makes the game or not...he's undecided on whether he's going to watch the game or not...at most, he might catch the 1st half and then head back home since he works Monday

I have 6 tickets left for the Hall of Fame game. If anyone needs tickets for the game let me know. I live in Canton and can meet you anytime this weekend. 4 tickets are in section 18 and 2 tickts are in Section 16.

Thanks

Tom

Per Chris Brown, the HOF is going to make sure the Buffalo-dominated crowd sits through the entire ceremony Saturday night: Ralph goes first, Bruce saved for last.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/08/06/h...turday-evening/

Good luck to the BuffNews guys, Chuck P, and whoever else is making the trip, on hitting deadline for their Smith stories.

Per Chris Brown, the HOF is going to make sure the Buffalo-dominated crowd sits through the entire ceremony Saturday night:

They gonna tie us to our seats? With four inductees in between Ralph and Bruce, we'll have at least an hour to get up and walk around the stadium area.

Per Chris Brown, the HOF is going to make sure the Buffalo-dominated crowd sits through the entire ceremony Saturday night: Ralph goes first, Bruce saved for last.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/08/06/h...turday-evening/

Good luck to the BuffNews guys, Chuck P, and whoever else is making the trip, on hitting deadline for their Smith stories.

They were obviously expecting another "Michael Irvin" event. Smart move on their part.

Do they have a webcam? :worthy: I need to work 2nd shift meaning I miss tailgate.

I'll also miss the HOF presentation and game but at least my wife can tape those.

Well maybe they will put people at exits and refuse to let people return.

Would not be first time NFL has done this.

They will pre-write story and just call in whatever differences or quotes they want. They can write a more in-depth one later. Felser probably already has submitted his editorial before event.

They gonna tie us to our seats? With four inductees in between Ralph and Bruce, we'll have at least an hour to get up and walk around the stadium area.

If they allow in and out privileges, we could go tailgate some more... :worthy:

or at least it'll allow us time to hit the bathroom from the early tailgating!

They will pre-write story and just call in whatever differences or quotes they want. They can write a more in-depth one later. Felser probably already has submitted his editorial before event.

Not for print, they can't, and I'll guarantee that Chuck isn't pre-writing.

Not for print, they can't, and I'll guarantee that Chuck isn't pre-writing.

It is Bruce though......you won't get many shockers.

Ralph scares me. You never know what he might reveal. What medications he is on....If it's Canton it must be April......I fully expect a juicy piece of info to be dropped during his speech. He has a permit to ramble, and the truth leaks out when he improvises. He's our own little Biden.

Hi all!

I have never been to enshrinement before, so I can't wait!

I have a question though...

Will there be private lot parking around the Stadium area, like around the Ralph on game days. I would perfer to be close to the Stadium and have to take shuttles to and from the fairgrounds through out the day. (Hall ion the early afternoon / Tailgating before Speech time!)

at least the induction...he had been saying he wasn't going to the game but maybe he's changed his mind

Talked to him today and he said he almost certainly will be going to the game, but will most likely leave after the first half to drive back home. He should be well into his journey there by now :thumbsup:

And everyone make sure and ask him why he has that big bandage on his ear :o

If anyone is in Canton and wants to hang, PM me...

So then its cool to park at the tail gate lot and walk over right. I will be there round 11am Saturday that too early? Damn gotta love football season